If you're sore after an Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Old Guy

If you're sore after an Implant

Postby Old Guy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:19 pm

From reading different posts here at Frank Talk it seems that around 3% of men will have lots of soreness and pain following an implant procedure. I happened to fall in that 3% range unfortunately. Just for some history, I have always had issues taking medications, most make me nauseated. Tylenol, Motrin, etc. do nothing for me. Anti-biotics will give me rashes, body aches and just a plain yuck feeling.

Anyway during my healing months here are a couple of things I used to ease pain and soreness. Hopefully this will help those that happen to fall in that 3% range like me.

Hot Baths- This is pretty much a given, and many doctors will advise them after the incision is healed. A 30 minute hot bath twice a day will feel good and ease a lot of the pain. I took a hot bath every morning for a long time, even at five plus months out I still take one every other day or so. While relaxed in a bath is also a good time to work on inflation and deflation (cycling) of the device.

Socks- During the first month when I was left inflated to about 60% my penis was so tender it felt like the skin had been rubbed raw with sandpaper. I took some old white tube socks and cut off the top elastic part, turned the foot/toe part inside out and doubled it over itself. That left a nice soft tube to slide over my penis. While inflated the sock would stay on pretty good in my underwear. After doc deflated me it would slip off.

Kids Socks- When the tube socks didn’t work anymore I swiped some of our grandkids old socks. The size was perfect, the elastic strong enough to hold it in place. However I did have one pair that had tighter elastic and would hurt after a while.

Aspercreme- For a few months my penis felt like it was sunburned. My uneducated guess is a reaction to the anti-biotic that is impregnated on the device itself. After my daily hot bath I would rub just a small dab of Aspercreme on my shaft and anywhere else that was sore. This was a real game changer for me, all day long I would feel good and could do most anything without that burning sensation. The only drawback is you have to wash it off before sex.

Satin Boxers- Sleeping in cotton boxer briefs made me hurt because they would bunch up around my penis when I turned over. I ordered some satin boxers and began wearing those at night. They are roomier and let my penis slide around wherever.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

proctor

Re: If you're sore after an Implant

Postby proctor » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:57 am

good piece of advice. thanks
Rigicon Infla 10 AX , 18 Cm, 2 RTE, 110 ml. Dr Andrew Kramer

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:10 pm

Good, useful post. The best part of FT is the brothers trying to help one another out.
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:42 am

Old Guy wrote:Kids Socks- When the tube socks didn’t work anymore I swiped some of our grandkids old socks. The size was perfect, the elastic strong enough to hold it in place. However I did have one pair that had tighter elastic and would hurt after a while.

This part made me lol because it's...like, if you tried to explain this to the average joe on the street, I think you'd get arrested, haha.

I'm still probably going to be ordering some, because my dick does NOT like the feeling of elastic or cotton pressing against it right now.
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:41 am

hopeful_future wrote:
Old Guy wrote:Kids Socks- When the tube socks didn’t work anymore I swiped some of our grandkids old socks. The size was perfect, the elastic strong enough to hold it in place. However I did have one pair that had tighter elastic and would hurt after a while.

This part made me lol because it's...like, if you tried to explain this to the average joe on the street, I think you'd get arrested, haha.

I'm still probably going to be ordering some, because my dick does NOT like the feeling of elastic or cotton pressing against it right now.

Yea it sounds funny to anyone who hasn't had this implant done. Since your surgery wasn't too long ago hope you find this tip helpful!
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:27 pm

Old Guy wrote:Yea it sounds funny to anyone who hasn't had this implant done. Since your surgery wasn't too long ago hope you find this tip helpful!

Aspercreme is showing up today, and I'll probably be ordering some socks as well, haha. Definitely useful information, thank you for sharing!
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

Return to “Implants”