Revision in 3 weeks

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SW0110

Revision in 3 weeks

Postby SW0110 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:59 am

Well things just keep moving forward. I started to post this in another topic but thought I would just start a new thread. I have had several things happen to me so thought it might give others something to think about.

First. I have had my titan for almost one year. It was put in to correct peyronies plaque, hourglassing and a 35 degree curve. I researched a lot of docs and went with a non local one who was a coloplast center of excellence surgeon about 3 hour drive from me. The surgery went great and I had no issues with it and very little pain from it at all. My main discomfort was being pumped up about 60 percent for 2 weeks. Then started cycling twice daily. Till jan 6th 2020.

The only titan issue I had was at week 2 my implant was inflating and would not deflate no matter how hard I tried. Scheduled and made 3 hour drive back to surgeon to check it out. Found out I had a sticky valve and the button was pointing straight out. Once that was figured out i had no problem inflating and deflating once or twice a day from then on till night before hernia surgery.

About 3 months after implant developed a pain in my groin. Back to surgeon, again 3 hour drive. Looks like I have a hernia. Not related to implant but I could tell it is right next to some tubing to reservoir. Off t see a local surgeon in december after hernia pain got worse. It was on same side as reservoir and tubing so I did not want to take a chance surgery would f with the implant so put up with hernia as long as I could.

Night before surgery, pumped up to a hard 6.5 inches. Flaccid I am 5.5 inches. This was a mon night. Had surgery Tues, sat tried to pump, got a semi and bulb got squishy at 10 pumps. It went flat. No more hard dick. Deflated and tried again. Softer each time I cycled.

Saw hernia surgeon. Said it was coincidence, nothing he did would affect reservoir or tubing. I asked him twice before surgery if he should get ct scan so he would know exactly where reservoir and tubes are. Nope, not needed. Back to implant surgeon, another 3.5 hour car ride each way this time in traffic. He said he did not think hernia surgery affected implant and just would see about repairing titan. Titan has tubing connection issues which are common and any number of things could cause them to come loose. Wherever issue is. Probably replace reservoir and pump, leave cylinders alone.

Pain got worse. Got a referral to a local urologist from my gp who he knows has done several implant ops locally. Saw the local uro. First thing he ordered was a ct scan. Reservoir is flat and area around it looks full of saline. Reservoir is directly under hernia site and could possibly be sutured to the mesh. Pain now is worse. New uro suggests a total redo with an ams lgx. The titan has been in a year and with cycling my size is back to almost pre ed length. Peyronies should no longer be an issue. He thinks I will like the softer lgx cylinders and I would no longer have the stiff folds wher my dick bends down which are very noticeable and has him concerned about long term erosion issues. Fix this all at once now.

To be honest, riding in a car is miserable. Traveling 3.5 hours to original implant surgeon would be doable but hard. Next issue is I am going to have to have both an implant surgeon and general surgeon present in operating room.

At this point, in discussions with my wife i am this time going local. 15 minutes from my house to the hospital. My surgery is happening 2 weeks after my wife has some surgery. This also affected the local decision as well.

This has been a long wild ride. Dealing with ed and peyronies for almost 3 years, then a fin hernia, then a blown reservoir. My revision surgery will be 1 year and 1 week after my original implant of the titan.

My thoughts. Going local this time due to being cut open and having hernia redone and new implant going in at the same time. I am hoping the new uro surgeon does his job. At least I already know I have 18 cm cylinders and 1 rte now for 19 total. New doc said he Hope's to get me up to 20 cm. Scrotal incision again along with 2 abdomen cuts. I will just see what happens.

Oh. Love my implant. As I have said since I woke up march 2019 with my titan and saw my 60 percent inflated dick and it was straight. This thing breaks. Am getting it fixed period. Just wish it had not been so soon.

A little worried about lgx but doc assured me the cylinders are plenty hard since the titan was in so long and straightened the curve out already. It will be interesting to see what happens and compare the lgx to the titan and how the recovery is for the revision surgery. Being at my best just under 7 inches the lgx should support my length just fine if I get back to it when I start cycling again. If I get back to the 6.5 I was before hernia surgery I will be happy.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”