Revision or repair

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SW0110

Revision or repair

Postby SW0110 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:23 pm

Looking at a repair of the titan with the original implant surgeon, or having my local urologist just replace it with an lgx.

If I go with the lgx, I just hope it does a good job of keeping the peyronies at bay with regular cycling.

If I go with the lgx, i will definitely be able to give an opinion on both. I will have had the titan for a year. It just stopped inflating one day.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

fourkeys

Re: Revision or repair

Postby fourkeys » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Urologist confirms problem with implant. Titan is guaranteed but I want to know if Medicare will cover the DR & Hospital fees the second time around. My supplemental policy covered part of it the first time but without Medicare as the primary payer that wouldn't apply. I've searched the internet and haven't found anyone with the revision surgery or answer about the cost. Thanks

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:10 pm

it is shocking the high number of premature failures of Titan.
Damn
Titan 24cm . December 2015

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:55 pm

maxxxxx wrote:it is shocking the high number of premature failures of Titan.
Damn

Got stats for that? Anecdotal evidence is often misleading. And the type of failure is also important to consider.

Dr. Eid told me (this was in 2017) that the failure rates were similar for AMS and Coloplast, but that the AMS inflatable tubes failed more often than the Coloplast inflatable tubes and the Coloplast fittings and pump failed more often than the AMS fittings and pump. So, a full revision might be unnecessary with a Coloplast, if replacing a failed connecting fitting and refilling the reservoir would suffice. Of course, this is also anecdotal and speculative.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”