I think my Titan was installed backwards???

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
spirit

Re: I think my Titan was installed backwards???

Postby spirit » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:02 pm

Update of sorts. Finally talked to my general practitioner and she was not helpful. Here firm suggestion was to go back to the original surgeon. I think that is terrible advice at least I want nothing to do with him. The next, even worse suggestion was to go to the ER. What are they going to do? Cut me open and remove it?

Awaiting word from Levine at this point.
58 YO, Married, T1 Diabetes, 5'10". 160. Stage-fright ED for years, did fine with pills, Penis Fracture in 2016 ended ALL erections. Used VED for 4 months prior to surgery. Implanted with 20cm Titan on 12/11/2019.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:33 pm

spirit wrote:Update of sorts. Finally talked to my general practitioner and she was not helpful. Here firm suggestion was to go back to the original surgeon. I think that is terrible advice at least I want nothing to do with him. The next, even worse suggestion was to go to the ER. What are they going to do? Cut me open and remove it?

Awaiting word from Levine at this point.

Going back to the original surgeon might be worthwhile. Not for surgery, of course. Who knows what other blunders would happen. But allowing him/her a clinical exam to verify that the surgery was incorrectly done might pave the way for a GOOD surgeon to perform the correction.

Of course, if your original surgeon is defensive in conversation about the possibility that he/she made the mistake, only you can judge if you would trust him/her to own up to the backwards install.

(I venture this guess) If you refuse to let the original surgeon answer to the accusation, you are very probably on the road to a lawsuit which may or may not delay correction of the mistake. You will have to evaluate the hospital's and the surgeon's attitude.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

spirit

Postby spirit » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Levine would not talk to me but offered a $200 phone consult, cash or an appointment tomorrow at 3:30 which is covered by my insurance. I chose the latter :)

I think this will be more comfortable no matter what is found. His words to his receptionist was that he could not imagine it being backwards but that something is wrong. That is the consensus initial reaction here and everywhere else.

One last clarifying question: There are not two naturally occurring 1/8th inch diameter hard tubes or tenons in a normal penis correct? Serious question.
58 YO, Married, T1 Diabetes, 5'10". 160. Stage-fright ED for years, did fine with pills, Penis Fracture in 2016 ended ALL erections. Used VED for 4 months prior to surgery. Implanted with 20cm Titan on 12/11/2019.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:49 pm

spirit wrote:One last clarifying question: There are not two naturally occurring 1/8th inch diameter hard tubes or tenons in a normal penis correct? Serious question.

Not in my penis.
spirit wrote:Levine would not talk to me but offered a $200 phone consult, cash or an appointment tomorrow at 3:30 which is covered by my insurance. I chose the latter :)

A demand for payment for what is essentially a followup on a surgery that now has a question THAT NEEDS FOLLOWUP?!?!?

Did he sound like he wanted to blow you off? It seems to me that a Doctor with his (good) reputation and (I assume he is rather high up in the hierarchy of the surgery department) a responsible person, he would take your testimony seriously.
spirit wrote:I think this will be more comfortable no matter what is found. His words to his receptionist was that he could not imagine it being backwards but that something is wrong. That is the consensus initial reaction here and everywhere else.

At least he admits that a backwards installation WOULD be wrong. You don't want a (top) surgeon telling you that this is an appropriate way to install an implant. But you have seen this incredulous response before, so I guess it is understandable. Once he examines you, I think he will be appropriately alarmed.

Did you ever get the name of the surgeon or a copy of the operating report?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:17 pm

I believe Dr. Levine has a lot at stake here. I think his reputation could really take a hit on Frank Talk if he doesn't resolve this. Even if he didn't do the surgery he's the senior doctor of that group.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

spirit

Postby spirit » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:29 pm

To clarify: My appointment tomorrow is with a different surgeon from the same group. Levine did not do my surgery.

spirit wrote:One last clarifying question: There are not two naturally occurring 1/8th inch diameter hard tubes or tenons in a normal penis correct? Serious question.

Lost Sheep wrote:Not in my penis.

Those tubes are why my penis sticks straight out and will not fold down. Even when the cylinders are deflated and "squishy" the hard tubes keep It pointed out the same 4.25" length as when it is pumped fully.
Last edited by spirit on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

spirit

Postby spirit » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:30 pm

tomas1 wrote:I believe Dr. Levine has a lot at stake here. I think his reputation could really take a hit on Frank Talk if he doesn't resolve this. Even if he didn't do the surgery he's the senior doctor of that group.

Again, Levine did not do my surgery. He is my second opinion urologist.

spirit

Postby spirit » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:32 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Did you ever get the name of the surgeon or a copy of the operating report?

The surgery center said they could not give that to me. Only Dr. X (my initial surgeon) could request it.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:12 pm

spirit wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:Did you ever get the name of the surgeon or a copy of the operating report?

The surgery center said they could not give that to me. Only Dr. X (my initial surgeon) could request it.

Did you ask them how you are supposed to ask the surgeon to get get the report for you if you do not know his name and they will not tell you?

I would consider contactint the local AMA office and lodging a formal complaint. That is ridiculous. Bordering on criminal (and I will not suggest which side of that border).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

spirit

Postby spirit » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:21 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
spirit wrote:Did you ever get the name of the surgeon or a copy of the operating report?

Lost Sheep wrote:Did you ask them how you are supposed to ask the surgeon to get get the report for you if you do not know his name and they will not tell you?

I know the Surgeons name (unless he had a student perform it). The surgery center said that only "he", the surgeon can request those records. I am not personally going to the original surgeon to request them at this point but someone else might... either my next surgeon or a legal firm.

Lost Sheep wrote:I would consider contactint the local AMA office and lodging a formal complaint. That is ridiculous. Bordering on criminal (and I will not suggest which side of that border).

Thanks for the continued replying. My first order of biz is making sure this is right. If I am right about being backwards, it may be a first and I can tell you that the pain just grows. I sit at my desk all day continually holding my penis to try and lessen the pain. All the pressure within is getting to be too much. It is hard to act as if nothing is happening to my employees as they come to me with questions. It really sucks.

Return to “Implants”