What is optimum load rigidity of an implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Captain1117

What is optimum load rigidity of an implant

Postby Captain1117 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:15 pm

Does anyone know what is optimum load required for strong vaginal penetration and vigorous sex.

While researching implants..came across this publication;

The Titans seem to start at 1.6lb force for penetration before kinking while AMS devices were lower.I am sure both devices perform well in real usage.

Are these lab test relatable to real usage experience?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5654325/

The AMS devices kinked at a lower load at all three-fill pressures than the Coloplast devices. While all devices kinked at greater longitudinal loads at increasing fill pressures, the AMS devices appeared to be more sensitive to fill pressure while the Coloplast devices were able to tolerate similar load pressures across all three fill volumes.
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

Lost Sheep

Re: What is optimum load rigidity of an implant

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:38 pm

In my opinion, the first thing to note about this study is that it is ex-vivo. Performance in-vivo adds complicating factors and layers of nuance.

Second thing is that, as you noted, rigidity went up with internal pressure in all models tested. That is as it should be. The Coloplast devices are made of stiffer material, so start out with a baseline rigidity not present in the AMS devices.

One is wise to note, that this greater stiffness at baseline of the Coloplast devices is why the AMS devices provide a closer appearance (and possibly are closer in feel) to a FFUP (Fully Functional Unimplanted Penis) than the Coloplast devices provide.

Column strength is a good for penetration of one's partner (or, even sex toys), but the feel of the implant/tunica combination on the inside of one's penis is important, too. An overly stiff implant might make the act of penetration feel differently ON YOUR PENIS' INSIDE than one less stiff.

Just some speculative thoughts to consider.

You might think I am biased because I have an AMS device, but I do not believe that is the case. My engineering mind is compartmentalized from my sexual mind as much as I can make them.

The original question
what is optimum load required for strong vaginal penetration and vigorous sex.
asks about penetrating a partner. Most readers would take that to focus on the moment-of-entry penetration (column strength). That might ignore the lateral forces (beam strength) which may be more important to sensation during continued penetration than initial entry. And, as I noted above, ignore the forces felt on the inside of the implantee's glans.

Optimal realism (comparing a FFUP v an implanted penis) to the sensations experienced by the man or by his partner) may be attained at different levels, as well.

Captain117, you ask an intriguing question which opens up a fascinating arena of research. Wish I had better answers instead of more questions.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

GOLD HORSE

Postby GOLD HORSE » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:24 pm

I do 100% and after a half our I pump two more time.

Crtrader

Postby Crtrader » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:23 pm

I think malleable has the highest axial load but I’m biased too.

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:29 pm

Thank you all .
Keeping the technical specs at bay..what do you guys think about penetration strength adequacy.
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:52 pm

Captain1117 wrote:Thank you all .
Keeping the technical specs at bay..what do you guys think about penetration strength adequacy.

My AMS LGX produces erections as good as the best fully functional erections of my youth. What is more optimal than that?

Technical specs which might not put you off, Captain; My AMS LGX's which is reputed to be the least rigid of the three most commonly implanted devices in the U.S.A.) beam strength (resistance to bending) is every bit as rigid and every bit as strong axially (column strength) as the best of my youth. How optimal is that?

The angle of the erection is not quite as good as when I was young, for reasons I am uncertain of. When I was young, my erections would come up and reach almost to my belly. Now, my belly almost reaches my erections. I can still hang a full-size towel on it and walk around, a little bit more gingerly than I could before.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:26 pm

I am glad to hear that your youth erection strength is back.

On the aspect of E..angle..I cant remember when my penis pointed upwards.

Right now..when I do get an erection the best is 90 deg to my legs(parallel to ground).
Hoping an implant would improve that too...when inflated.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:18 pm

Just an opinion for us to keep in mind. I do not recall any member posting that his implant (of any brand) was not rigid enough for the task attempted. This is barring any problems like a short implant or other improperly installed implant issues.
So I write lots of these rigidity threads off to male bigger = better feelings.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:29 am

I have read that study as well, even linked to it I think.

As some have said here already, it is measured on implants in a lab. Not implants in a dick. Your question, regarding optimal load force needed, is impossible to answer.
Optimal for whom penetrating whom?
A huge, fat dick entering a dry, tight little pussy from behind while standing up, using no hands?
Or a short, thin dick entering a heavily lubed grand canyon-sized pussy, woman lying on her back, legs spread wide, dick guided in with two hands?
There are just too many variables that varies to practically answer that question.

Then you will also hear people, like LS, saying that any implant is hard enough, rigid enough, has enough axial load tolerance before they kink, etc, etc.
This is also personal preference. This is what LS thinks. You might have completely different bench marks, different sexual preferences and habits, different requirements, fucking different women with different characteristics and different preferences.

