penis rest vs daily cycling?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
544kenmatt

penis rest vs daily cycling?

Postby 544kenmatt » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:11 am

Would it make any sense to give your penis a break( a few days worth) once in awhile between periods of daily cycling? Or should we press on and try to stretch it to the max without ever stopping?
AMS 700 LGX 10/31/2019. age 63

Lost Sheep

Re: penis rest vs daily cycling?

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:32 pm

30 minutes inflation twice a day would still give your penis 23 hours rest.

Note that the rest benefits not only your penile tissues compressed by the inflated prosthesis, but also expands the reservoir so restrictive encapsulation (which would make full deflation difficult or impossible and contribute to troublesome auto-inflation) does not occur.

Still, taking a few days off doesn't hurt, either, especially after a couple months post-op. Early on, I would keep aggressively cycling. But that is just my (lay) opinion.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:27 pm

I was going to say the same thing.
When I took a break from T shots, I went a couple weeks sans cycling. That was around 10 months post-op.
No noticeable effects on Willy.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Magicmike

Postby Magicmike » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:24 pm

I cycled for 4 weeks twice a day. Now I cycle 3 times a week with full erection no length loss

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:01 pm

For me, you can believe I fall on the aggressive side of cycling, especially since I lost quite a bit of length and girth.
I may break the rules a bit post-op only because my loss, but not by much, as the Dr. said surgery will be peno-scrotal and I know I will be sore.
Cycling before I go to work, maybe several times during work time (including lunchtime), once I get home, and probably before bed (overnight a little bit pumped, but don't know what that will do).
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

merrix

Postby merrix » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:05 am

544kenmatt wrote:Would it make any sense to give your penis a break( a few days worth) once in awhile between periods of daily cycling? Or should we press on and try to stretch it to the max without ever stopping?

If you feel you need a break, I would say you are pushing your cycling too hard. It is not a contest of pain. It is a matter of frequently and regularly stretch your tissue to avoid shrinkage (and in some cases, as in mine, grow).
Should be no need for a break.
On the other hand, I never did it twice per day except for the first month or so. I quickly ended up doing it around 10 times per week, and soon thereafter was down to 5 times per week.
And it worked pretty damn well, I am now longer than I ever was in my life. But who knows, if I had done it 2*60 minutes per day up till today, I might have been the new John Holmes...

But the reason I didn't cycle twice per day for a couple of years was simply just that I couldn't always fit it into my life style. At least not without making sacrifices I wasn't prepared to do. I often go to bed late, and need to get up early. Simply no time. Oftentimes I just took a 5 minutes inflation while taking a shower etc. The 30-60 minutes full inflation happened very rarely.
Again, I am not saying frequent, long time cycling is useless. I am not saying anything else than sharing my experience.

What I do remember from the early days is that if I had sex when I hadn't inflated for a couple of days, it simply didn't feel as good. Felt a bit awkward/uncomfortable to have sex then.

Nowadays I never ever inflate unless I am going to use it. For sex or masturbation. And for masturbation I inflate only about 2/3 of full. When having sex I inflate it to the fullest. And it feels amazing even at 100% hardness even if I haven't inflated for a few days.
This means I just inflate it to full for about 3 times per week.
Have been doing like this for 1-2 years. And it is still bigger than it was ever in my life.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

544kenmatt

Postby 544kenmatt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:29 am

Thank you for your detailed reply. I did recently take a week off and I feel like it advanced the healing process for me. I'm still struggling with the size issue but I think the problem is mainly between my ears. you are lucky to have been active so soon after surgery ( I am jealous) . Again, thank you for your time and effort
AMS 700 LGX 10/31/2019. age 63

Return to “Implants”