Hotel recommendations and length of stay

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Mooseskull333

Hotel recommendations and length of stay

Postby Mooseskull333 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Hello. I have been reading this site for a few years. I am the wife of a man who will be implanted on February 14 (we chose that date) at the Manhattan Eye Ear Throat clinic. He has preop appointments on Feb. 11 and 12. We live 4 hours away. Our initial thought was to drive home right after surgery, but we have reconsidered that and would like to extend our stay through at least the 15th. Does anyone have recommendations for a hotel nearby? I think the Afinity is directly across the street. Any experiences there would be appreciated. Also, has anyone had the surgery and gone home with no postop appointment with the doctor? Due to a number of complications with my husbands prostatectomy in March of 2015 (where we traveled 3 hours to have one of the best urologists do the surgery) we are more than just a bit apprehensive about any further surgeries, but we would like to restablish our intimacy. We are looking forward to renewing our love life in a more spontaneous fashion, perhaps not in time for our 30th anniversary on March 3, but soon thereafter. My husband has joined this site, but he is not very good with the technology. Thank you for reading and any thoughts you would like to share will be welcomed.

Agfa13

Re: Hotel recommendations and length of stay

Postby Agfa13 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:38 pm

Wow! Congrats on the anniversary and I must commend you on your positiveness on this subject.
I am not from around there, I am here in Maryland, but your thoughtfulness on all the traveling is a big plus. Most guys on here will say the traveling right after the surgery is easy *IF* the roads are smooth, no bumps, and no heavy or sharp turns. Aside from the grogginess, his penis will be bandaged up, but not his scrotum, so glad you are staying a day later (he will be in a bitchy mood afterwards, but pretty sure you can handle that, lol). All he will want to do is sleep all day right after the surgery.
From here on out, you will have to be patient, probably until May, but make sure to listen to the aftercare instructions because we are all different, esp. on the meds part, when to shower vs. bathe (I was not given the go ahead for a bath until 3 weeks, another guy on here was given 3 days!)
Has he been reading up on what clothes he needs (jockstraps, underwear with a hole just for penis, etc.)?
There will be times when being naked will fit the bill;)!
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Lost Sheep

Re: Hotel recommendations and length of stay

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:37 pm

And, before the catheter is removed, one of the hospital portable urinals.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”