Implant docs & choices

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SteveSW

Implant docs & choices

Postby SteveSW » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:42 pm

Gentlemen, I will be moving to St Louis in April, and have decided to get an implant ASAP after settling in my new city. Some have spoken positively about Dr Ryback(sp?) just across the river in Belleville, IL. Have any of you had him install your implant? My second choice, since he is within reach, is Levine in Chicago. He isn't on the high volume, recommended docs among the members here, and I've read some negative reviews about him. Again, I am seeking all of your opinions and accounts of experiences with either doctor. Thanks! Steve
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

NeedleD

Re: Implant docs & choices

Postby NeedleD » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:47 pm

SteveSW wrote:Gentlemen, I will be moving to St Louis in April, and have decided to get an implant ASAP after settling in my new city. Some have spoken positively about Dr Ryback(sp?) just across the river in Belleville, IL. Have any of you had him install your implant? My second choice, since he is within reach, is Levine in Chicago. He isn't on the high volume, recommended docs among the members here, and I've read some negative reviews about him. Again, I am seeking all of your opinions and accounts of experiences with either doctor. Thanks! Steve

Go with Levine! I'm waiting to get mine from him, he's a great Uro and many here are happy with him. He's done over 3500 implants.
Use Super Quadmix due to severe Venous leak.Have a GREAT DAY!

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:43 pm

Dr. Levine recently did mine and my experience has been excellent.

Some more details:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13560&start=70
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:34 pm

SteveSW wrote:Gentlemen, I will be moving to St Louis in April, and have decided to get an implant ASAP after settling in my new city. Some have spoken positively about Dr Ryback(sp?) just across the river in Belleville, IL. Have any of you had him install your implant? My second choice, since he is within reach, is Levine in Chicago. He isn't on the high volume, recommended docs among the members here, and I've read some negative reviews about him. Again, I am seeking all of your opinions and accounts of experiences with either doctor. Thanks! Steve

Levine implanted me 12 weeks ago. I've known him a long time. I'll re-paste here some of my comments on Levine from another recent thread here on FT. Please absolutely feel free to contact me privately here if you would like to chat more, chat live by phone, etc. Levine is absolutely a high volume expert with implantation and in my opinion he's quietly one of the absolute best at this craft. He's just a bit under the radar, and by his conscious choice. Not comfortable being a beat-the-chest self promoter. But, as one of the other Levine guys mentioned here in response to something I said about Levine - if you're looking for endless, warm, touch-feelies and a new facebook friend, Levine is probably not your guy. But if you're looking for an absolute wizard with the knife...you're crazy not to consider him.

Below cut from one of my posts, this is my thread if you find value:

viewtopic.php?t=13560

---------------------------

My satisfaction with this guy could not be higher at the moment.

I've known him for 9 years. He has treated my hypogonadism/testosterone replacement and my ED. Took me from pills into injections. I left him for insurance plan reasons for several years and was not thrilled with the other guy. Came back to Levine in 2019 when I had 2 years of evidence that injections were coming to an end for me and I knew an implant was next. I did the implant-specific research on Levine and never looked back. I always trusted his judgment and implant was no different. I think he's done something approaching 3,000 implants.

If you read through my stuff you'll see my post-implant experience in some detail...short version? He's an absolute pro. A perfectionist. Never a moment in my 9 years of knowing him that he's given me the remotest reason to not fully trust him with my dick, my body overall, and my sex life as a result. He listens. He does not have a pre-determined linear way of thinking. The place we got to, for me...was in no small part because I was extremely blunt and open and graphic with him and proactive in explaining my goals. What I was accustomed to my dick doing, and what I needed it to do for us in the future. He is quietly confident. He just knows what he's doing. My surgery went 2 hours. He explained to me why he spent the somewhat considerable extra time. It's the perfectionist in him. I had some fibrotic tissue. He wanted it perfect. He uses both manufacturer's devices. I don't know that I would trust someone who doesn't. We talked about the generally recognized differences between the two companies' devices and he recommended a Titan for me because of my pre-op size being on the large side. He explained to me the pros and cons in his mind of both. Ultimately was my call but he was very diligent in explaining his bias for my particular measurement and situation being better matched to Titan. He sizes aggressively and with the perfectionist's eye. He honest to god wants you to love your dick afterward and have awesome experiences. He's vested in guys being happy. Very authentic guy.

Communication style is extremely low key. As I've mentioned elsewhere, he's not a flashy glitzy marketer like some other guys. His website isn't amazing. I just don't think he is comfortable beating his own drum much. Not his thing. I just would say, don't let his lack of self-promotion sway your opinion. Keep your thoughts on what his skills are with the knife in hand. He's low key. Listens. Pauses before he answers. Considers. Answers thoughtfully and credibly. He's got a talented PA and a very personable, quite talented young urology fellow there. I trust them all implicitly.

Message me if you like. I'm happy to talk live. Obviously I'm a fan, but I'll be happy to answer any other questions.
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:58 am

Thanks guys! I knew I could depend on the people on this board to give me good info. Very reassuring.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Return to “Implants”