Dr. Jesse Mills @ UCLA

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
barrylandon

Dr. Jesse Mills @ UCLA

Postby barrylandon » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:24 am

Hey guys...please post or PM me if you have had implantation by Dr. Jesse Mills @ UCLA in Los Angeles and let me know about your experience. Thanks!
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 76 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

JerryG

Re: Dr. Jesse Mills @ UCLA

Postby JerryG » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:43 pm

Hey BarryLandon:

I haven't had an implant yet with Dr. Mills but I met him and I'm considering it. I had an initial consult with him and found him very pleasant and professional. He responded promptly to an email question as follows: "I usually perform about 50-75 a year, have been in practice since 2008, not sure exact numbers this year. I am an international proctor for Boston Scientific so I teach courses on technique around the world and in the States. Complication rate is low--main complications are infections and mechanical failures--both of which in my hands is very low. In my experience, the key thing to picking a surgeon is one you're comfortable with and has an excellent reputation."

Let me know if you hear anything further about Dr. Mills. I'm also considering Dr. Loh-Doyle at USC and Dr. Karpman in Mountain View. How about you?

barrylandon

Postby barrylandon » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:54 pm

Hi Jerry G. Thanks for posting. I've met with Dr. Mills twice and completely concur with your observations. The only thing that bothers me a little about him is that he has a financial incentive to use Boston Medical AMS devices and only does a few implants a year of Coloplast devices and only when a patient insists. I've already had 2 ultrasounds done by his PA Keith which showed blood flow, venous leakage and some minor calcification. The other doctors I've strongly considered are Eid in New York and Levine in Chicago. It will be Mills if I elect to go ahead with the implant but I have to overcome STRONG objection to the surgery from my wife of 36 years! Hopefully, we'll get some posts from guys who already had the procedure done by Dr. Mills. Best of luck to you!
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 76 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:53 am

I am not advertising for him, but Dr Loh-Doyle e-mail is: jlohdoyle@usc.edu. He says he is on track to do 150-200 a year. In the last 2 years he has done 80 and assisted with Dr Boyd on 300.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”