Implant results with Kaiser Permanente

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Josecanseco

Re: Implant results with Kaiser Permanente

Postby Josecanseco » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:32 pm

TANGERINE wrote:there is a franktalk member named happy toy who had a great experience with Dr Eugene Rhee at Kaiser in southern california:
Re: Best Implant surgeon, ideally in S. Calif?
by Happy Toy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Dr. Rhee of Kaiser did my implant 6/26/18, no problems at all, same length and girth as I have always had. Love my implant. If you have ANY questions please PM me, happy to answer anything you may ask.
Andy

Also, Dr Rhee did come up as an expert invited to provide some of his experience for multicenter scientific trials (see my post called:the updated "list" of hihg volume implant surgeons
Re: the updated "list" of high volume implant surgeons
... is not the end all be all of lists..... The paper was a multicenter trial, and the authors were selected by the lead author of the paper since this group was felt to be a good sample of high volume surgeons. ...

Oh, and by the way, I think Kaiser does a wonderful job taking care of their patients, and they have talented doctors. The problem is that it is an HMO model from the financial viewpoint, which means that anything that is considered "elective and not totally medically necessary" will likely not be approved to be done. women who ask Kaiser to do a boob job or a facelift will be told that Kaiser will not pay. Similarly, I suppose that some men with ED (ie, NOT as a complication from prostate cancer) might be total that the surgery is elective and thus not covered. If that is the case, you will need to pay out of pocket and go to whoever you want.

Since you live in northern california (I do too), I think the best implant surgeon up here is Dr edward karpmann; I am sure that you could call his office and pay a consultation fee just to get things sorted out and to get good advice. He is a caring and smart doctor, and he will advise you and "tell it like it is"

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they’d refer me to Dr Rhee ?

Josecanseco

Postby Josecanseco » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:45 am

Any other experiences ?

Richard Roberts

Postby Richard Roberts » Wed May 13, 2020 9:37 pm

Dr Rhee did mine 18 months ago.

Fantastic, life changing, experience. Everything has gone perfectly. I absolutely love how it all turned out
AMS 700 LGX Nov 7, 2018. 64 yrs old. Diabetes. ED gradual for 8 yrs. Otherwise healthy and active.

Return to “Implants”