Extending the life of my AMS implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: Extending the life of my AMS implant?

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:57 pm

Some rambling thoughts. Use it as if it is a normal penis. If you pass on an encounter because you're trying to save your implant, don't. Once a chance passes you can't go back in time to get it. I don't have any specific information but I'm fairly certain that insurance companies look at a replacement differently than the first installation. A replacement has fewer hoops to jump through in my thinking. Maybe a better way to say it is like a new car. To let it sit & not use it is kind of foolish. It ages & deteriorates just sitting in the garage. No need to abuse the car or the implant. But merely use them as they are designed to be used.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

WindWizard

Postby WindWizard » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:13 am

Greg1956 wrote:I guess since we don't have the scientific data you are really looking for the best advice I can offer is this.

1. My wife and I get full enjoyment from sex with the implant pumped to about 75-80% of maximum inflation. We do this because it is the most comfortable for both of us, but it also means fewer pumps which equals less wear on the pump.

2. I can masturbate to orgasm without any inflation, but get more enjoyment from it with at least 5 pumps. Again, the less you are using the pump and squeezing the fluid from your cylinders, the longer it SHOULD last.

Thank you very much Greg!

I hadn't thought about minimally pumping when masturbating or using less pumps during sex, but your reasoning seems sound, it should contribute to an overall longer implant lifetime.

Thanks for this advice! I'll apply it!
20 years old. Severe ED for the past 5 years due to scar tissue.
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:27 pm

You are very welcome
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “Implants”