Implant failed after 2.5 years. How much Dr. Kramer or Dr. Eid charge for a revision?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
medhatg

Implant failed after 2.5 years. How much Dr. Kramer or Dr. Eid charge for a revision?

Postby medhatg » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:10 am

Dear Brothers,

After just 2.5 years of fun, my implant failed today.
I'm thinking of biting the bullet and go to Dr. Eid or Dr. Kramer and get it done.
Any idea how much do they charge for a revision (all inclusive/out of pocket)?

Thanks
Matt

GOLD HORSE

Re: Implant failed after 2.5 years. How much Dr. Kramer or Dr. Eid charge for a revision?

Postby GOLD HORSE » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:50 am

I had my implant on 1/7/20.I wonder if there is guarantee of a lest five years.
good luck to you. :?

medhatg

Re: Implant failed after 2.5 years. How much Dr. Kramer or Dr. Eid charge for a revision?

Postby medhatg » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:59 am

GOLD HORSE wrote:I had my implant on 1/7/20.I wonder if there is guarantee of a lest five years.
good luck to you. :?

Of course no guarantee, but I had the blast of my life and I would not regret it for a second. I look forward to a revision and going back into the game. It is a life-changing experience.

NeedleD

Postby NeedleD » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am

medhatg wrote:Dear Brothers,

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and go to Dr. Eid or Dr. Kramer and get it done.

Thanks
Matt

Why don't you just email them? I'm sure they have some time on their hands while elective surgeries are on hold.
Use Super Quadmix due to severe Venous leak.Have a GREAT DAY!

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:17 am

Thanks
Matt

Matt,
Do you have an LGX or a Titan? Eid is Titan exclusive and Kramer prefers AMS. I assume that your insurance is covering most of your cost? NY is more expensive than Baltimore as far as hotel and etc. I figured 6K for NY and 3K for Baltimore. Eid requires 6 days in a hotel. Kramer lets you go the next day if you drive and 3 days if flying.
Come to Brevard county Fl fly into Melbourne. Dr Licht will do just as good as Eid or Kramer and it's much cheaper for hotels and etc here. PM me and I'll give you his data. goetenrob used him and had graet length and zero bruising. He just did my hybrid turp no pain and now I pee freely. Great surgeon.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:28 am

DougAnd wrote:

Thanks
Matt

Matt,
Do you have an LGX or a Titan? Eid is Titan exclusive and Kramer prefers AMS. I assume that your insurance is covering most of your cost? NY is more expensive than Baltimore as far as hotel and etc. I figured 6K for NY and 3K for Baltimore. Eid requires 6 days in a hotel. Kramer lets you go the next day if you drive and 3 days if flying.
Come to Brevard county Fl fly into Melbourne. Dr Licht will do just as good as Eid or Kramer and it's much cheaper for hotels and etc here. PM me and I'll give you his data. goetenrob used him and had graet length and zero bruising. He just did my hybrid turp no pain and now I pee freely. Great surgeon.

Doug, you got a PM brother. Thank you

indusvalley

Postby indusvalley » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:08 pm

Please mention if you have AMS LGX or Coloplast Titan that failed?
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:27 pm

DougAnd wrote:Eid is Titan exclusive and Kramer prefers AMS.

For sure?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:46 pm

indusvalley wrote:Please mention if you have AMS LGX or Coloplast Titan that failed?

AMS failed. The left tube just ruptured like a little balloon. Very disappointing.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:13 pm

medhatg wrote:
indusvalley wrote:Please mention if you have AMS LGX or Coloplast Titan that failed?

AMS failed. The left tube just ruptured like a little balloon. Very disappointing.

AMS tubes are made of a non-stretchy cloth (very much like the trade name Dacron) coated with organically inert (medical-grade) silicone. The weave of the CX or the LGX makes a difference in the ability of the LGX to lengthen between inflated and deflated. So, I have two questions of importance to me.

Where along the length of the tube did the rupture occur? Was it near the joining of the hard tip (distal end), near the hard rear tip (proximal end) or somewhere in the center section (the actual inflating portion)? Creasing where the flexible/inflatable tube joins the hard plastic might have a different cause of failure than creasing in just the flexible part.

Was your an LGX or a CX or a different model (like the Ultrex)?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”