Young member

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Andrew96

Young member

Postby Andrew96 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:58 am

hi, I am 20 years old and I Havel venous leak, I was interested in implanting an ams cx, only given my age I am afraid of having to change it many times. on average how many years does the prosthesis last? also, what will the circumference be? currently in erection my penis has a circumference of 13 cm. Sorry for my english

tomas1

Re: Young member

Postby tomas1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:49 pm

It's got to be tough needing an implant at such a young age, but you aren't alone according to some posters here.
Just wondering why you want the CX?

I have it and would have rather had the LGX due to a kink.
All in all, I can't complain though.

My girth with the CX is right at 13cm

It seems like implants usually last from 10 to 15 years.
Obviously over use might lessen that time.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Andrew96

Postby Andrew96 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:04 pm

I chose the cx because I consider the lgx more fragile.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Andrew,
As was already mentioned, an implant can last 10-15 years, according to AMS and man doctors. There are cases where they do not last long and need to be replaced. I developed a Venous Leak at age 30. I went to doctor after doctor for 30 years and finally I found one who had me go for the test to see if I had a VL I did. Up until then the other doctors all thought it was in my head or prescribed pills I had already tried and they were not effective. I spent half of my life being sexually frustrated. I know you have to consider needing to replace an implant at some point in the future, but you have to also consider whether you are willing to put your sex life on hold for years to delay needing a replacement. If I had known about the VL immediately at age 30, I would have gone ahead with an implant and had a meaningful sex life during all of those years my wife and I had to make do with my ED. I wish you all the best.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Andrew96

Postby Andrew96 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:15 pm

which implant lasts more years between ams and coloplast?

Andrew96

Postby Andrew96 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:56 pm

I am undecided whether to do the implant. the duration scares me, and having to change it after less than 5 years

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:17 pm

Ditto what Greg1956 wrote.
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:19 pm

Andrew96 wrote:I am undecided whether to do the implant. the duration scares me, and having to change it after less than 5 years

Life is too short to miss the joys of sex and too long to endure its absence.

If an implant is the only treatment that will work, 5 weeks of recovery vs 5 years of good sex...you decide if the trade-off is worth it. Besides, the expected service life of an implant is actually longer than 5 years.

Consider also what else you could do with 25-30 thousand dollars. A nice sports car will set you back at least that amount and will have a service life about the same as an implant. And the car would not be covered by medical insurance.

Which would you rather park in some lovely lady's "garage"?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Andrew,

Go see a urologist that performs the implants and talk with him regarding your problem. He will also recommend what you need. Size and all the variations of implants right now doesn't matter. With your age and your medical necessity, insurance may pay for it.

Good luck to you and may you get back with your life.

Mark
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Andrew96 wrote:hi, I am 20 years old and I Havel venous leak, I was interested in implanting an ams cx, only given my age I am afraid of having to change it many times. on average how many years does the prosthesis last? also, what will the circumference be? currently in erection my penis has a circumference of 13 cm. Sorry for my english

Maybe it might help to look at an implant from a different side. First point is yes you are young. An implant is a forever decision. The best advice is to use all of the medical fixes that you can before an implant. That means regular visits to a compentent doctor & following his advice as best you can. Normally pills are the first treatment. Followed by suppositories or shots. Many men will use Ved's. There is a separate section for them that are reached by selecting that option on the home page.
Once those treatments fail or stop working then you should discuss an implant with your doctor. At that time you should tell us what country that you live in. There is a good chance that a member here knows of a doctor in your home country. This way you will know a little about the doctor before you see him.
As for changing a worn out implant. Think differently. You might already have a worn out penis. How much sex did it provide you? In the vast majority of members. Their implant provide plenty of sex before needing replacement. Decide where you are now against where you want to be tomorrow. Good luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”