Advice week after surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ChattMan1962

Advice week after surgery

Postby ChattMan1962 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:08 pm

I’ve been a member since 2016 & greatly appreciate all advice & commentary through 3 yrs f Trimix. Alas, now I’ve graduated to mplant surgery in 4 days. Coloplast Titan. Any preview on what to expect, do, not do the 1st week postop?
68 yr old. ED x 25 yrs. Titan OneTouch 20cm +2 RTEs, 6.8.2020, Dr Shridirani, Chattanooga, TN

544kenmatt

Re: Advice week after surgery

Postby 544kenmatt » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:23 am

im sure nothing I could say would be anything you dont already know. Wishing you the best of luck on your new adventure.
Ken
AMS 700 LGX 10/31/2019. age 63

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:49 am

Good Luck!
My recommendation is lots of ice and ask your doc for some strong medication. Gave me hydrocodone & tramadol which did nothing for me except make me feel nauseous. Percocet worked good, but caused major constipation.
A comfy couch helps too!
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:42 pm

ChattMan1962 wrote:I’ve been a member since 2016 & greatly appreciate all advice & commentary through 3 yrs f Trimix. Alas, now I’ve graduated to mplant surgery in 4 days. Coloplast Titan. Any preview on what to expect, do, not do the 1st week postop?

Take the portable urinal the hospital probably lets you use. Urinating while post-op swelling or inflation prevents you from aiming your urine stream into the bowl is often challenging. Peeing into a bottle (or in the shower) is a lot easier.

Do not strain for bowel movements. It will happen when it happens. Use stool softeners (starting 3 days before surgery) and eat easy-to-digest and eliminate foods (high fiber, minimal dairy products, etc, depending on your individual intestinal constitution). Stay hydrated after surgery. Drinking lots of water helps keep the bowels moving.

Stay horizontal as much as possible. Reduces swelling.

If you have someone with you, let that person do all the heavy lifting (and light lifting) and inspection of your incision when changing dressings (and actually changing dressings, too) and MAINTAIN ABSOLUTE AND ASSIDUOUS STERILE PROCEDURES!!! at all times around the entire surgical area.

Good luck.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Been through this 3 times! In no shape or form is surgery erotic. You will be vulnerable for a long while.
If you have four legged pets, get yourself one of those gates that you can put up to block them from entering a room (found this out the hard way, and they were not even big dogs!).
Ice, ice, baby! *Depending on how your body responds to the meds*, which I am sure you will need, ice will be your friend.
You will be walking around with your dick hanging out. It will be sensitive to clothing. If you can walk around nekkid, go for it!
Like LS said, recline as much as possible. Your perineum will be hurting (its the area between your asshole and balls). Some guys hurt, others don't, go figure
You will get lots of help on FT. Some of your questions others have had, so you should do a lot of reading on here, just so you know what may or may not happen.
Got a Titan myself, just started cycling.

Day of surgery, you will leave with a catheter in your dick. It will take some getting used to, but it will be in only for a day. You will be surprised how much you actually piss, lol. Doped up most of the day right after surgery, but next day, you will definitely feel better.

Before I forget, have they done a stretch test on you and you have documented, somehow, your 'before' self?
My incentive is a pic of 'Fred'. I have a goal because I think I have been jipped.

ChattMan1962

Postby ChattMan1962 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:50 pm

Tx so much for all the advice. Surgery went well. Have JP drain into scrotum. In 1st 7 hrs, 150 ccs bright red blood. But no catheter & constantly feel need to pee, but only dribble. I mean I’ve spent 25% of last 7 hrs sitting on toilet. Of note, I do have enlarged prostate for several yrs & often feel need to pee, but always able to stream except post-op today. Also on Percocet (oxycodone) q 4 hrs & stool softener but terribly concerned about constipation.

Anyone know if catheter is ok since I can only dribble? I will not sleep at all due the pressure.
68 yr old. ED x 25 yrs. Titan OneTouch 20cm +2 RTEs, 6.8.2020, Dr Shridirani, Chattanooga, TN

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:59 pm

I'd be a little concerned about not peeing. Most guys leave the hospital with a catheter. I'd call your surgeons office and talk to them about it just to be on the safe side.
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

Return to “Implants”