COLOPLAST TITAN TOUCH LIFESPAN POLL

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
1Roofer

COLOPLAST TITAN TOUCH LIFESPAN POLL

Postby 1Roofer » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:05 pm

I just revised my 2nd time with a newer Coloplast pump which is the Titan Touch model. I had previously had 2 Coloplast Genesis pump failures within 2 years. The Coloplast Genesis has seen a spike in number of failures as of late. I have spoken with several surgeons who have stated that this has been a record breaking amount of failures in such a short timeframe. The Genesis failures can be cited on FrankTalk as well. The Genesis uses the 4515-grade silicone for the tubing & bulb/pump. They may be using the newer-grade silicone now, but apparently the silicone manufacturing supplier is stopping the supply of the silicone because it is so outdated for Coloplast production. This may be attributed to the reason for the failures. The newer-grade silicone is the 4755-grade. This is used in the production of the Titan Touch model & has been used in this model since 2012-2013. Also, the Titan Touch model offers a relief strain neck above the bulb/pump the helps alleviate compiling pressure between the tubing & bulb/pump during inflation/deflation.

All of this information was explained to me by one of the Senior Engineers at Coloplast.

My question for the poll is how many implanted individuals who have daily usage have had long-term success with the Titan Touch model? By long term I mean daily usage with long-term longevity of 5+ years or more. Has anyone had great experience with the Titan Touch mode?

How many years are people experiencing with the Titan Touch model?

I tend to use my device regularly & want one that will provide a long-term success rate.
Last edited by 1Roofer on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Implanted by Dr. Hakky on August 6th, 2018 Coloplast 22 cm. Genesis pump failure 8/17/19. Revision 9/10/2019. Genesis pump failed 2/27/2020 while having sex. Second revision scheduled 4/7/2020 with new Titan One Touch pump instead of Genesis

warrenw

Re: COLOPLAST ONE TOUCH LIFESPAN POLL

Postby warrenw » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:12 am

Do you have a link to the "One Touch" model you are asking about? I can't find anything by that name from Coloplast. There's a Titan OTR and a Titan Touch, but what is a "One Touch"? It's important to be clear when asking about long term experience with a specific model. The OTR and Touch are years apart in when they were introduced.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

LA Johnson

Re: COLOPLAST TITAN TOUCH LIFESPAN POLL

Postby LA Johnson » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:01 am

1Roofer wrote:I just revised my 2nd time with a newer Coloplast pump which is the Titan Touch model. I had previously had 2 Coloplast Genesis pump failures within 2 years. The Coloplast Genesis has seen a spike in number of failures as of late. I have spoken with several surgeons who have stated that this has been a record breaking amount of failures in such a short timeframe. The Genesis failures can be cited on FrankTalk as well. The Genesis uses the 4515-grade silicone for the tubing & bulb/pump. They may be using the newer-grade silicone now, but apparently the silicone manufacturing supplier is stopping the supply of the silicone because it is so outdated for Coloplast production. This may be attributed to the reason for the failures. The newer-grade silicone is the 4755-grade. This is used in the production of the Titan Touch model & has been used in this model since 2012-2013. Also, the Titan Touch model offers a relief strain neck above the bulb/pump the helps alleviate compiling pressure between the tubing & bulb/pump during inflation/deflation.

All of this information was explained to me by one of the Senior Engineers at Coloplast.

My question for the poll is how many implanted individuals who have daily usage have had long-term success with the Titan Touch model? By long term I mean daily usage with long-term longevity of 5+ years or more. Has anyone had great experience with the Titan Touch mode?

I tend to use my device regularly & want one that will provide a long-term success rate.

Hi 1Roofer, I sure feel for you. If you look at my signature you"ll see my similar bad luck. Today I am recovering from a third revision surgery but this time I flew across the country to give Dr Kramer a shot. So far very happy with things.

Best of luck on your recovery.
B 1958/ M 1991/ VL, Titan implant 3/18 20cm+ 2cm rte Dr. Yafi UCI Medical
1st Revision 3/19 Pump failure 22cm+1.5 rte; 2nd Revision 9/19 Pump failure 22cm+2cm rte
3rd Revision 6/16/20 Cylinder aneurysm Dr. Kramer Titan 24cm no rte. 4th Rev 4/14/21 Pump.

dcmusc

Postby dcmusc » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:49 am

As we dicsussed, no on my third revision in less than three years. The Titan Genesis lasted 25 days and I am starting over. Wish I had know more about the Titan pump going in to this revision, 25 days ago.
56. Implanted 8/23/17 by Dr. Kramer. AMS LGX 700 21cm + 2. Developed a leak. Revised to Titan 24cm 5/20/20 by Dr. McGraw in Las Vegas.

1Roofer

Postby 1Roofer » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:27 am

LA Johnson wrote:
1Roofer wrote:I just revised my 2nd time with a newer Coloplast pump which is the Titan Touch model. I had previously had 2 Coloplast Genesis pump failures within 2 years. The Coloplast Genesis has seen a spike in number of failures as of late. I have spoken with several surgeons who have stated that this has been a record breaking amount of failures in such a short timeframe. The Genesis failures can be cited on FrankTalk as well. The Genesis uses the 4515-grade silicone for the tubing & bulb/pump. They may be using the newer-grade silicone now, but apparently the silicone manufacturing supplier is stopping the supply of the silicone because it is so outdated for Coloplast production. This may be attributed to the reason for the failures. The newer-grade silicone is the 4755-grade. This is used in the production of the Titan Touch model & has been used in this model since 2012-2013. Also, the Titan Touch model offers a relief strain neck above the bulb/pump the helps alleviate compiling pressure between the tubing & bulb/pump during inflation/deflation.

