Aggressive Sex and Pump Failure Q&A

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
1Roofer

Aggressive Sex and Pump Failure Q&A

Postby 1Roofer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:36 am

I’ve recently blown through a Coloplast Titan in a years time. Had a pump revision that lasted 6 months. Now I just got replanted yesterday. Both pumps were Genesis. I’ve now converted to a One Touch Coloplast Titan 22cm

I usually have aggressive sex. Are there certain positions I should be avoiding? Both pump failures were fully pumped & ruptured during actual sex. I talked to Dr. Wilson who has done close to 11,000 implants which is the highest number of any surgeon of all time. He said that an implant should never rupture during sex.

I was told the One Touch had thicker maybe more durable pump tubing which may help offset rupture from aggressive sex.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.
Implanted by Dr. Hakky on August 6th, 2018 Coloplast 22 cm. Genesis pump failure 8/17/19. Revision 9/10/2019. Genesis pump failed 2/27/2020 while having sex. Second revision scheduled 4/7/2020 with new Titan One Touch pump instead of Genesis

Captain1117

Re: Aggressive Sex and Pump Failure Q&A

Postby Captain1117 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:54 am

Appreciate if you can please elaborate on what caused this failures.
Rough sex can vary based on who we talk to.

From the axial rigidity studies vaginal penetration takes 500gm force and some of these implants were rated 6-7 times stronger before they were damaged.
As an engineer I am curious of why these are failing..and what type of force and or torsion( bending moment) are you putting them under.
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 am

Just for the record, mine failed after twelve years of no sex of any kind.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:35 am

Definitely need to know what you consider "rough sex".
My biggest fear is having my implant go bad and having to have it re-done. Took me over 5 months to feel better after my implant, at 7 months it's down to slight discomfort.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:06 am

1Roofer wrote:I’ve recently blown through a Coloplast Titan in a years time. Had a pump revision that lasted 6 months. Now I just got replanted yesterday. Both pumps were Genesis. I’ve now converted to a One Touch Coloplast Titan 22cm

I usually have aggressive sex. Are there certain positions I should be avoiding? Both pump failures were fully pumped & ruptured during actual sex. I talked to Dr. Wilson who has done close to 11,000 implants which is the highest number of any surgeon of all time. He said that an implant should never rupture during sex.

I was told the One Touch had thicker maybe more durable pump tubing which may help offset rupture from aggressive sex.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

Can you elaborate on "aggressive sex" please and how would the implant fail during sex?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:24 pm

I, too wonder about the mode of failure.

Was it the implant itself (the inflatable tubes), the pump valve, the pump bulb, the tubing or tubing connectors?

Sudden leak or slow leak of the fluid out of the system (saline being safely absorbed into your body)?

Failure without loss of the saline fluid?

During the actual sex act (particularly in the case of a sudden failure)? Or discovered afterwards?

Details would be helpful
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

1Roofer

Postby 1Roofer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:54 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:I, too wonder about the mode of failure.

Was it the implant itself (the inflatable tubes), the pump valve, the pump bulb, the tubing or tubing connectors?

Sudden leak or slow leak of the fluid out of the system (saline being safely absorbed into your body)?

During the actual sex act (particularly in the case of a sudden failure)? Or discovered afterwards?

Details would be helpful

The first time was the tubing above the pump bulb. I was Having sex in doggystyle & suddenly felt my balls get hot which was the saline pouring into my nutsack.

I then had a bulb/pump revision which failed when I had her leg in the air & was piledriving her Pussy & then felt the combustion leave my pump.

I just switched to a One Touch pump which does seem more beefy around the pump/bulb & tubing seems way more durable
Implanted by Dr. Hakky on August 6th, 2018 Coloplast 22 cm. Genesis pump failure 8/17/19. Revision 9/10/2019. Genesis pump failed 2/27/2020 while having sex. Second revision scheduled 4/7/2020 with new Titan One Touch pump instead of Genesis

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:25 pm

1Roofer wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:I, too wonder about the mode of failure.

Details would be helpful

The first time was the tubing above the pump bulb. I was Having sex in doggystyle & suddenly felt my balls get hot which was the saline pouring into my nutsack.

I then had a bulb/pump revision which failed when I had her leg in the air & was piledriving her Pussy & then felt the combustion leave my pump.

I just switched to a One Touch pump which does seem more beefy around the pump/bulb & tubing seems way more durable

Just speculating: If the failures were in the tubing, perhaps the vigorous sex caused a weakened connector to fail. What would cause a connector to become weakened? Tension on the tubing during the pumping up, perhaps.

I would change my pumping technique to put less strain on the tubing. For example, if you are depending on the tubing to stabilize the pump and valve body while you pump up (or release) the tension in the tubing and connectors might contribute to an early failure.

When I first got implanted, I used my right hand thumb and forefinger reaching over and around my penis' base to stabilize the valve body while my left hand squeezed the pump. I did this for a couple months because the pump bulb kept slipping out of my left-hand fingers (ouch!). Note: I am left-handed and the pump bulb wound up to the left side ov my scrotum.

Eventually I got facile enough that I no longer need to use two hands.

I still take great care not to put tension on the tubing while pumping up. And, as Gt1956 suggests, perhaps "piledriving" also put tension on your tubing to finish the separation possibly begun by pumping technique. (edited to add the words in italics)

As I said, just a speculation as to what went on in your implant.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:35 pm

Not trying to nit pick. But to me it sounds more like a tubing/splice failure than an implant failure. Ya, I know. A failure is a failure. But replacing the pump sure seems minor compared to getting the whole implant replaced.
You never mentioned what type of incision your surgeon used. Was it pubic or scrotal? Good chance that the routing of the tubes isn't best for you. My best guess is that your thrusting method pulled the splices apart. I'm guessing that they don't have great holding power in all directions. You've found the weakest direction. I've seen the splices in several videos. They sure don't look very sturdy.
Best of luck & have at it some more.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

1Roofer

Postby 1Roofer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Gt1956 wrote:Not trying to nit pick. But to me it sounds more like a tubing/splice failure than an implant failure. Ya, I know. A failure is a failure. But replacing the pump sure seems minor compared to getting the whole implant replaced.
You never mentioned what type of incision your surgeon used. Was it pubic or scrotal? Good chance that the routing of the tubes isn't best for you. My best guess is that your thrusting method pulled the splices apart. I'm guessing that they don't have great holding power in all directions. You've found the weakest direction. I've seen the splices in several videos. They sure don't look very sturdy.
Best of luck & have at it some more.

The last failure was a rupture in the pump bulb. My surgeries have all been done penoscrotal. The quick connects didn’t fail, but just the bulb. The Genesis pumps have been having issues a lot lately.

Return to “Implants”