We need some success stories/positivity around here

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dg_moore

Re: We need some success stories/positivity around here

Postby dg_moore » Fri May 14, 2021 10:03 pm

For many men the implant journey does not have a happy ending, for a variety of reasons not necessarily related to the implant itself. For one example, see my signature.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sat May 15, 2021 3:05 am

dg_moore wrote:For many men the implant journey does not have a happy ending, for a variety of reasons not necessarily related to the implant itself. For one example, see my signature.

From what I know from my excellent surgeon, MOST MEN PLUS THEIR PARTNERS are extremely happy with their implants. Top surgeons like Eid will fully agree.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Sat May 15, 2021 7:53 am

TANGERINE wrote:you will need a surgeon who takes his time to place, route, and length-cut the tubes exactly right.

Tangerine I agree with everything you typed. I don’t know if Titan come in two versions, but the AMS comes with pre-connected and unconnected versions. The connected version, the tubes from the cylinders and pump are connected at the factory. I assume they would be less likely to leak, as opposed to the surgeon having to connect them during surgery. This could explain tubes being more noticeable with the AMS prosthesis.
I have included a photo of this from the AMS surgical manual.
8B0E5B5D-30C0-4FAD-AD71-3FDF8705ACAA.jpeg
8B0E5B5D-30C0-4FAD-AD71-3FDF8705ACAA.jpeg (171.09 KiB) Viewed 812 times

I have the pre-connected version and have very little tubing to be felt or seen.

With regards to the original poster, I am extremely happy with my prosthesis. And as I have said in many posts, if I had known about them earlier, I would have gotten one when I was 18, if I could have. Best medical decision of my life!
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:05 am

I agree that I wish more men who had great outcomes would stick around and give back. But the majority of men on this site are here for help as that is what the site is for. Thing is the men who do have a great recovery with no problems then have little advice for those that are having problems. So the men who have had at least some problems are really better able to help many of the men on this site. Other than getting the information out of the many really good doctors around the world for this the message that this is the best thing men with severe ED can do is just a repeated message. What I tend to see is that men with problems continue to work to get this perfect outcome when they have problems and more important is getting the word out of sub par doctors that are out there
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Quester

Postby Quester » Sat May 15, 2021 11:17 am

I’m approaching my 2nd “anniversary” of being implanted.

Like many I went from pills to injections to implant.

One thing I’m not is an an expert, I’m not even that good at expressing myself in writing. Partly due to being ADHD and sometimes my mind goes faster than my writing ability.

Since the question asks for success stories I’m one I had success using the VA medical system to get it done.

I had success as I didn’t lose any size I’ll qualify that if I measure with out stimulation my size is smaller than what I my natural erection is.

My wife says that I seem bigger than using injections, if not bigger definitely more confident which makes a big difference in that we not rushed in our love making.

Everything still works by that I mean the non corpora cavernosa tissues glans still gets engorged as does the Corpus spongiosum. I still get chubbies, so in my opinion my surgeon did a great job.

I also had minimal pain, again that I think was the skill of doctors as I don’t think my pain tolerance is much different than others.

I do expect sometime in the future the implant will need to be replaced. I plan on doing my best to wear my current one out.
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

Douglas.wayne

Postby Douglas.wayne » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:20 pm

I want to thank all the men who have taken the time to post om here. All of your comments have answered questions, relived fears and just made me fell confident I have made the best decision for me Iwill have my IPP installed 12/15/21 by Dr. Alex Tatum in Indianapolis. Tired of a limp weak dick ready to go bionic!!

62 ED 10 years venous leak Widowed

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:47 pm

I am very happy with my Coloplast implant which I've had for 2 1/2 years. 12 to 14 pumps and it's as hard as it's ever been. The other benefit is my flaccid size. I went from 1 inch turtle dick to 4 inches, I really love that. The only down side is the girth I lost from using Trimix for 12 yrs. I had a girth of 6.5+ inches, now I'm at about 5.5", still OK but I liked that hand full I had with the Trimix. I love to show and tell, if anyone is interested, PM me and we'll go from there with pictures or whatever.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Return to “Implants”