pump "crushed"

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dcmusc

Re: pump "crushed"

Postby dcmusc » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:05 pm

Luckily I didn't lose total function when the leak started. I could continue to use the implant up until the revision, though I suspect I wasn't getting as much length by the time of the surgery. Luckily, I had and still seem to have a good bit of natural engorgement so I think that is helpful.

Just saw my surgeon for my second follow up yesterday and got the detailed briefing. While he did put a slightly larger implant in, and assured me that I am going to very much enjoy my penis based on the final inflation that did at the end of surgery, and I am not expecting a lot of increase, but possibly a quarter inch or so. He assured me there will not be shrinkage. However, he said there would be some initially as the body's response to pain tends to retract the penis much like muscles tighten and constrict with pain. Once the pain subsides, he assured me I would be very happy. I will cycle as I had before (he agreed).

Wish I had more info for you.
56. Implanted 8/23/17 by Dr. Kramer. AMS LGX 700 21cm + 2. Developed a leak. Revised to Titan 24cm 5/20/20 by Dr. McGraw in Las Vegas.

billigan70

Postby billigan70 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:48 pm

A very similar thing happened to me - Sunday

I saw the dr today about it- is I would love to be able to talk to you
22cm Titan touch implanted on 2/27/17

Thaitanium

Postby Thaitanium » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:07 pm

dcmusc wrote:Luckily I didn't lose total function when the leak started. I could continue to use the implant up until the revision, though I suspect I wasn't getting as much length by the time of the surgery. Luckily, I had and still seem to have a good bit of natural engorgement so I think that is helpful.

Just saw my surgeon for my second follow up yesterday and got the detailed briefing. While he did put a slightly larger implant in, and assured me that I am going to very much enjoy my penis based on the final inflation that did at the end of surgery, and I am not expecting a lot of increase, but possibly a quarter inch or so. He assured me there will not be shrinkage. However, he said there would be some initially as the body's response to pain tends to retract the penis much like muscles tighten and constrict with pain. Once the pain subsides, he assured me I would be very happy. I will cycle as I had before (he agreed).

Wish I had more info for you.

you were very helpful, man. Thanks.

Thaitanium

Postby Thaitanium » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:09 pm

billigan70 wrote:A very similar thing happened to me - Sunday

I saw the dr today about it- is I would love to be able to talk to you

I'll send a pm to you.

I'm planning to see my doctor as well I think in two weeks.. And I'll post here to inform anyone who unfortunately will have the same problem.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:20 am

still there are those who believe in medical statistics that say that the prosthesis lasts 10-15 years. all bullshit
Titan 24cm . December 2015

billigan70

Postby billigan70 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:08 am

The pump "crushed" thing is the same - for me and it's definitely fluid loss. I've had 3 surgeries already since early 2017. Strange thing is I didn't do anything at all that I'm aware of. This happened on Sunday, just a few days ago.

My wife and I were having a little fun in our pool, just messing around- no penetration. In fact, I hadn't pumped it up at all. Sometimes when I am in the pool- it will partially auto-inflate on its own a bit - not to the maximum but liquid does go in somehow. In the past, I've always tried to make sure it's sealed off before going in the pool by pressing the release valve a bit-then pressing the pump slightly once. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway-I had been in the pool for a couple of hours. Later that night while chilling out on the couch I could actually hear fluid transferring on its own to and from to some degree. Anyone who has one of these things knows the specific sound it makes when you actually pump the liquid in prior to sex. The sound was NOT like that at all - fluid was going back and fourth- almost free flow like with a gurgling noise for the lack of a better term. (sounded like an enhanced louder version of hungry stomach sounds.... )

From day one of having this device, I've always kept 2-3 pumps in in ( I have a classic pump- I can normally get about 20-25 pumps in using that (initially, I had the titan touch pump which you get 5-7 pumps from total )

The free flow gurgle wasn't stopping. I went to try and use the deflate button first. Then tried to inflate, etc. After a couple of pumps to inflate, the bulb itself felt crushed". almost baggy like- in other words to say there was no way I could pump it at all. I noticed it also shifted a bit from its everyday position so I had to grab a bit differently.

Later that night- fully 100% deflated. The visual was almost gross to me as you could see all the parts inside. It was a first for me. I guess in the past i've never had it fully drained before but thought it was.

I was able to get into see the Dr on Wednesday AM. He confirmed that there was NO liquid in the device or reservoir at all. He marked this as an "Implant failure". That said, I will now need a 4th surgery - implant and all its parts have to come out and get replaced. I had asked how it happened- & was basically told "it happens".... No real reason because I don't think they had a simple answer or knew why. I guess they would have to go it to find out why- hopefully they can find out during the surgery because honestly, I really don't want this to happen again. Assuming I can find out afterwards- I will post the reason. 4th Surgery set for mid July..... (In case anyone was wondering- the first implant done for me was in combination with other procedures I had to have due to a bad penile fracture. 95 degree bend from the middle.

In the end these devices are just mechanical. Mechanical things break down or at least sometimes they do.
22cm Titan touch implanted on 2/27/17

dcmusc

Postby dcmusc » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:23 am

The process for me was very similar. In the midst of having sex I attempted to take the implant to full inflation and the pump just crushed. The difference with me was that when I hit the deflate button, I could again bring saline into the cylinders until the pump "crushed" again.

When I got to the doc he said I had about 6 months until it completely failed, but I immediately scheduled surgery. While this time around is a bit better, I still had not remembered the pain of the initial wounds and hematomoas plus the cycling. Here we go again.

I went with the Titan and the legacy pump (I do miss the auto deflate of the AMS). We did this purely because my surgeon felt these were the most reliable components. But who knows. I have a friend with a malleable inplant and briefly considered it, but in the end, it wasn't for me.
56. Implanted 8/23/17 by Dr. Kramer. AMS LGX 700 21cm + 2. Developed a leak. Revised to Titan 24cm 5/20/20 by Dr. McGraw in Las Vegas.

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:36 pm

This was why my surgeon will only use the titan with the genesis pump. The genesis has been around longer. I do think after a point in time, the biofilm has well be formed. It might be better to replace everything. Also resizing will be needed. From what I read in the coloplast manual.

Return to “Implants”