8 months out, update and questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Hoping

8 months out, update and questions

Postby Hoping » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:35 pm

Hi everyone,
hoping to get some advice and give some updates. First off, this thing has been great, functionality is amazing and actually am very happy with the length of the implant this far out. My length might be tied for the longest it's ever been or very close actually, can't believe that after how worried I was initially after surgery.

One thing I did notice though is my girth isn't quite what it used to be but is still respectable. I don't know if this is because the only girth comes from the cylinders now and I get less engorgement overall from less blood flow. I also don't know if the cylinders gradually will get wider over time. It seems like when I max inflate as much as I can it mainly just gets harder and harder towards the end as opposed to increasing in girth towards the end. What do you guys think?

I'm also really wanting shoulder surgery as my shoulder (non dominant arm) is pretty badly messed up but am hesitant because my doctor told me to max inflate daily an entire year after surgery. What do you guys think? I'd really like it done as soon as possible but don't want to screw things up with my implant by losing size because I'll be recovering. I just use my left hand (messed up shoulder side) to squeeze fluid back into reservoir (am guessing if I had surgery i woudn't be able to do this even for about at least 2-3 weeks.

Overall though, this thing is great and it feels good to never have a worry about ED again. Dr. Tobias Kohler does amazing work
28 years old, single, implanted 7/12/2019 Coloplast Titan 22cm +1cm rte, surgeon Dr. Tobias Kohler at Mayo Clinic Rochester

Greg1956

Re: 8 months out, update and questions

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:50 pm

I find if I simply pump up all the way my girth is less than if my wife or I stimulate my dick a bit, I pump a bit, stimulate more, pump more, etc. with stimulation and breaking up the pumping, my first is better than pre-implant.

I have practiced one handed pumping with either hand and have no problem. Have you tried it? Every surgeon seems to give patients different info and advice. Mine said to cycle regularly, but if I missed some it wouldn’t matter. He also said it takes up to two years to max out your size potential. At the year and a half mark I developed Cancer and was wiped out from treatments and totally stopped cycling for 6 months. At the two year mark of having my implant, I resumed cycling and gained a little more. I don’t thjnk taking a little break should matter, but try the one handed method to see if you can do it with the hand you will have available following g shoulder surgery.

PS
Are you having Rotator Cuff surgery? I had that several years back. It was rough but well worth it.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Hoping

Postby Hoping » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:49 am

Hi Greg,
I think I probably have a similar experience with stimulation, I guess when I'm noticing the girth decrease is right after fully pumping up without really measuring after orgasming or after stimulating a bit. I'll see what I notice.
I pump it up with one hand, my right hand only really. The main issue I'd run into after shoulder surgery would be deflating because my pump requires me to squeeze the release on the pump and also squeeze my cylinders to push the fluid back into the reservoir. It requires two hands for sure. That's crazy to hear that at the 2 year mark you reach your size potential. I'm already very impressed with my length. If I gain anymore I'll be longer than pre-implant for sure.
I've had shoulder problems and surgeries for years unfortunately. I know I have a loose capsule (multi directional instability), possible repairs may need to be done to my labrum and maybe clean up other debris, I have arthritis in there so not sure if that's where a good amount of my pain is coming from. It's not rotator cuff surgery but the recovery is just as long. Shoulder surgeries have really long recoveries unfortunately so definitely not looking forward to rehabing again.
28 years old, single, implanted 7/12/2019 Coloplast Titan 22cm +1cm rte, surgeon Dr. Tobias Kohler at Mayo Clinic Rochester

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:56 am

I pump up and deflate with one hand no problem! If you’re okay with it, get your partner to do the heavy lifting! I’ve taught my wife, she has found it difficult to squeeze hard enough. I don’t know if it is a hand strength issue or she doesn’t want to hurt me. It never hurts to pump up or to deflate.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

williamb

Postby williamb » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Hoping , I agree with FredieFree, I was about to suggest getting your wife to help or hire an "inflator or Pump Operator" could be fun. Just be sure they don't let the pump slip or shoot out of their fingers.
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

Return to “Implants”