Update and Question/Issue

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
readyforchange

Update and Question/Issue

Postby readyforchange » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi Everyone:

I wish I was on here more! Work has been a headache but a good kind.

Let me say this: getting an implant has been miraculous and I have no regrets. The people on this forum are incredible. To that point, I thank all of you.

So the last two days, I’ve had some weird issues with the pump. Yesterday, I had to inflate/hit deflate button protocol to get the “pop” and it took about 7 attempts. Today, I’ve been pressing and pressing with no switch over/pop to the inflate and I’ve also attempted the inflate/hit deflate button about 20ish times. It’s not clicking!

I would attempt to do the block reset but due to the position of the pump, I’m not sure exactly where the other end of the block is for purposes of resetting the device.

Any thoughts/suggestions/advice?

Thanks guys!
32, ED stemming from spinal meningitis in 2008. Thereafter used pills with little success. Injections were cumbersome and I developed Peyronies. On 9/5/19, implant performed by Dr. Kramer.

oldbeek

Re: Update and Question/Issue

Postby oldbeek » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:11 pm

Is the block too high? Can you hold the tubes while you pump? Cant understand why you can't feel both ends of the bar. Saw where Kramer had to repair pump placement on a few guys that pump was set to high in the sack.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:39 pm

If it doesn't pop with the first squeeze of the bulb squeeze a second time and see if it pops then. That happened to me a lot for a long time but after a year very rarely. You can also call your AMS rep. Should have a number in your paperwork. They have resets not on the DVD in your packet and that way you have a record with AMS of the problem.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Hey Man! Glad to see you’re still around! So, my pump healed sort of on its side so the two parts you would usually squeeze together are not able to be squeezed like on yours… One side is stuck to the top of my scrotum basically… I tried pushing just the one side of the pump really hard… Probably a bad idea in retrospect but it worked enough to reset it LOL… I can compare the pain to really pissing off your strongest girlfriend and her knee and you in the jewels… anyway, more seriously, while you hit the deflate button, Squeeze simultaneously on your shaft to send the fluid in at a little bit higher of a pressure… This works for me… Give that a go, if it doesn’t work check back! Best luck, my man…
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

readyforchange

Postby readyforchange » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Thanks! Going to Kramer next week. The pump bulb isn't hard and it gives but nothing is flowing. I may attempt a reset and trying to get my hands on both ends of the block tonight!
32, ED stemming from spinal meningitis in 2008. Thereafter used pills with little success. Injections were cumbersome and I developed Peyronies. On 9/5/19, implant performed by Dr. Kramer.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:06 pm

readyforchange wrote:Thanks! Going to Kramer next week. The pump bulb isn't hard and it gives but nothing is flowing. I may attempt a reset and trying to get my hands on both ends of the block tonight!

Have you reached out to the Patient Liaison. They usually can talk you through processes and they are already paid for.

Is your implant Coloplast or AMS and what model of pump (Coloplast has a few different models in inventory currently being implanted)?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

readyforchange

Postby readyforchange » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:19 pm

I did and they provided me so techniques. It’s really odd! I’m sort of lost as to what to do. I think the valve is stuck on deflate and won’t click over.

I have the AMS LGX 700.

I might try the hitting deflate and pumping at the same time technique to reset.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:57 pm

readyforchange wrote:I did and they provided me so techniques. It’s really odd! I’m sort of lost as to what to do. I think the valve is stuck on deflate and won’t click over.

I have the AMS LGX 700.

I might try the hitting deflate and pumping at the same time technique to reset.

Thanks.

Have you tried depressing the deflate valve DEEPLY, then moving to the pump bulb and making a couple of SWIFT, ENERGETIC squeezes of the pump bulb (I hold the valve body steady with one hand-reaching over my penis with thumb and forefinger and operating the pump bulb with the other hand). The deep press on the deflate button might be necessary to re-set it to deflate completely, then the inflation squeeze to "flop" the valve from deflate to inflate. A cycle through the full extent of travel.

Kind of like an electrically operated car door lock. If the lock partially depressed by someone on the handle, the electric lock cannot cycle the lock effectively. So, you cycle the lock back and forth to FULL travel in order to get the lock unlocked completely.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

readyforchange

Postby readyforchange » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:42 pm

I’ll give that a try! It’s very odd.

One question I have is whether you guys squeeze and squeeze until you get the pop? Or do you squeeze once and then hit the deflate button?

I think that might be an issue...i think I tend to look for the pop which comes after two or three firm presses but now I’ve been unable to get the pop altogether and it’s not taking.

Anyhow, thanks for the tips!

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:05 pm

readyforchange wrote:I’ll give that a try! It’s very odd.

One question I have is whether you guys squeeze and squeeze until you get the pop? Or do you squeeze once and then hit the deflate button?

I think that might be an issue...i think I tend to look for the pop which comes after two or three firm presses but now I’ve been unable to get the pop altogether and it’s not taking.

Anyhow, thanks for the tips!

About 20% of the time, when I squeeze the inflation bulb (the valve having been left in deflate position) I get the pop of the valve flipping to inflate mode on the first squeeze. The rest of the time almost always the pop comes with the second squeeze. I always try to make these squeezes deep and firm. Extremely rarely does it take a third squeeze.

Make sure to hold that valve body securely. You don't want your squeezing hand to slip and squeeze a testicle by accident.

Nowadays, I get the pump bulb securely caught in the crook of my forefinger joint and press against the base of my thumb. I get a lot of leverage that way.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”