Any surgeons doing PPI during the Corona situation?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
medhatg

Re: Any surgeons doing PPI during the Corona situation?

Postby medhatg » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:43 pm

guyinthedarkness wrote:I really understand the reasons of cancelling a lot of appointments but for me and a lot of other people here it's frustrating situation. I have pain while getting erections and my penile scarring gets worse by time which can be crucial for the procedure of the implant and the size of it.

The only reason to cancel is to preserve PPE's (personal protective equipment) such as masks, etc. Most hospitals now are running way below capacity and the surgeons are sitting on their hands doing nothing.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:04 am

guyinthedarkness wrote:I really understand the reasons of cancelling a lot of appointments but for me and a lot of other people here it's frustrating situation. I have pain while getting erections and my penile scarring gets worse by time which can be crucial for the procedure of the implant and the size of it.

What I have to say won't cheer you up. But I've learned a few things about the medical profession the hard way.
#1. Pain, especially early in a condition is not a priority. If it is so severe that they can't examine you then you might get some relief. I laid on an examine table having a bad gall bladder attack for around 8 hours. Best I got was a Demerol drip IV. Still hurt but I didn't care. All because they don't want to "mask" the symptoms.
#2. Penis size. Get used to the idea that most of the doctors that you will ever see for your ED. Think any penis that gets hard enough for intercourse is perfectly fine. Size is not part of the problem they are trying to fix. I personally think this attitude is why it is so important to find a surgeon that understands your desire for your old length back.
I really do understand your feelings. I feel bad for you, but this is the system that has been set up for us. Good or bad, it's just the way it works. I wish you the best of luck. Try calling the office once a week to catch when they change the message. Get in line quick, they'll fill up fast. Don't lose hope.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:57 am

Over 2 weeks ago I had the last surgery before they put a hold on surgeries. Today it would not happen.

In a lot of areas, hospitals are laying off or furloughing due to having no patients or very few. My wife works in the medical field. She barely is working any hours now. About 1 day a week.

This really is a cluster. What is sad also is my relatives working in nursing homes and hospitals report having their supplies disappearing overnight. Sad you have to have someone monitor them.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”