Revision recovery time

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Accutane2020

Revision recovery time

Postby Accutane2020 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:54 am

A lot of discussions relate to the number of potential revisions people have to have over time, I was wondering how people have found the recovery time for revisions in comparison to their original implant surgeries? I’m also interested to know if there is a maximum number of revisions that you can go through ?
Mid 20’s. Titan 22 cm + 1.5cm RTE. All good so far.

Agfa13

Re: Revision recovery time

Postby Agfa13 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:15 pm

I have had 2 revisions, 3 surgeries.
The 1st one was with a malleable. Since that is a 1 piece, no other parts to consider, I was up and about in less than a week. Recovery was pretty quick as there was not much to heal and my body was put back to a near normal state.
The 2nd revision I just had on the 2nd. My balls are tender. Today, I was actually able to feel and explore the actual Titan pump. Nonetheless, still recovering here.

As for what led to the above, I got an infection the 1st time around (1st surgery). Recovery was going well, but then things too a nasty turn and Dr. decided to gamble with my surgery and the infection resulted in my losing inches.
As for recovery this 1st time, not sure how to answer that. I was not able to fuck since last Aug., mostly self-luv, until this past January with the malleable (1st revision, 2nd surgery).
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:19 am

I have a friend that just had a revision and his first installation was pretty uncomfortable compared to mine. The revision has been very easy for him. He says no pain at all. He's just a week out since surgery and it seems wonderful to him. So maybe at least some revisions are not hard.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Accutane2020

Postby Accutane2020 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:24 am

Thanks for your replies ! Sorry to hear of your infection Afga13. Infections are concerning as I have read that in some cases it has left men with no implant whatsoever long term. It seems unfair that you have had an adverse result due to your surgeons negligence. Did you have to pay for both revisions also? This seems incredibly unfair due to the fact that this was not your fault.i wish you well going forward and hope that if you cannot regain inches you at least do not have to endure revisions as regularly as you have thus far.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:14 pm

Revisions (as reported here) seem to be a lot easier in recovery than virgin implants.

There is a thread on Franktalk (which I cannot find now) having a lengthy discussion of the potential for increased infection risk at each revision.

This is not the thread I was thinking of, but it asks the question
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11586&p=99549
and then this one also
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9590&p=77117
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:50 am

The first implant was in and out in 11 days... infection. That was 7 years ago and so traumatic I can't even recall the pain because it was all such a mind f**k.

The second implant was 5 years ago and just like my surgeon kept telling me it would be, I was hurting for about 2 weeks and achy up until week 6 and then it seemed to be perfectly fine after that.

The reservoir to that implant was removed 3 weeks ago... scar tissue began to form around it (after 5 years) and the muscle tissue around the area was highly inflamed causing me a lot of abdominal pain.
I think recovery would have been less painful because only the reservoir was removed through the scrotum, but I threw a huge blood clot post-op and between the heparin in the hospital and the double dose of Xarelto I'm currently on, the stitches pulled apart exposing some raw flesh.
Per my doc, I've been cleaning the area several times a day and no sign of infection, but it's definitely added to the tenderness. So I think it will run into several weeks of discomfort again.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

Accutane2020

Postby Accutane2020 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:03 am

Are you saying you had no implant for 2 years due to infection ? That’s concerning

Alex888

Postby Alex888 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:57 am

How bad are such operations for health?
How harmful is anesthesia?
If a person, for example, has placed an implant at 60 and will have to change it at 70 years or 80?

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:25 am

Alex888 wrote:If a person, for example, has placed an implant at 60 and will have to change it at 70 years or 80?

I had an implant inserted at age 52 and didn't have to have it replaced till I was 65 (which was 5 years ago).

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:34 pm

I was revised 5 days ago to an lgx 700. This revision is going great. My titan implant last year was no big deal for me. I did not have a lot of issues with it.

I am having less with this lgx.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”