What we do know for sure, is that a Titan implant can tolerate higher axial load before it kinks. This is true in a lab, but will of course be true in a dick as well. Whether both have enough, will again be impossible to answer in genaral way which covers any persons requirements and opinion.

As LS say, you could turn things and say that if the Titan is too hard and hence has too much (or unneccesarily high) axial force tolerance, then it might feel to hard for the user.
Well, in my case, I pump my Titan completely 100% full with around 60 pumps and thinks it feels fucking amazing. I don't know if his theory is confirmed in real life, but in my case, the harder my dick is, the better the sex feels. With the exceptions of blowjobs, but I can adjust my hardness to the activity...

Furthermore, angling this in a different way than LS' pro-AMS twist, instead of saying that a Titan will be too hard, you can also say that a Titan achieve considerably high axial loading force tolerance even at moderate inflation levels. Meaning that it COULD be that to achieve the desirable axial loading force, you must pump your LGX much harder than your Titan, which will make it feel more unnatural...

As said, this is just speculations and will always come down to personal preference depending on how you use your implant.

Again, what we do know is that a Titan implant can tolerate higher axial load before it kinks. This is true in a lab, but will of course be true in a dick as well. Whether both have enough, will again be impossible to answer in genaral way which covers any persons requirements and opinion. And in my case, I definitely think the axial loading strength is a factor in play. If I pump it to the absolutely max I can achieve using all my strength and two hands (60 pumps), then the axial force is great. I can easily penetrate without hands, I can do long strokes where I come all the way out and then penetrate again on the next stroke.
However, if I reduce my inflation level with 25% or so, then it is not so easy anymore. It is still possible in many cases, but not in all. So I would say that in MY CASE, with my personal preference, anything less than a fully inflated Titan would have a less than desirable (or less than maximum enjoyable) axial rigidity force tolerance.

We also know that the Titan gets harder overall when inflated, and will be harder than an AMS when deflated as well. This is due to the stiffer material cylinders are made of.

Choosing an implant is perhaps not always a good idea in the first place. Maybe you should leave it up to your doc.
If you do have a say, and want to use that say, then my advice is just to focus on what is important to you.

If it is important to have the maximum axial force loading tolerance available, and minimize the risk that you are like me, and that only the full inflation of the stiffest implant on the market is good enougy, then choose the Titan.

If it is important for you to have the smallest flaccid you can have, meaning you do not want your flaccid to be almost as long as your erection - then go for an LGX.

If it is important for you to maximize your hardness, taking no risks whatsoever that you will be one of the pople like me, who thinks that the maximum hardness of a Titan is the perfect level, then go with a Titan.

If you want as big flaccid as possible, and don't mind that your flaccid is almost as long as your erection, then go with a CX or a Titan.

If it super important to you that your flaccid dick hangs straight down and minimize any risk of having an unnatural hang-angle then go with any of the silicon cylinders (i.e. AMS), but probably preferrably the CX, since it will be a longer flaccid than the LGX, and hence increases the chance of letting gravity give you a good hang.

If you have massive girth, and wants to do all you can to minimize the risk of losing girth, then go with the highest diameter cylinders on the market, i.e. Titan. Also, we know that statistically, girth means more to women than length. So if the women you are going to fuck are representative for the female population on planet earth, and it is important to give them what they prioritize, then choose the Titan. Of course, if your girth is not very big before surgery, then probably this issue won't matter, since all implants will maximize your girth.

I think these are objective truths, which are not black and white rules, but they work as principal guidelines.

Skipping the objective general stuff, and talking from personal experience - as I said, I love to feel my dick as hard as possible. I would not want it any softer than the hardest I can get my Titan. Which means by definition that there is at least one guy on this planet who would miss more hardness with an AMS. But I might be unique.

My flaccid also hangs perfectly straight down, as shown on plenty of pics on this site, but I might again be unique.

I also GAINED length from my best natural erections with my Titan, and multiple studies have shown that length can be gained from post op with any implant, which is why I skipped the whole length issue above.
The AMS LGX major advantage is that it makes your flaccid smaller. Not your erection bigger.
This is good when that's what you want. But it's bad when you just want a big fucking dick any time. Hard or soft.
I could probably think that if I could choose, the LGX flaccid would be a good thing in most situations. But sometimes, the girth and size of my Titan flaccid is just great to have.
And the argument that one can always inflate the LGX when one wishes a larger flaccid doesn't rally hold. Because inflating it a bit will make it stiffer as well, and then it is not really a flaccid anymore. It's a semi. In my case, it is still soft and pliable. Just big.
But then again, sometimes, as when taking a grappling lesson, a smaller flaccid would be nice...

Good luck.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

3rd-Nut

Postby 3rd-Nut » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:43 am

double post..
Last edited by 3rd-Nut on Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
PC 2006, AMS 700 LGX implanted 18+3, 2012, Dr. Paolone in Madison, WI- Married 47 yrs.

Return to “Implants”