Feeling deflated... so to speak.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gregorbehr

Feeling deflated... so to speak.

Postby gregorbehr » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:04 am

Surgery went fairly well on Friday. Thankfully there was no need for the vascular surgeon on standby and the reservoir came out the same way it went in 5 years ago, via my scrotum.
The overnight in the hospital was ok, the catheter bugged me the most and kept me awake all night. But that came out (hate those things) Saturday morning and I was home by noon.
I did have a drainage tube buried deep in my groin, but at today's follow up, the surgeon felt the drainage was tapering off enough to remove it. I have to say it hurt just as much as the catheter did being pulled out! :shock:

I asked the surgeon if he had ever had or heard of anyone having issues half a decade after implant... I appear to be special because he hadn't. The tissue around the reservoir was irritated and inflamed, causing a fair amount of pain, that it drove me to this point.

We agreed that to reduce the possibility (since I seem to be prone to it) of scarring, to just leave the pump and tubing in place. It's weird being able to feel the pump and tubes in my shaft and knowing they no longer work/get hard.

I'm not sure what to do in the future. I want one of the hotshot, high volume docs to do the next implant cause I have "visions of an even longer and thicker erection" than before. But logic kinda says, stick with a well-respected university hospital (UC San Francisco) and it's urology team because I seem to be apart of a very limited demographic now and should play it safe. I should have a night in a hospital on antibiotics and a nurse checking up every few hours and enjoy easy follows because the hospital is only 10 minutes away. But past experience leads to find university docs to be rather conservative in their sizing. And no one wants to be short-changed in that department!

So its now just a waiting game, one where I have to get my head around being impotent again. Thankfully the husband likes to top more than bottom, but still... none of us are on this site because we're thrilled with a limp cock!
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

DougAnd

Re: Feeling deflated... so to speak.

Postby DougAnd » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:33 am

Sorry for your bad luck. You might want to look into a 2 piece. Smaller is better than nothing at all.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:59 pm

If you really do want a high-reputation surgeon, Dr. Karpman is not far away, in Mountain View, CA. Just down the peninsula from you.
On the other hand.
There is some advantage in having surgery with the same surgical team that took the old hardware out. At least they have already seen your insides.

When you refer to the pump and tubing remaining in place, what do you mean by "tubing"? The tubes that connect the pump, reservoir and inflatable tubes or the inflatable tubes themselves? I am just uncertain.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:13 am

Dr.'s main concern is to get it functional.
I am a little lost here. WHY did they go in and just leave everything in place?
It sounds like they took care of a problem 1st, and when time and $$$ is available, will do a revision, correct?
You just have to be patient at this time. You still have sensations right? There are other ways of getting yourself off.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Return to “Implants”