Growing Concern Post-Procedure

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NJ Fred

Growing Concern Post-Procedure

Postby NJ Fred » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:49 am

Thank you for this incredible forum. It has assuaged many concerns.

I am 7-weeks post procedure. My surgeon used and AMS 700 device. My dilemma is I am still in discomfort along both sides of my penis. I also have semi-rigidity even though the device is 100% deflated.

I am 71 y/o and diabetic; otherwise in good health. Am I correct to think that my diabetes (latest A1C was 11.1) might be the impediment to my full healing? I have not yet attempted pumping. I am concerned that if I do, I might aggravate and impede the healing process.

I was discharged by the doctor nine days ago. He remarked (during three post-op visits) that my post -surgical swelling was low.

Any guidance, etc., will be deeply appreciated.
72 y/o, married 36 yrs to a lady with the patience of a Saint. Diabetic, high blood pressure - I'm a wreck! AMS 700 via Dr. Edward Becker, Palm Beach Urology, Wellington ,FL on 1/29/20.

Cajun Jeff

Re: Growing Concern Post-Procedure

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:19 am

what did the Dr say about the pain that you are having? You say the Dr released you. Usually that indicates that you are ready. Did he activate you? Sure hate that your having such a problem. I also got the 700 8 weeks ago. Mine is the LGX Have not had any pain a bit of swelling and discomfort but no pain. I think if I were you I would call the office of the Dr and ask about the discomfort and if you should start cycling (pumping it up)

Good luck.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:12 am

Yes, please clarify this pain you are feeling. If Dr. discharged you and you still have pain...not good!
Now, if this pain along both sides of penis is more of a discomfort, and when you piss it feels 'mechanical', the feeling would be there for a while, no worries.
So yes, please explain/clairfy this pain you are feeling.
Have you started cycling? If pain only happens when deflated, it may be the kinks in AMS (since you mentioned both sides).
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

the rock man

Postby the rock man » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:33 am

Hi Nj Fred, My comments are addressing your concerns about pain and discomfort, no input or knowledge on the affect of Diabetes.Your doctor is your best source for when you can start inflating, and Pain management.
I'm not sure if you can find my previous posts, try searching my ID "The Rock Man" I was expecting only up to 5 days of discomfort and pain. Please don't get frightened as your situation may be different, but my pain and discomfort lasted 3 months. I believe you just need more time than others to heal. Be patient. It is my belief that I waited 3+ years too long to have my the AMS700 implanted, where by my penis shrunk a lot.
I believe the length and girth I ended up with contributed to the pain and discomfort. My advice is the same advice I received from this wonderful FrankTalk community. Find ways to deal with the pain. My Urologist helped me with different pain meds, nerve relaxants. I used David Archey underwear to help me by because your penis sits in a pocket separating itself from your skin and clothes.
https://davidarchy.com/collections/mens-underwear. If you think it will help you I can PM you with my Phone# .
Fast forward to 3 Months past surgery I am became very happy with the results.
AMS700 CX implant April 2019 NY

NJ Fred

Postby NJ Fred » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:26 am

The mainstay of the pain/over sensitivity runs along the tubes on both sides of the penis. I have attempted, several times, to inflate with zero success. My penis is rigid along the top.

Other pain occasionally manifests itself on the top of the penis at the base of the ridge - - just before the head.

My inability to inflate is most concerning to me. I have a call into the doctor.

Thank you all for answering.
72 y/o, married 36 yrs to a lady with the patience of a Saint. Diabetic, high blood pressure - I'm a wreck! AMS 700 via Dr. Edward Becker, Palm Beach Urology, Wellington ,FL on 1/29/20.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:32 am

If you can't inflate, you need to see the doctor for sure. My surgeon, who uses a different protocol than most, had me start inflating at one week out after surgery. Yours will probably want you to inflate and deflate at least a couple times a day for a while. Ask him how often you should "cycle" once the two of you work out how to get fully inflated.

Good luck.
Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:04 pm

NJ Fred wrote:The mainstay of the pain/over sensitivity runs along the tubes on both sides of the penis. I have attempted, several times, to inflate with zero success. My penis is rigid along the top.

Other pain occasionally manifests itself on the top of the penis at the base of the ridge - - just before the head.

My inability to inflate is most concerning to me. I have a call into the doctor.

Thank you all for answering.

Calling in to your implant's manufacturer's Patient Liaison might help. The P.L. is already paid for and often can help or at least be reassuring.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

NJ Fred

Postby NJ Fred » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:56 pm

I am flying to West Palm Beach on Sunday and have a 9am appointment with the surgeon on Monday morning. He had called me back on a timely basis; which I appreciated.

Will update after I see him. Thanks again!

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:25 am

A1c of 11.1?!?!? Yeah, I would definitely say that is hampering your recovery. I'm really surprised a surgeon would even do an elective surgery when your A1c is that high, knowing poorly controlled diabetes impedes healing.

I've been sick with multiple issues over the past 9 weeks and I'm freaking out that my A1c went from 6.4 to 7.1 over that time.

Glad to see you have an appt with your surgeon about the pain and inflating. But follow up with your GP or endocrinologist as well. You want to be healthy to use that new toy for many years to *cum* :D
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

LA Johnson

Postby LA Johnson » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:04 am

NJ Fred wrote:Thank you for this incredible forum. It has assuaged many concerns.

I am 7-weeks post procedure. My surgeon used and AMS 700 device. My dilemma is I am still in discomfort along both sides of my penis. I also have semi-rigidity even though the device is 100% deflated.

I am 71 y/o and diabetic; otherwise in good health. Am I correct to think that my diabetes (latest A1C was 11.1) might be the impediment to my full healing? I have not yet attempted pumping. I am concerned that if I do, I might aggravate and impede the healing process.

I was discharged by the doctor nine days ago. He remarked (during three post-op visits) that my post -surgical swelling was low.

Any guidance, etc., will be deeply appreciated.

My doctor told me that diabetic implant patients seem to experience higher levels of pain with this surgery than non-diabetic patients.
B 1958/ M 1991/ VL, Titan implant 3/18 20cm+ 2cm rte Dr. Yafi UCI Medical
1st Revision 3/19 Pump failure 22cm+1.5 rte; 2nd Revision 9/19 Pump failure 22cm+2cm rte
3rd Revision 6/16/20 Cylinder aneurysm Dr. Kramer Titan 24cm no rte. 4th Rev 4/14/21 Pump.

Return to “Implants”