Going, going...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gregorbehr

Going, going...

Postby gregorbehr » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:35 am

By 2pm tomorrow my implant will be partially removed :(
Some mystery mass has formed up against/around the reservoir. A CT and PET scan were inconclusive, as was a biopsy as to what it is. The suspect is after 5 years my body decided it didn't want the reservoir there anymore so they are going to remove the mass and cut out the reservoir. Not sure if they'll remove the rest of the implant or just leave it. But I'm shattered to once again being impotent!
But given the constant abdominal pain and the nerve pain in my left leg (something in there is pressing against some nerve), and the foggy haze I've been in for the past month because of heavy doses of oxycontin, oxycodone, and lorazepam, I guess its best to get it over and done with.
I'm sure going to miss my lil boner on command.

Wish me luck... and here's to the next implant. lol I have to find my VED to make sure I keep the lil guy from shrinking up.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

Rusty4.5

Re: Going, going...

Postby Rusty4.5 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:48 am

I’m curious as to why the reservoir couldn’t be moved or even replaced . I guess after five years though, eventually a complete redo my be the best outcome for you.
Prayers for a positive outcome and healthy recovery!
Rusty4 Hated side effects of pills, they quit working over year ago
Goal is future implant, enjoying trimix for now,
Worried, PSA number rising .

GOLD HORSE

Postby GOLD HORSE » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:36 am

My prayer for your and fast recovery.
I hope they can put the reservoir in the other side and you can be part of the bionic DICK members.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:15 pm

Good Luck. Hope they do not find anything bad that cannot be remedied. I would like to know the 'why' of the operation. Your body 'rejecting' the reservoir is suspicious to say the least, but hey, the human body is still a mystery.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Best of luck. Hope for fast recovery.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:55 pm

My brother in law had a similar problem after 6 years. Kaiser removed, cleaned out the mass then replaced the whole thing. I think the whole process took about 2 months from start to replacement. He is not one to ask questions so didn't have many details of why it happened.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:57 am

2:45am and laying here in the hospital... pain meds not really helping but also maxed out the amount they can give me for a few more hours.
As I suspected would happen, the reservoir has been removed. To minimize any additional scaring the rest of the implant was left in place until I decide to have it fully replaced.

The urologist still isn’t sure what happen. The tissue around the reservoir has simply become so inflamed after 5 years that I was in constant pain for the past 4 weeks.
So I’m spending the night getting antibiotics and hopefully they’ll remove the highly uncomfortable catheter in a few hours. Not sure how long the drainage tube will be in, I assume until my follow up Monday.
I’m definitely not looking forward to once again having my scrotum swollen and sore for several weeks, as they pulled the reservoir out that way. I guess it beats cutting open my abdomen and jacking up the tattoo on my belly :)

Thanks for the well wishes. And here is to implant #3 in the future.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

Return to “Implants”