Axial penile rigidity and it's correlation to patient and partner satisfaction

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
principles

Axial penile rigidity and it's correlation to patient and partner satisfaction

Postby principles » Sun May 24, 2020 9:52 am

Hello everyone!

I've found this fascinating paper on axial penile rigidity and it's correlation to patient and partner satisfaction:
" Axial penile rigidity influences patient and partner satisfaction after penile prosthesis implantation "

If you are willing to check it out, check table 3, where they display how much force was required to buckle each type of implant. Not surprisingly, the Titan came out ahead of the others, but not by much. The mean amount of force required to make it buckle was 1.068kg or 2.35lbs.

And now, the intriguing part. Boston Scientific claims their new Tactra malleable product is capable of withstanding 6.1lbs (2.77kg) of force before buckling. So here's my question; If Boston's' claim is true, and we follow this clear correlation between axial rigidity and patient satisfaction proposed by this paper, plus no pumps, easier recovery, no revisions, and yes, also less girth and concealment issues, still, I find it quite intriguing that based on this indicator alone, tactra sex shouldn't be bad at all. What does this tell us? I must say I am looking for penile implantation and I find this to be a very attractive option. Frankly, I'm very scared about the possibility of a revision and the very long period of recovery that follows an IPP procedure.

Please share your opinions!

Paper:
https://www.pagepressjournals.org/index ... 3.138/1400

Tactra Infographic:
https://www.bostonscientific.com/conten ... %20v7a.pdf
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.
11/2022 Titan 24+2. Infected from Revision.
01/2023 Tactra 23 13mm. Salvage.
08/2023 Titan 20+3. Infected (3 weeks in)
08/2023 Scheduled Tactra Salvage.

tomas1

Re: Axial penile rigidity and it's correlation to patient and partner satisfaction

Postby tomas1 » Sun May 24, 2020 1:16 pm

I guess if you can live with a perpetual hardon go for it.
I don't work, but I couldn't handle that.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

ben3199

Re: Axial penile rigidity and it's correlation to patient and partner satisfaction

Postby ben3199 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:00 pm

This is why tactra so hard to conceal maybe..

It is not concealing. I believe agfa13 had tactra before. He was very unhappy with the concealment.

Return to “Implants”