Hi 1Roofer, I sure feel for you. If you look at my signature you"ll see my similar bad luck. Today I am recovering from a third revision surgery but this time I flew across the country to give Dr Kramer a shot. So far very happy with things.

Best of luck on your recovery.

What pump did you have? What’s the latest pump you have now?
Implanted by Dr. Hakky on August 6th, 2018 Coloplast 22 cm. Genesis pump failure 8/17/19. Revision 9/10/2019. Genesis pump failed 2/27/2020 while having sex. Second revision scheduled 4/7/2020 with new Titan One Touch pump instead of Genesis

LA Johnson

Postby LA Johnson » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:49 am

1Roofer wrote:
What pump did you have? What’s the latest pump you have now?

All four implants have the same pump, the Genesis. Dr. Kramer seemed to have confidence in it.
B 1958/ M 1991/ VL, Titan implant 3/18 20cm+ 2cm rte Dr. Yafi UCI Medical
1st Revision 3/19 Pump failure 22cm+1.5 rte; 2nd Revision 9/19 Pump failure 22cm+2cm rte
3rd Revision 6/16/20 Cylinder aneurysm Dr. Kramer Titan 24cm no rte. 4th Rev 4/14/21 Pump.

Weazer

Postby Weazer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:27 pm

I have a Titan Touch. It failed after 10 months. My doctor told me it was the first one he had ever seen fail in less than a year and that failing in less than two years was rare.

It's getting replaced next week.
57, not married, Peyronies Disease in 2014, plication surgery 2016, failed, grafted in 2016, implant Dec. 27 2018. Titan 20cm +1RTE

1Roofer

Postby 1Roofer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:51 pm

Weazer wrote:I have a Titan Touch. It failed after 10 months. My doctor told me it was the first one he had ever seen fail in less than a year and that failing in less than two years was rare.

It's getting replaced next week.

How did it fail?

How often did you use it per week?

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:04 am

comparison of titan and AMS is frequently published in the medical literature.

I have pasted an abstract from a paper written by dr eric chung.

In a nutshell, they studied 138 patients from their center and found that the five year survival rate for ams cx was 91% and for titan it was 87%. This is NOT A SIGNIFICANT difference (P>0.05). In other words, survival rate at five year is similar for both devices.(roughly 90% of the implants still work at five years)

See below for the abstract:

Comparison Between AMS 700™ CX and Coloplast™ Titan Inflatable Penile Prosthesis for Peyronie's Disease Treatment and Remodeling: Clinical Outcomes and Patient Satisfaction

Eric Chung 1 , Matthew Solomon, Ling DeYoung, Gerald B Brock
Affiliations expand
PMID: 23210973 DOI: 10.1111/jsm.12009
Abstract

Introduction: The implantation of inflatable penile prosthesis (IPP) with simultaneous manual penile remodeling allows for men to undergo a single procedure aimed at correcting both the penile deformity/curvature and erectile dysfunction (ED).

Aim: To evaluate the clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction in men with Peyronie's disease (PD) and ED who underwent AMS 700™ CX and the newer Coloplast™ Titan inflatable penile prosthesis (IPP) implant.

Main outcome measures: Patient demographics, type of IPP, clinical outcomes, post-implant sexual characteristics, and overall patient satisfaction.

Methods: A single-center retrospective review of clinical database and prospective telephone survey were conducted in all men with PD who underwent IPP between January 2006 and November 2010.

Results: A total of 138 patients with an average age of 57.7 (32 to 80) underwent AMS 700 CX (88 patients) and Coloplast Titans (50 patients) IPP implantation during the 5-year period. The majority of patients (91%) had only one IPP implantation. The IPP clinical outcomes include eight (6%) revision surgery for device malfunction and three (2%) device explantation for prosthesis infection. While there was no statistically significance in device survival between the two devices, the trend favored AMS 700 CX over Titan (5-year Kaplan-Meier estimates of mechanical survival were 91% vs. 87%, P>0.05) and both IPPs provided similar penile straightening without the need for revision surgery. Most men (79%) reported great satisfaction following CX or Titan implants with greater than two thirds of men reported greater self-confidence and 82% of patients would undergo the same operation again.

Conclusions: AMS 700™ CX and Coloplast™ Titan IPP implantation and penile remodeling appeared to provide permanent penile straightening and high patient satisfaction without an increase risk of revision surgery.

Keywords: AMS 700 and Titan Device; Device Survival; Inflatable Penile Prosthesis; Patient Satisfaction; Penile Remodeling; Peyronie's Disease.

© 2012 International Society for Sexual Medicine.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Weazer

Postby Weazer » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:15 am

How did it fail?

How often did you use it per week?

Apparently It has a leak somewhere. I won't know where until it gets replaced.

I cycled it at least twice a day. How many times did I have sex with it? Not sure but not nearly enough.

Weazer
57, not married, Peyronies Disease in 2014, plication surgery 2016, failed, grafted in 2016, implant Dec. 27 2018. Titan 20cm +1RTE

Return to “Implants”