Intro and a question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
andrew1959nj

Re: Intro and a question

Postby andrew1959nj » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:06 pm

I used Dr. Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad in Hackensack NJ. He has been my urologist for 9 years and I finally had him install a Titan just last year. He does about 300 implants a year and uses the same techniques as Dr. Eid. He is the most thorough Doctor I have ever had. We used pills, injections, testosterone and custom combinations. He was a Coloplast center of excelence but now uses AMS too.

I'm very happy with my implant. I only wish that I had the balls to have had it done 10 years ago.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

stephen54

Re: Intro and a question

Postby stephen54 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:00 am

exr001 wrote:Hi guys, new member here been lurking for some time but finally decided to register. Been suffering with ED since shortly after my diagnosis of diabetes back in 2005. Have done the pills with very little effect, working with Tri-Mix which is losing effect. My urologist mentioned switching to Quad-Mix to see how that goes. So I guess I'm getting to the point that many of you have were I'm starting to consider the ultimate option.

I'm married to a beautiful wife who is very supportive, but I can tell is frustrated at times. We've both started doing research and I've even shown her this board and had her read some of your reports on what to expect. She's apprehensive and would never ask me to do this, but as I told her, it's about me not about her asking.

I have a couple questions:

I live in the Philly region, but don't want to travel to either NY or Baltimore to see one of the two giants in the field. Who have others in the area seen?

My current Uro has performed the surgery before and says she averages a couple a month. She did a Fellowship under Morey in Texas so she's had experience. Would you consider someone like this?

Trying to figure out how much time I would need to take off from work for this. I'm guessing about a month, but would welcome hearing what others did.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I continue reading and getting past that last hurdle of fear with this. Thanks for letting me into this brotherhood, I hope I can contribute something.

BTW, I know I've got a weird username. You can just refer to me as E.

Welcome, "E".

I also lurked here for a good long while before more actively jumping in to the conversations, and by the time I did jump in, I had already committed in my mind to using the surgeon I used here in Chicago. So FT did not sway me in that regard. I found all the conversations helpful here, though, in one way or another, in considering the stories of the myriad things all the guys have experienced, and FT really helped me to frame out my questions for my surgeon and to help level-set my thoughts and goals and particularly my expectations going into implantation. I just happened to already be a patient of a very low key guy who is probably, very quietly, among the best at this...so I was fortunate in that regard.

It's interesting, I mean...to the casual observer here (and this is supported by typing names into the FT search function) there are about precisely 2 guys doing 99% of the implants on the planet. It's comically untrue in reality, but it's just how it comes across here. The excitement applied to those 2 surgeons (while apparently warranted by both of their overall track records) somehow regularly obscures a whole bunch of surgeons who, on a daily basis, quietly and mostly unceremoniously go about the business of giving guys outstanding new dicks via superior surgical skills.

I think it's fair and legitimate to just ask the question about why a handful of penile implant surgeons are such fierce marketers of themselves. And right now I'm sure their FT supporters are lining up to slap me back. But I'm not remotely suggesting that they're not absolutely top-qualified surgeons. Not at all. I'm just wondering aloud why a guy needs dozens and dozens of YouTube videos and slick marketing to ply this trade?

My dad just had a major heart surgery and while he and the family exercised a hell of a lot of diligence in determining and choosing what we thought to be the "right" surgeon, nowhere in our decision making process did we find dramatic online videos nor aggressive direct to consumer marketing of their heart surgery prowess to drive our decisions. Somehow, other surgeons who work on non-penis parts of the body, they also all go about their craft (mostly) quietly allowing their reputations to speak for themselves and not dramatically beating their chests in self-adulation. It's not a this-or-that discussion. A guy can be an outstanding surgeon and still be a bit of a shameless marketer who sort of exhausts me for some reason. Just a personal thing for me. I wanted someone with the utmost (experience-based, well-founded) confidence...but I also valued some degree of humility. The other unnerves me for some reason.

I can't speak for Philadelphia area if you're committed to staying very close to home, but I guess I just encourage you to do your diligence, dig in, and if you do nothing else at this juncture, get your big deep list of questions and get ready to interview surgeons. Like...seriously...really interview them. Ask the right questions, focus on what is demonstrable and objectively verifiable, and if they seem put off or impatient by the depth and seriousness of your interviewing them...maybe move on. You'll find a good fit if you just prepare seriously and if you assert yourself constantly through this process.

Good luck, E! Awesome fun new world ahead for you and your wife. I'm only about 12 weeks in myself but can tell you already this sweet Titan is a damn miracle and we couldn't be happier thus far. Keep us updated!
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

Return to “Implants”