Non USA Doctor

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oldbeek

Re: Non USA Doctor

Postby oldbeek » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Implant#2 wrote:
young_and_impotent wrote:Did your revision fail?

Yes, my revision did fail. So sad about it.
What brand implant are these? There should be warrantees on them. 4 months? what does Kramers office say about the last failure?
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Charlie2019

Postby Charlie2019 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:42 pm

Implant#2 wrote:I am looking into going to a non-US doctor to get a revision done on my implant. Is there any suggestions of great Urologist doctors to do this procedure which is outside the USA.

Anyone have their implant or revision done outside the United States?

I am Canadian. Dr. Gerald Brock is a FANTASTIC surgeon from London, Ontario (just west of Toronto). He is an international professor of urology surgery, has been published 225 times, has won over 20 awards. He was the President of the Canadian Urology Association until the end of term limits (4 years I think). This guy is fantastic. He is very busy and doesn't really have time to play 1000 questions during your appointment but if you do your homework have a few important questions and email him the rest (he answers quickly). https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/urology/peo ... erald.html

Good luck
53 years old. 3 botched circumcisions starting at 3 years old. 2 botched reconstructive attempts, finally got the AMS LGX on Dec 14, 2017 in London Ontario by Dr. Gerry Brock. Great Dr. Love my implant

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:40 pm

Charlie2019 wrote:
Implant#2 wrote:I am looking into going to a non-US doctor to get a revision done on my implant. Is there any suggestions of great Urologist doctors to do this procedure which is outside the USA.

I am Canadian. Dr. Gerald Brock is a FANTASTIC surgeon from London, Ontario (just west of Toronto). He is an international professor of urology surgery, has been published 225 times, has won over 20 awards. He was the President of the Canadian Urology Association until the end of term limits (4 years I think). This guy is fantastic. He is very busy and doesn't really have time to play 1000 questions during your appointment but if you do your homework have a few important questions and email him the rest (he answers quickly). https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/urology/peo ... erald.html

Good luck

Just curious, does Dr. Brock work at a private hospital, so do patient need to go the socialized Canadian Health system?

Charlie2019

Postby Charlie2019 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:18 pm

medhatg wrote:
Charlie2019 wrote:

Good luck

Just curious, does Dr. Brock work at a private hospital, so do patient need to go the socialized Canadian Health system?

He works at one of the public hospitals in London, Ontario
53 years old. 3 botched circumcisions starting at 3 years old. 2 botched reconstructive attempts, finally got the AMS LGX on Dec 14, 2017 in London Ontario by Dr. Gerry Brock. Great Dr. Love my implant

Return to “Implants”