Coming up short

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
young_and_impotent

Re: Coming up short

Postby young_and_impotent » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:54 pm

There are two AMS 700. There is the LGX and CX. The LGX expands in length. Which one are you implanted with?
28 year old with severe lifelong ED.
Implanted in New Delhi on 26/12/19 with AMS CX (15x12) + 4cm RTE
Post op length 4.5 inches from ~ (5.5 to 6) inches. Disappointed!
Wish to have a revision to LGX some day.

young_and_impotent

Postby young_and_impotent » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:01 pm

@agfa13 I think you wer implanted recetly so you can take it easy for a while. Btw what size were you implanted with perhaps you can write that in your signature.
28 year old with severe lifelong ED.
Implanted in New Delhi on 26/12/19 with AMS CX (15x12) + 4cm RTE
Post op length 4.5 inches from ~ (5.5 to 6) inches. Disappointed!
Wish to have a revision to LGX some day.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:16 pm

As soon as I remember to call the Dr. office and get the notes, lol.
I saw him this past Thursday and mentioned this to him. Of course he did not remember, it was several months ago, but he said to call up the office and get the notes.
Those notes better say I am getting it ALL back!

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:21 pm

During my recent appointment with my surgeon. He did mention that if a patient came back complaining that the implant didn't grow. That he knew the patient was lying about following the stretching instructions. I gathered that he had great faith in the implants stretching 100% of the time.
Just something to keep in mind if you are not seeing improvements in the first year or so. I believe that his opinions are likely shared by most surgeons.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:53 pm

My mantra....patience, patience, patience, but damn, its hard when you are on the sidelines for a long time!
I WANT TO FUCK! (did I say this too loud, lol)?

SoggyS

Postby SoggyS » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:03 am

Quester wrote:Figured out how to copy and paste links. If memory serves correctly my doctor told me it could take 18 months to 2 years for every thing to work out

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5000799/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5678524/

Hope these help explain what I was referring to

===
Quester: Dave, was you're implant implanted by doctor William Brandt , at the veterans administration hospital in Salt Lake City; or by which Dr.? Or was your implant implanted by Dr. James Hotaling, urlogy, From the University of Utah who came over and did the operation at the SLC veterans hospital?
I am a 82 Veteran in Ogden Utah, Going to the Ogden Utah VA clinic. I would like your help to tell me how to Qualify for a penal implant with VA at the VA hospital in salt Lake. 5 to 15 years ago Tri-mix penis injections worked very well for me
but suddenly stopped working when I had a TURP operation on my prostrate 5 years ago. For ths last 5 years i've been 100% totally impotent ED. Rx do nothing for me.
My wife is 19 years younger that me, and demands sex; she is divorcing me solely due to my ED!
How can I convince thr Veterans Administration to pay for a penal implant for me? Like you apparently did at the Salt Lake City Veteran'ss hospital ? How was doctor Brant to work with? Any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Could I called you hursley on the phone? Thank you, Dwayne, SoggyS 801-372-2319

Quester

Postby Quester » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:51 am

SoggyS, Dwayne sent you a PM
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:58 pm

SoggyS wrote:
Quester wrote:Figured out how to copy and paste links. If memory serves correctly my doctor told me it could take 18 months to 2 years for every thing to work out

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5000799/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5678524/

Hope these help explain what I was referring to

===
Quester: Dave, was you're implant implanted by doctor William Brandt , at the veterans administration hospital in Salt Lake City; or by which Dr.? Or was your implant implanted by Dr. James Hotaling, urlogy, From the University of Utah who came over and did the operation at the SLC veterans hospital?
I am a 82 Veteran in Ogden Utah, Going to the Ogden Utah VA clinic. I would like your help to tell me how to Qualify for a penal implant with VA at the VA hospital in salt Lake. 5 to 15 years ago Tri-mix penis injections worked very well for me
but suddenly stopped working when I had a TURP operation on my prostrate 5 years ago. For ths last 5 years i've been 100% totally impotent ED. Rx do nothing for me.
My wife is 19 years younger that me, and demands sex; she is divorcing me solely due to my ED!
How can I convince thr Veterans Administration to pay for a penal implant for me? Like you apparently did at the Salt Lake City Veteran'ss hospital ? How was doctor Brant to work with? Any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Could I called you hursley on the phone? Thank you, Dwayne, SoggyS 801-372-2319

Brant works 1 day of the week out of a clinic by the old Holy Cross Hospital in SLC. He told me that he actually does a little over half of his implant sugeries on insurance because the VA's bureaucracy is slow. He is very insurance savy, make an appointment & talk with him. It is very well worth your time. Don't be afraid to take your wife. Brant's exam room nurse is also his operating room nurse. Be sure to take your health insurance information with you to the appointment.
If you don't have health insurance then you'll have to see him through the VA. I don't have any experience with that. Be sure to take your wife with you so that she knows that you reconize the problem & that you are making an honest effort to fix it.
You can handle this. Just do it. Oh, Brant is a good guy & funny to talk to also. Just be honest with him & his nurse. They've seen & heard it all. You won't shock them.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:28 pm

Well, my notes say I am getting it all back, so I am happy!
With my original surgery, I was implanted with an AMS LGX 700 24cm, now I have a Titan Coloplast Legacy 20 cm

indusvalley

Postby indusvalley » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:09 pm

Pete5829 wrote:I was implanted in Oct 2019. Followed all the guidance on here about cycling and stretching for the first 3-4 months then started having sex with wife. I was about 6” when I was in my twenty (pre-ED) with awesome girth. Now post implant I’m 4.25”. It’s just not quite enough to be satisfying for either of us. It’s better than nothing but not what I wanted. Anything I can do?

Pete, you have AMS CX or AMS LGX implant?
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

Return to “Implants”