PSA Level Up...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NJ Fred

Re: PSA Level Up...

Postby NJ Fred » Tue May 05, 2020 7:43 am

Gentlemen,

The information and encouragement you have all supplied is extraordinary. The biopsy is schedule for this Wed., May 13th. The anxiousness of waiting for the result will be vexing; but that's the route of travel.

Given I am in my early seventies, diabetic and take blood pressure meds - plus prescription strength Nexium (40mg) - one might say I am a disaster area of sorts. But I don't feel that way. These are the cards I was dealt. These are the cards I will play. Hell, I made it back from Vietnam, survived my role in the 9/11 rescue (non-malignant thymoma removed) and made it through an implant. Nothing special - just a regular guy like all of you.

If I have options, my inner self is looking at radiation. If that is not a viable course, it will be robotic surgery. And, yes, I will get a second opinion from my wife's oncologist who has already agreed to give it. Such, I believe, is the logical way to go.

Meanwhile, I wish all of your Godspeed as we continue to battle COVID-19 - - and now the upcoming invasion of hornets. Why do I feel like we are trapped inside a science fiction movie (and this aint fiction!)???

Stay well, gents.

Fred
72 y/o, married 36 yrs to a lady with the patience of a Saint. Diabetic, high blood pressure - I'm a wreck! AMS 700 via Dr. Edward Becker, Palm Beach Urology, Wellington ,FL on 1/29/20.

Crtrader

Postby Crtrader » Wed May 06, 2020 8:00 am

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 3.5 years ago. Gleason 7 PSA 45. Had 90 radiation treatments but the ADT drugs were HORRIBLE. It is chemical castration and leaves you no longer a man. After 3 years I refused to take any more.

Crtrader

Postby Crtrader » Wed May 06, 2020 8:14 am

If you need treatment avoid the ADT. Whatever treatment you get it WILL leave you impudent! Also the robotic davinci sounds great and sexy, but is not any better than a good surgeon operating traditionally.Even the nerve sparing surgery or radiation. I got an implant and thank god for it every day. Also use a VED every day during treatment. Nobody ever told me about that.

GOLD HORSE

PSA

Postby GOLD HORSE » Wed May 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Hi guys, I read one post about elevated PSA after implant.
I am a prostate cancer survival I had my fight in 2004 thanks God my PSA had been undetectable.
There is not way to have a elevated PSA after implant surgery.
If I have a Gleason 3+3 I would not do surgery or radiation, if any one of you guy need some advice you can e-mail me.
Good luck, I have a big Prostate cancer family and now I have a big BIONIC DICK FAMILY. :lol:

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed May 06, 2020 3:36 pm

With my Gleason 3+3, I'll continue watching the progress.
I had a cousin who survived going into Normandy on D-Day in a glider.
Prostate cancer killed him awhile back.
If my next biopsy(s) go too high, I'll do the radiation.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”