Sizing pre op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NSH4691

Sizing pre op

Postby NSH4691 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:36 am

Can anyone tell me the procedure for measuring the size of you’re potential implant? Some information online has suggested that a penis is stretched in its flaccid state to determine the size however other info elsewhere has suggested the penis is injected to produce an artificial erection to determine size? Can anyone clear this up for me?

Cheers
Last edited by NSH4691 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

vajim1

Re: Sizing pre op

Postby vajim1 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:00 am

It depends on the doctor, some stretch and measure others inject presrugery at the office and some like my doctor just started at the base of my penis with both hands and massaged it towards the glans. When he was done he said I was a perfect candidate for a Titan.
At surgery he injected me and then measured from inside as all doctors do.
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:04 am

NSH4691 wrote:Can anyone tell me the procedure for measuring the size of you’re potential implant? Some information online has suggested that a penis is stretched in its flaccid state to determine the size however other info elsewhere has suggested the penis is injected to produce an artificial erection to determine size? Can anyone clear this up for me?

Cheers

When I asked my first potential IPP doctor to inject me to see what size, he walked out of the room. Most doctors do not speculate beforehand. I had my tag team surgeons both do a flaccid stretch during my exam. They both grabbed my glans and pulled. :roll: But both pulled less than I did at home. About 1/8" to 3/8" short.
If you are serious just get an unsharpened pencil push the erasure tight into your pubic bone and stretch like hail. Then mark the pencil at your best and pull a tape on the pencil. Keep in mind that even the best flaccid stretch will be shorter than a really firm erection. Also expect that your doctor will make you about 1/2 inch shorter that your measurement. :shock: If not that's a bonus! :P
Keep in mind that what you will get is a gift that just keeps on giving no matter what size it will be more than enough.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:55 am

My surgeon stretched me out hard, then said that's about how long you'll be after the implant.
In the surgery room? Not sure if they measure again, inject prior to beginning or just size by eye? I do know there are many sizes of implants made. If you check out one of the videos online of the surgery you'll see that most of the male's penises seem quite big. Not sure if that is caused by the insertion of the catheter or an injection.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:11 pm

I guess I've said this a hundred times, but my surgeon never did a stretch test, never injected me prior to surgery and never asked what I thought my size was. Gee whiz, everything turned out perfectly.

I think all the stretching is BS.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:12 pm

NSH4691 wrote:Can anyone tell me the procedure for measuring the size of you’re potential implant? Some information online has suggested that a penis is stretched in its flaccid state to determine the size however other info elsewhere has suggested the penis is injected to produce an artificial erection to determine size? Can anyone clear this up for me?

Cheers

Old Guy wrote:My surgeon stretched me out hard, then said that's about how long you'll be after the implant.
In the surgery room? Not sure if they measure again, inject prior to beginning or just size by eye? I do know there are many sizes of implants made. If you check out one of the videos online of the surgery you'll see that most of the male's penises seem quite big. Not sure if that is caused by the insertion of the catheter or an injection.

Any measurements before the actual operation are estimates. Some better than others, but the gold standard is to measure the inside space of your penis.

During the operation, sizing by eye is not necessary. Sizing by feel. A measuring tool in inserted inside the penis corpus cavernosum and the distance from the corporaotomy incision is measured proximally (into your pelvic crus) and then from the incision to the distal end of your corpus cavernosum. In lay terms, the surgeon sticks a ruler into your penis and measures how long the inside of it is. Quite energetically. One might describe it as ramming the measuring tool into your penis. Watch one of the many videos of the operation on-line.

Then the two measurements are added together, and that should be the size of your implant.

You wouldn't buy a pair of shoes without measuring your foot. A decent surgeon won't open an implant's packaging without measuring the space wherein it is to be placed.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:29 pm

tomas1 wrote:I guess I've said this a hundred times, but my surgeon never did a stretch test, never injected me prior to surgery and never asked what I thought my size was. Gee whiz, everything turned out perfectly.

Same for me.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:28 pm

I was some what allergic to trimix. When using trimix, it hurt like hell. I could feel the pain down into my cruses. So I measured it before seeing the IP surgeon. It was 6 inch outside and 3 inch inside. The surgeon never looked at it. just said I would have it all back after the IP and after some cycling. got it all back.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”