Questions on the warranty on the AMS implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wolfcreek

Re: Questions on the warranty on the AMS implant

Postby wolfcreek » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:28 am

They gave me a free replacement for my failed implant (the left cylinder blew out in the crease/fold after just about 4.5 year). But I had to pay about $8,000 to the surgeon who replaced it...

Jamie7891

Postby Jamie7891 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:38 am

I had an AMS 700 LgX for approximately 18months the tubes leading into pump has split cause an instant leak

Showed my surgeon which he reassured me straight away it covered under warranty no need to stress

He Got In contact with head of ams for AUS/NZ director regards to the issue

Also didn’t have health insurance at the time and the surgeon waived all cost and liaising with ams about the hospital stay costs
In which I paid $0 out of pocket for entire revision

This was in Australia if that makes any difference
31 year old :D tried pills for 5years
Trimix too painful and not spontaneous

Was implanted by dr katelaris on 13/8/18 in Sydney Adventist Hospital
With AMS 700 LGX 21cm & 3cm RTE
Revision failed pump
Dr katelaris on 23/3/2020

WheezeTheJuice

Postby WheezeTheJuice » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:21 am

Jamie7891 wrote:This was in Australia if that makes any difference

Hahaha, that sure as hell wont happen in Good Ol' US of A. No health insurance, you pay.
No Wheezin' The Juice!!!

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:44 pm

wolfcreek wrote:They gave me a free replacement for my failed implant (the left cylinder blew out in the crease/fold after just about 4.5 year). But I had to pay about $8,000 to the surgeon who replaced it...

wolfcreek, brother, this is exactly what happened to me, the left cylinder at the crease/fold.

8k is really a good deal. Just curious, who was your surgeon?

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:51 am

A surgeon here in Seoul, Korea did it for me (I work here in Seoul).

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:58 pm

My titan quit working after hernia surgery. That would probably not be a warranty issue I would guess.

New doc just replaced titan with ams. Insurance covered. Not sure if you have insurance it will matter. I was covered for first implant. It quit working. Covered removal and replacement even with different brand.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:06 am

Just to close this thread and give credit to AMS representative. AMS provided directly a replacement implant as they exchanged the failed LGX with a CX following the surgeon's prescribed direction. Initially, they wanted me to pay for the implant and reimburse me after inspecting the failed implant, but after I talkedto Boston Scientific/AMS representative, they agreed to provide the replacement without pre-payment. Of course, I had to pay for the surgeon and the hospital, but at least the implant itself was covered.

Return to “Implants”