9 Weeks Post-Op: 75% of Shaft is Dead Numb

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
asmith

9 Weeks Post-Op: 75% of Shaft is Dead Numb

Postby asmith » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm about 9 weeks post-op with an AMS 700 LGX. Pre-surgery Trimix-injected erect length was 7-1/8"; post-op inflated erect length is 6-5/8". Post-op shaft girth is noticeably less than before surgery, except at the base. No floppy glans.

My erect dick is now wider, but less cylindrical in shape and appearance than before surgery. Erect, it is now sort of wide and somewhat flat in shape -- think of the shape of a tapered popsicle.

Flaccid, my dick is now nearly as long as it is when inflated erect. Deflated, it presents a conspicuous bulge in my dress slacks (even so in jeans) -- and it's especially conspicuous when I wear boxers.

Am vacationing in the Caribbean this week and went to the resort's pool dressed in board shorts (a kind of swimming trunk much like boxers). Bulge is very conspicuous, especially when I get out of the pool with a wet swimsuit on, that I have to quickly find a towel to wrap around and conceal myself.

When I go to urinate, my dick now feels like a large semi-rigid maleable plastic tube. After unzipping, I have to bend my body slightly over and forward to get my dick through the fly of my boxers and pants (sort of like a piss hard-on). A little awkward, but nevertheless serviceable.

My only complaint (none of the above notes are necessarily post-op complaints) is that 75% of my dick on the ventral, left, and right sides of the shaft is totally dead numb and without any sensation. Most of the dorsal side and all of the glans is unaffected and remains sensitive, just as it was before surgery. And about 50% of my scrotal sack is also numb and without any sensation. The incision is a bit tender and painful 9 weeks post op.

The IPP's pump bulb is very low in the scrotum such that it looks like I have a third testicle. And when I sit down, the pump bulb uncomfortably stretches the skin at the base of my ball sack and pinches against the perineum. To get comfortable, I usually have to sit with my legs apart -- and I find myself frequently adjusting the resting position of my flaccid dick.

In spite of all these post-op observations, having an inflatable hard dick is a lot better than having no hard dick. And sex is pretty good.

Question: For those of you who've had the IPP surgery, do you regain total sensation in the shaft and, if so, how long after surgery?

hard drive

Re: 9 Weeks Post-Op: 75% of Shaft is Dead Numb

Postby hard drive » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Sounds like you had a good result. I lost a lot of sensivity exactly as you described, and for me (18 months later), some sensivity has returned, but not much.

9 weeks isn't far enough along in the healing process to be concerned about anything you mentioned. Some guys have reported no loss or full return of sensivity in time. Keep using and pumping, it generally all gets better with time
harddrive

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:02 am

I choose the lgx vs the titan for several reasons, one of them being it would look normal flacid. And I think it does, at least mine does, however if you want it to look unobtrusive and hang limp, then you need to squeeze all of the fliud out of the shaft, this is easier if you hold the deflate button while squeezing. Like hard drive said it is too early to worry, but that bulge thing can be addressed now.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

asmith

Postby asmith » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:02 pm

knotreel wrote:I choose the lgx vs the titan for several reasons, one of them being it would look normal flacid. And I think it does, at least mine does, however if you want it to look unobtrusive and hang limp, then you need to squeeze all of the fliud out of the shaft, this is easier if you hold the deflate button while squeezing. Like hard drive said it is too early to worry, but that bulge thing can be addressed now.

Actually, I have fully emptied all of the fluid from the inflatable penile tubes, but I am still left with a dick that's as long flaccid as when erect and which also reveals a conspicuous bulge in my pants/shorts/jeans/swimsuit.

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:21 pm

well then, I hope it at least wiggley then, not still like a bratworst. I expect that the inflated lenght will grow as time goes on. Like many have said here, you have to inflate daily. Here's what I was told and did, inflate as much as you can once a day and work up to a full hour of inflated time
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

asmith

Postby asmith » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:56 pm

knotreel wrote:well then, I hope it at least wiggley then, not still like a bratworst. I expect that the inflated lenght will grow as time goes on. Like many have said here, you have to inflate daily. Here's what I was told and did, inflate as much as you can once a day and work up to a full hour of inflated time

I actually sleep with mine fully inflated (to the point of slight pain)... and then deflate it fully in the morning... and have done so since the day after surgery nine weeks ago.

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Hopefully time will improve things, mine grew about 3/4" very slowly, I'm at 15 months now. The pain for me early on, say till about month 4 or 5, was in the glans as the inflated shafts pushed there. As things streched out, that pain went away and whenever there is some pain on "streching" type inflation it is deep in the base, now that is pretty much gone too. You might find it useful to pump up as much as you can, wait several minutes then pump some more then do it again. Since you perfer to sleep with a stiffy, then before you get up you could try more rounds of pumping. I don't know about you but it had been awhile since I could have a morning boner, kind of nice to be able to have that again. I think what happens is you are limited on the amount of inflation on the first try until your tissue streches out some as I find that on the second and third rounds the frist few pumps are easy. I hope your numbness will inprove and I'll bet it will. Most people don't even start inflating anywhere as soon as you, so just be patient it takes awhile.

barfinkl1

Postby barfinkl1 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm

My penis (and my scrotum) is what I would classify as totally numb five months after LGX implant, but so many have said the feeling will return that I remain hopeful. My urologist prescribed neurontin for me for a month with no result. I haven't yet been able to have an orgasm since the implant. As far as sleeping erect all night, I did the same thing for several months...just enjoyed it being hard and hoped that it would hasten any additional length. But someone told me that Dr. Eid told him it can cause numbness too, so I quit and now, only inflate for an hour or so, generally in the evening before bed. I inquired to Dr. Eid and he said not to do it. I have taken that advice, given his stature in the implant world. I can provide you his quote if you're interested...it's somewhere in this forum and I will gladly look it up. I wouldn't have not had this implant. I'm very happy with it in all respects...when I get my feeling back, I'll be having some great orgasms.
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:13 pm

I agree that extreme prolonged pressure (pumped all night) CAN cause numbness. It puts pressure on the nerves and reduces blood flow.
harddrive

Return to “Implants”