Any cons of infrapubic approach

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Captain1117

Any cons of infrapubic approach

Postby Captain1117 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:16 pm

I was watching few renowned surgeons mentioning patients having sex in two weeks post implant since their incision was not in scrotum but infra pubic.

Then we see Dr.Eid and Dr.Kramer doing peno scrotal surgeries.Am I missing something ?

Question for infrapubic implatees:

1.How fast was your recovery and
2. and cons of the infrapubic approach ?

Thanks
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

medhatg

Re: Any cons of infrapubic approach

Postby medhatg » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:46 pm

Just had infrapubic by Dr. Karpman last May:
- Started cycling 3 days after surgery.
- Sex: 3 weeks post-op with full healing.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:55 pm

Captain1117 wrote:I was watching few renowned surgeons mentioning patients having sex in two weeks post implant since their incision was not in scrotum but infra pubic.

Then we see Dr.Eid and Dr.Kramer doing peno scrotal surgeries.Am I missing something ?

Thanks

Cons
Greater potential for nerve damage.
The surgical scar is easier to see than one on the scrotum
the insertion of the pump is not so easy to see and the tubing is routed in a less convenient and longer path (as I understand it - I could be wrong)

Pros
reservoir is easier to place
less trauma to the scrotum
surgical site/incision is easier to keep clean and sterile during post-up healing.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:23 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Captain1117 wrote:I was watching few renowned surgeons mentioning patients having sex in two weeks post implant since their incision was not in scrotum but infra pubic.

Thanks

Cons
Greater potential for nerve damage.
The surgical scar is easier to see than one on the scrotum
the insertion of the pump is not so easy to see and the tubing is routed in a less convenient and longer path (as I understand it - I could be wrong)

Pros
reservoir is easier to place
less trauma to the scrotum
surgical site/incision is easier to keep clean and sterile during post-up healing.

Another con I read is that there is a potential to end up short changing the size a bit that way, unless you really have an experienced implanter. Kramer's and other's videos I've watched he really says the exposure of the corpora is so much better penoscrotally and more reliable, accurate measurements that way.
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:48 pm

Nerve damage is over discussed here. Only happens if you use a hack doctor. Those teaching the procedure (Perito , Karpman) say the nerve bundle is very easy to recognize. I don't see any difference in access for measurement either. Tubing is more on top though. If you have a deep cruse, more RTEs are needed to get the tubes to exit on top beyond the pubic bone. I have 5cm of RTE and have no problem with it.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:28 pm

My infra pubic AMS 700lgx model has no connectors done in the operating room. All factory connections. Don't know if that is available with other models. Just another place for a leak.Check into that also.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”