Break from Cycling

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jolum87

Break from Cycling

Postby Jolum87 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:14 am

Would it be ok if we took a few days break of cycling? Would the penis contract?

oneperson

Re: Break from Cycling

Postby oneperson » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:02 am

I don't think so. In my case, I had to break cycling during 10 days, two weeks or so after begin cycling, because I had an issue with the pump and I was not able to inflate the cylinders. My doctor view it and dated my for enter the OR and see what happened and how to solve it as soon as he can, 2 weeks later. A few days before surgery, I was able to pump again, so there was no need of surgery.

I didn't lose any lengh. What I experimented was that pain appeared some pumps before the point of pain days ago, before the issue, so I had to pump less. But in a week or so, everything was the same.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

Lost Sheep

Re: Break from Cycling

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:44 pm

Jolum87 wrote:Would it be ok if we took a few days break of cycling? Would the penis contract?

A few days, no problem. A few weeks, maybe.

I recently had surgery on my hand and wore a removable splint/cast for a month. Muscle atrophy was quite evident. My physical therapist says that two weeks of non-use will result in muscle mass loss. Shrinkage of your tunica albuginea would take a LOT longer, but would start on day one. Recovery of RECENTLY lost size is similarly slow and doable.

The bad news is that daily cycling (in an intact man, nocturnal erections) maintains penile health and size, so daily cycling of an implant is a good idea.

The good news is that size loss is EXTREMELY slow and recovery of recently lost size is fairly easy to do if you are diligent.

Others will weigh in and say that I paint a dismal picture and they would be correct. With no irony, "Don't sweat the small stuff." The contraction you would experience in a few days or even weeks is probably on the order of the invisible. It is that slow.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”