I think my Titan was installed backwards???

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Skier123

Re: I think my Titan was installed backwards???

Postby Skier123 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:15 pm

Hey Spirit - here's hoping your issues are easily fixable. Please let us know what Dr. Levine finds ...
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:39 pm

Have skimmed through this thread and if you are right, this must be one of the worst fuckups ever mentioned on this site. Or in the history of penile implants even.

Firstly, I am so sorry for you Spirit, and I hope you get this fixed without permanent damage.
Secondy, it is great to see a few guys here really doing all they can to give advice.

Thirdly, my little advice. I am not familiar with your american health care system and never needed to contact a lawyer in my whole life. So I cannot add anything to the advice given on the technical/administrative part of this.
What I would like to say though, is that in general when dealilng with people/companies who have fucked up and trying to get them to take responsibility - I think a good strategy is always to make them worried about things getting worse.
It is easy to deny responsibility, maybe as a "delay and see if the storm disappears" strategy. That strategy must not even be rationally chosen, but might just happen as a result of going into a defensive mode, denying fault. But that strategy will become much less attractive if they realize that by delaying this, their fuckup might cause even more damage. To you and to them. Which means that if they deal with this mess right now, the liability/risk/cost might be less than if they wait.

Translating this into your case - if you get them out of their denial/delay mentality by saying that "I am in pain which is getting worse by the day. Is there a risk that by keeping this wrongly installed implant in my dick, I get some permanent damage? Such as my urethra or my cavernosum? I am seriously scared this is going to permanently destroy my penis and cause unrepairable damage. If you don't have time to deal with this urgently, should I seek immediate medical help? Or do you think there is no danger/risk of this causing me any harm?"

That should make them worried that they increase their risk by not acting.

Good luck.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:04 pm

Easy steps to be in the right direction pretty quick:

-don't go back to your surgeon for a re-do
-get a lawyer, get your records and get advice on what to do
-contact Dr Kramer, and see what he has to say and if you can go there to his office, considering the corona virus at the moment
-if you can, he is the doctor to go to, when revisions are on the table. Again... THE DOCTOR. Forgot how many fuck ups from other doctors he fixed already. And that's just from patients coming to this board asking for help.

Stay strong man.... We're here for you if you need us!

Up4Real?

Postby Up4Real? » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:34 pm

For what it's worth, I have been seen by a urologisut for a penile implant consultation that came out of Dr. Levine's program. Even though I was referred to that urologist by 2 other urologist I still wanted more reassurance.
I made a totally "cold" call to Dr. Levine and had a very friendly and productive conversation. I felt he answered my question honestly and was empathetic to my concerns. I would be optimistic that your interaction with Dr. Levine will go well
All the best to you Spirit. You will be in my prayers.
1947-76YO Uncut Married 47 years to supportive wife. Serious ED at 65YO. Used pills, VED, rings, Muse, Increasing Trimix: discontinued with 85 units of 80/3/25 didn't work. Got peyronies. 22cm Coloplast Titan 11/18/20. Legacy pump.125ml reservoir. Pleased

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:12 am

thereishope wrote:Easy steps to be in the right direction pretty quick:

-contact Dr Kramer, and see what he has to say and if you can go there to his office, considering the corona virus at the moment
-if you can, he is the doctor to go to, when revisions are on the table. Again... THE DOCTOR. Forgot how many fuck ups from other doctors he fixed already. And that's just from patients coming to this board asking for help.

Another Kramer advertisement. I read many posts prior to searching out a implant surgeon. I found quite a few guys that had to go back to him for a repair, because he installed the pump to high and they could not reach the release button. If he is so (perfect) why the do overs?
Dr Levine is a teaching professor at Rush memorial University. I would bet he does as many or more than Kramer.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:49 am

Sprit
I too have skimmed through this thread. Im sorry for your problems. I find it very hard to believe that your implant was installed backwards, but probably not impossible. I have read most of the advice given and its all good. But unless I missed it there was one thing no one mentioned that would answer the question of being backwards. Have you gone to your family Dr and asked them? Ask them if they can have it x rayed too see? Yes it would cost you but you would know for sure and would give you a place to start on getting fixed. To me, that would be the easiest way to find out for sure. If it is backwards then you would have the proof you need to get it fixed. If not backwards, then you would know that the problem is elsewhere.
What ever you do, I wish you the best of luck and hope you can get it resolved soon.
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

GOLD HORSE

Postby GOLD HORSE » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:12 am

If you are right, I would in the DR office immediately.
good luck and let us know what happen. :?:

spirit

Postby spirit » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:49 am

thereishope wrote:Easy steps to be in the right direction pretty quick:

I originally was set up with flights and hotel for Kramer on September 24th. His office botched the insurance paperwork and I ended up here. I should have stuck it out. I will see what todays appointment brings.
58 YO, Married, T1 Diabetes, 5'10". 160. Stage-fright ED for years, did fine with pills, Penis Fracture in 2016 ended ALL erections. Used VED for 4 months prior to surgery. Implanted with 20cm Titan on 12/11/2019.

spirit

Postby spirit » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:54 am

I need a couple Bionic brothers to do something for me. Can you go to a private place and feel around your shaft?

1. Do you feel any hard .125" or 3mm diameter tubes aside the softer, larger cylinders extending to your glans?

2. Near the tips, do you feel ant rock hard "sections" out near the tips?

3. Or are there only two soft and pliable, "squishy" cylinders inside when deflated?

Not very scientific, but this will help me. Give it a squeeze for me? :)
58 YO, Married, T1 Diabetes, 5'10". 160. Stage-fright ED for years, did fine with pills, Penis Fracture in 2016 ended ALL erections. Used VED for 4 months prior to surgery. Implanted with 20cm Titan on 12/11/2019.

armygolfer

Postby armygolfer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:30 am

I just went back and watched several implant videos. Seeing how the tips are pulled up and through the glans I just find it hard to believe that it's even physically possible to install an implant backwards. . I pray you find an answer to your dilemma soon. Keep us posted
65y.o. Very healthy fit and strong.
Radical Prostatectomy 1 Aug 2019
Implanted 30 Jan 2020 with Titan 18cm with 4cm RTE on one side and 2 1/2 RTE on the other
First implant failed at 6 months. Revision done 12 July 2020 with 20cm Titan, 2cm RTE's

Return to “Implants”