I have a question for guys that were growers and not showers that are now showers

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LknRon

I have a question for guys that were growers and not showers that are now showers

Postby LknRon » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:00 pm

I have a question for guys that were growers and not showier that are now showier.

I do not want to purchase a whole new wardrobe. However even with tight underwear I'm showing a ton of my penis in everything I wear. So I have been wearing untuckit shirts and long t-shirts, but this limits my clothing. Besides wearing a jockstrap everyday do you have any suggestions. I DO LIKE THE SHOWING THOUGH. LOL
52 Years Old
22 cm + 1cm Rear Tips Coloplast Titan with Legacy Pump
Dr.Andrew Kramer Implanted March 5, 2020.
"Penis by Kramer"
https://youtu.be/mde-z8RCkss

Lost Sheep

Re: I have a question for guys that were growers and not showers that are now showers

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:24 pm

Over time, your Coloplast will "break in" and your penis will hang more naturally. Probably never as loose as it would if you were a "shower" from birth and without an implant. But this is your new normal and you will become accustomed to it.

In another thread, a member did post the observation that "Men have dicks. Everyone knows it.." he went on... If there is a bulge, it merely is anatomically correct, thus political correctness mandates the general population ignore it. So, your bulge very likely disturbs you much more than it does anyone else.

There are a number of threads suggesting various brands of underwear for the implanted. David Archy gets a lot of mentions. That's the only one I can recall at the moment. As for me, I always wore briefs and my penis pointing up. As a "grower" I did not have enough length to point down :D . My new flaccid is about 4.5" and partly inflated is just short of 6". (Partly inflated is full size, but flexible for stowage.) Anyhow, I still wear my penis pointed up any time I am clothed. (I like the idea that it will be "trained" to point up for sex.)

As the owner of an AMS LGX my advice to a Coloplast owner is limited, but in the concealed firearm-carrying community there is this advice: "Dress around the gun." This avoids "printing" the outline of the holster. So, dress around your penis. A new wardrobe will come into your closet through attrition of your current clothes and in the meantime, specialized underwear, compression underwear (more comfortable than you might think) and even women's control garments have provided solutions to some members here.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oldbeek

Re: I have a question for guys that were growers and not showers that are now showers

Postby oldbeek » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:58 pm

I have PC. Dribble and have to wear a light pad. David Archy conceals nothing. Soft and stretchy. I use the bikini briefs. They contain the pad and penis nicely. With all this in my pants it makes a statement. This guy has a dick. Live with it and don't stare please.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Hounds68

Postby Hounds68 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:54 pm

I too am a shower, not a grower. I have the AMS LGX and so far, the flaccid looks allot like I am partially erect! Hard to get use to, but, that is the reality, now. One person said that we have dicks, we bulge, so, let the world adjust. I wear the King Style Balls in One Erector Briefs and man they are awesome. It keeps the Main Man up, trained for the total erection, and somewhat avoids the bulge. Another chat person said that we are carrying around heavier balls and dick and certainly packing that package into any pair of briefs or jock is going to require some getting use to. Hope you have gotten other good answers to a good question.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:56 pm

I am in a unique position because I was quite well hung and then following Prostatectomy surgery and the onset of Peyronies Disease I ended up with a very small size. When I had a larger than average size for most of my life I did not intentionally look for clothes to show it off, but I did not go out of my way to conceal it either. I have to say it was easier to hide my natural penis even though it is the same size again now with my implant.

Following my Prostate Cancer and surgery my penis was often fully retracted. That still astounds me for a guy who had 5.5" flaccid. In jeans or slacks there was no bulge, but in thinner gym shorts or swimwear it simply created an obvious bump.

Now with the implant it is not quite as flexible as it had been previously. Although I think it hangs nicely, it does push out against my clothing more than it did previously. I wear all type of underwear and also freeball. It all depends on what I am wearing. I may go commando with jeans, but wear briefs with slacks because they hold everything in place better. I swim laps and wear the typical lycra suits most swimmers wear. Previously I faced the same shrinkage issue most guys do, but now it is nearly 6" soft regardless of the temp or what I am doing or wearing. I have opted not to purchase some clothes I have tried on that I figure are too revealing for the masses, but I just have the philosophy that I am a man and there may be a bit of bulge sometimes. Women wear bras that push everything up and out and they don't face criticism. I think if more guys were less concerned about it, it would help the overall mentality. I am not talking about showing off or wearing fabrics that show whether you are cut or uncut, but just that it's apparent you have male equipment.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Bumble

Postby Bumble » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:57 pm

LknRon wrote:I have a question for guys that were growers and not showier that are now showier.

I do not want to purchase a whole new wardrobe. However even with tight underwear I'm showing a ton of my penis in everything I wear. So I have been wearing untuckit shirts and long t-shirts, but this limits my clothing. Besides wearing a jockstrap everyday do you have any suggestions. I DO LIKE THE SHOWING THOUGH. LOL

I, prior implant was a grower and now a shower. I didn't want to buy a new wardrobe either and my job has me infant of patients. The first few months after surgery i wore a jock strap and underwear but the further out from surgery I began to get more comfortable being around patients and friends without being self conscious about it. Meeting new people they just assume that this is who i am and my older friends have adjusted and when someone comments about it I tell them what I've had done.
After 50+years of not having anything to show unless i was hard. this is my new normal and i'm ok with it.
my recommendation is to try baggier clothes and become more comfortable with your new normal and those around you will be also. good luck
Bumble
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Pre ed I was always a shower. About 5.5 inches soft and 7 hard.

After 10 months with my titan i was 5.5 flaccid and 6.5 hard.

5 days into my lgx revision, i am noticeably smaller flaccid. Definitely smaller than the titan. Noticeably softer though so that is something. I am just hoping when I can pump I get back to my titan 6.5 inch length with these lgx cylinders.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Notgivingup

Postby Notgivingup » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:07 am

I was a grower before surgery. Now with my “shower” flaccid penis, I find I am more comfortable wearing jeans and chinos that have slighter more room in the crotch and have more stretch to them. I spend a lot of my work time teaching college students, which means I’m standing in front of a lot of females for one or two hours at a time. Even so, I still have more of a bulge than before, not a very large bulge though, but I have gotten used to it.
69 years old. Implanted 3 Dec 2019 by Dr. Andrew Kramer, Baltimore, AMS 700 LGX, 21 cm + 2 cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”