Revision Failure

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dcmusc

Revision Failure

Postby dcmusc » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:05 pm

Can't believe I am having to write this. On May 20 revised my 2.5 year old AMS with a 24cm Titan. On June 16, it failed. Rupture somewhere, saline in shaft and scrotum. No pressure in system. Hadn't even used it, has just started cycling.

The surgeon has rescheduled me for the 16th of July, not exactly treating me like a priority. I spoke with original surgeon, who could get me in almost immediately (Kramer) but would be out of pocket.

At this point I am at a loss as to what to do. My first experience was great, even thought the tubing leaked. Not thrilled by that. But in talking to a few people, the idea that the Coloplast could fail that early leads some to believe it is surgeon error. I have to admit, that has crossed my mind.

Any thoughts here would be appreciated. Trying to take more time off work and rescheduling my life and the up coming pain are really daunting, I really don't want to make a mistake.
Last edited by dcmusc on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
56. Implanted 8/23/17 by Dr. Kramer. AMS LGX 700 21cm + 2. Developed a leak. Revised to Titan 24cm 5/20/20 by Dr. McGraw in Las Vegas.

oldbeek

Re: Revision Failure

Postby oldbeek » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:24 pm

Sorry to hear this. But wondering if you had connectors on either kit. I have no connectors and would be Leary of them.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

dcmusc

Postby dcmusc » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:00 pm

With regards to the connectors, I don't know. I did a bunch of research on the implant and the new surgeon and I am literally dumbstruck by what happened. 10am, final follow up all good. I have engorgement, more girth almost entire prior length.

2pm. System fails, leaking saline in shaft and scrotum. Pain that had seemed to have left, now back. To say I am angry is an understatement. I was on the verge of getting back to my life. Sorry, you didn't ask for that diatribe.

I now have calls into Kramer and Perito to do the fix full price (ugh). The original revision surgeon has me scheduled, but I just don't know if I am comfortable at all. Three implants in three years. I went from loving my implant to wondering if I should just have it all taken out and retiring from sex. I still have engorement, so maybe it isn't all lost.

As you can see, feeling pretty sorry for myself.
56. Implanted 8/23/17 by Dr. Kramer. AMS LGX 700 21cm + 2. Developed a leak. Revised to Titan 24cm 5/20/20 by Dr. McGraw in Las Vegas.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Damn that sucks. That is my worst fear, a failure. Took me too long to recover from implant alone.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:55 pm

dcmusc wrote:With regards to the connectors, I don't know. I did a bunch of research on the implant and the new surgeon and I am literally dumbstruck by what happened. 10am, final follow up all good. I have engorgement, more girth almost entire prior length.

2pm. System fails, leaking saline in shaft and scrotum. Pain that had seemed to have left, now back. To say I am angry is an understatement. I was on the verge of getting back to my life. Sorry, you didn't ask for that diatribe.

I now have calls into Kramer and Perito to do the fix full price (ugh). The original revision surgeon has me scheduled, but I just don't know if I am comfortable at all. Three implants in three years. I went from loving my implant to wondering if I should just have it all taken out and retiring from sex. I still have engorement, so maybe it isn't all lost.

As you can see, feeling pretty sorry for myself.

With a phallus of that size, retiring from sex would be a tragedy for your partner(s) of the first order.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

principles

Postby principles » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:05 pm

I can only but imagine how challenging that situation might appear to be right now. I can also see you getting over it after you're completely healed and get back to fucking wildly with a thick hard dick.

Your story makes me more accepting of 2-4cm's of RTE's and taking advantage of the 22cm pre-connected Titan instead of risking a hacker assembled XL Titan and end up facing an early revision as you did.

"The darker the night, the brighter the stars" - Some Russian
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.
11/2022 Titan 24+2. Infected from Revision.
01/2023 Tactra 23 13mm. Salvage.
08/2023 Titan 20+3. Infected (3 weeks in)
08/2023 Scheduled Tactra Salvage.

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Really sorry to hear that man. If you have to make a choice, go back to Kramer. Is any of this warranty covered? Or only if it's done by surgeon who put it in?
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:33 pm

OregonStrong wrote:Really sorry to hear that man. If you have to make a choice, go back to Kramer. Is any of this warranty covered? Or only if it's done by surgeon who put it in?

Agreed. Go back to one of the top surgeons. It'll make a big difference, trust me.

1Roofer

Postby 1Roofer » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:17 pm

dcmusc wrote:Can't believe I am having to write this. On May 20 revised my 2.5 year old AMS with a 24cm Titan. On June 16, it failed. Rupture somewhere, saline in shaft and scrotum. No pressure in system. Hadn't even used it, has just started cycling.

The surgeon has rescheduled me for the 16th of July, not exactly treating me like a priority. I spoke with original surgeon, who could get me in almost immediately (Kramer) but would be out of pocket.

At this point I am at a loss as to what to do. My first experience was great, even thought the tubing leaked. Not thrilled by that. But in talking to a few people, the idea that the Coloplast could fail that early leads some to believe it is surgeon error. I have to admit, that has crossed my mind.

Any thoughts here would be appreciated. Trying to take more time off work and rescheduling my life and the up coming pain are really daunting, I really don't want to make a mistake.

I just had my 2nd revision, 3 surgery in 2 years. Do you have the Genesis pump bulb? If so, those things are trash. Perito & Dr. Hakky have stopped using those because of saline & pump failures. They have seen more failures now than the last 8 years. Ask to be revised with a One Touch system. If you want more information just text/call

Implanted by Dr. Hakky on August 6th, 2018 Coloplast 22 cm. Genesis pump failure 8/17/19. Revision 9/10/2019. Genesis pump failed 2/27/2020 while having sex. Second revision scheduled 4/7/2020 with new Titan One Touch pump instead of Genesis

dcmusc

Postby dcmusc » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:19 pm

Thanks for the info. The thing with the Genesis, boy was it loud. I asked the doc and he said they do make noice, but I'm not kidding, it was load. Just got a CT scan today. Will show the reservoir is empty (since a lot of saline in scrotum and phallus).

My first guess is pump blew or a tube, how else is the saline getting everywhere.

Return to “Implants”