Maximum pumps

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RayChez

Re: Maximum pumps

Postby RayChez » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:41 am

This is for tbonegas: If you are pumping sixty times there is something wrong with either the pump or you have a leak in the tubing or something else, but you should not have to pump much more then in the twenties. You never stated how big you are, but I know being around 7.5 it only takes me 24 pumps to get rock hard. But I really do not like to have sex with a rock hard penis anyways. About twenty feels really normal to me then rock hard.
But what you posted that you were still pumping at sixty and more, there is definitely something wrong somewhere in the system.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

tbonegas

Postby tbonegas » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:45 am

Hi Raychez. My penis gets rock hard after about 25-30 pumps. And never goes down until I deflate. So there can't be much wrong with the equipment.
My main query was, that my bulb never becomes too hard to press. I was wondering if it should.
ED since 2010/RP 2016, tried all pills, injections and VED.nothing worked.Implanted 2018, implant removed short while after.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:36 am

That is why I say you have a problem. Once you transfer the saline from the reservoir to the cylinders and there is no more room to pump anymore saline, the bulb should get rock hard. It is just common sense.

tbonegas

Postby tbonegas » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:06 pm

RayChez wrote:That is why I say you have a problem. Once you transfer the saline from the reservoir to the cylinders and there is no more room to pump anymore saline, the bulb should get rock hard. It is just common sense.

Surely if there was a problem, my cylinders would either not get hard or deflate after inflation? None of these are evident.
My initial query was aimed at why I have never got to the stage where the bulb goes hard.
I am still curious as to why this has not happened.
I have no problem with the way in which my implant is functioning.
It works to complete satisfaction.
I have had this implant for nearly 12 months. If I have a leak, where is the fluid leaking to?
ED since 2010/RP 2016, tried all pills, injections and VED.nothing worked.Implanted 2018, implant removed short while after.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:53 pm

RayChez wrote:That is why I say you have a problem. Once you transfer the saline from the reservoir to the cylinders and there is no more room to pump anymore saline, the bulb should get rock hard. It is just common sense.

I respectfully disagree - on a few points, mostly having to do with one definition in particular.

How do you define "rock hard"?

Every mechanical system has a degree of elasticity. Even concrete or granite has that. A pump bulb is flexible, thus has a little bit of ability to take a dent. The living tissue between your fingers and the pump bulb may contribute to the feeling of flexing by itself compressing a little. The valving inside the pump mechanism can have some back-flow. The existence of a relief valve would certainly make sense of the descriptions here.

The fact that the OP can cycle multiple times and the cycling remains the same over and over again proves that he is in a steady state, so very likely that nothing is amiss. At least nothing to worry about.

At least, that is my sense of it.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:41 pm

Lost sheep, I have had three implants and I know for a fact that once you fill those cylinders IF you keep on forcing to get more into them, something is going to blow. It is like a balloon and you can only put so much air into them, in the case of the implant it is saline, salt water. It would be dumb to press the ball anymore.
You are looking for a coupling to come apart, or blow a hole on the cylinders. My cylinders are 18CM with 3 rte's. I have a full erection with 24 full squeezes of the bulb. It gives me a 7.5 length

tbonegas

Postby tbonegas » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:52 am

RayChez wrote:Lost sheep, I have had three implants and I know for a fact that once you fill those cylinders IF you keep on forcing to get more into them, something is going to blow. It is like a balloon and you can only put so much air into them, in the case of the implant it is saline, salt water. It would be dumb to press the ball anymore.
You are looking for a coupling to come apart, or blow a hole on the cylinders. My cylinders are 18CM with 3 rte's. I have a full erection with 24 full squeezes of the bulb. It gives me a 7.5 length

Raychez, as you are clearly an expert.
Can you please explain?
1):If there is something wrong with my implant,wthy does it work satisfaorily.
2):I f there is a leak. What is leaking, and where is this leakage going to.
3):If my cylinders are blown, surely they wouldn't inflate.
Just asking.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:53 pm

I believe what you have is a check valve that is leaking through. If you have been doing this for a year, you would have been out of saline already, but since it is most likely the valve not sealing right the saline just keeps going in circles. You can get enough fluid to sustain an erection for a while, but eventually it would go down. It is a small leak. But not sure how big your cylinders are, but lets say they are 18 cm, you should fill those with the most 24 to 26 full pumps, then IF you keep on putting a lot of pressure, you are taking a chance of blowing up a cylinder or have a line get disconnected at the coupling. I would call the manufacture of your implant and talk to their experts and you will find out for yourself. But to pump over sixty, man you would have to have an eighteen inch shalong in order to fill it up. :lol:

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:46 pm

RayChez wrote:Lost sheep, I have had three implants and I know for a fact that once you fill those cylinders IF you keep on forcing to get more into them, something is going to blow. It is like a balloon and you can only put so much air into them, in the case of the implant it is saline, salt water. It would be dumb to press the ball anymore.
Perhaps. If there is a pressure relief valve that allows excessive pumps to flow back to the reservoir, there would be little danger of a blowout.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:53 pm

tbonegas wrote:2):I f there is a leak. What is leaking, and where is this leakage going to.

If your valve leaks, the fluid may just be going back into the reservoir (as RayChez suggested in his post of Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:53 am.) If the fluid were to leak OUT of the closed system, your implants would eventually not inflate any more and your squeezing of the pump bulb would eventually leave the bulb flat since there would be no saline to re-fill it. Unless of course, leakage of your own bodily fluids (most likely blood) got into the system. Eventually, the blood would congeal and nothing would flow anywhere and your implant would remain in whatever state it was most recently and not be able to change up or down from that state. That last eventuality is highly unlikely, though.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”