Retired: Livin' the Bionic Life

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
airwolff

Retired: Livin' the Bionic Life

Postby airwolff » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:48 am

I have had several surgeries in the past for varies replacement parts. :D I have been able to drive after the customary 24 hours wait due to anesthesia. Has anyone had problems driving after getting their implant due to pain or other things? I am at T-3 days for my implant and would like to drive home a few days later rather then my wife.
65 y/o, Married 32 years, ED 20+ years due to T2D and HTN. Tried pills and VED. Implant 1/23/20 by Dr Kramer. Titan 20 cm +1rt.

mikestap

Re: Retired: Livin' the Bionic Life

Postby mikestap » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:10 pm

Everyone is different. Every surgery may have varied outcomes. Home is near or far. My advice to all this uncertainty is to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Be safe,
Mike
64 Years. RALP 2013. Received 22cm Titan Dec 20, 2017 by Dr Hakky. See results at download/file.php?id=5320 and download/file.php?id=4754
Revision 3-25-21 24 cm XL No RTE

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:05 pm

airwolff wrote:I have had several surgeries in the past for varies replacement parts. :D I have been able to drive after the customary 24 hours wait due to anesthesia. Has anyone had problems driving after getting their implant due to pain or other things? I am at T-3 days for my implant and would like to drive home a few days later rather then my wife.

I have gone so far as to recommend renting a motor home or camper van for the trip home after surgery. In that way, you could stay horizontal for most of the trip. I stayed in bed for 3 weeks after surgery, though at two weeks I could easily have gone back to work. I had the leave time and felt like taking it easy. After one week, I could have gome back to work easily, but expect I would have taken half-days off.

I read of one member here who, one day after surgery, mowed his lawn. But he regretted it the following day.

Err on the side of caution is my advice. Not to frighten you or anyone reading this. Just to be safe and to make the post-op experience as easy as possible. There is no crying need to be "macho", is there?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 pm

I am the new kid on the block. That being said, the big factor in when can you drive is are you on pain killers. Opipds and driving do not mix. I did not drive home from New Orleans because they recommended a pain pill for the ride home. I really did not need it (thank goodness). After that I did not take any pain meds. With that said a couple of days out I could drive. I chose no to because I was busy icing the boys and dick. Around day 5 I got in my truck and drove to a friends house. After that I drove where ever I wanted to go.

Others that I know said not a chance! They felt like there privates were hit by a hammer. It is just very personal. Everyone has a different tolerance for pain.

Good luck and do let us know what you decide.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Did a roughly 150 mile drive two days after surgery to go to Dr and back (75 miles each way).

Did 200 miles the following day.

No real problems or issues.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:58 pm

airwolff wrote:I have had several surgeries in the past for varies replacement parts. :D I have been able to drive after the customary 24 hours wait due to anesthesia. Has anyone had problems driving after getting their implant due to pain or other things? I am at T-3 days for my implant and would like to drive home a few days later rather then my wife.

Did not drive myself home from surgery obviously, and rested on day 2, but day 3 onward was entirely normal in terms of driving and returning to a scaled back version of daily activities. No lifting of any significance. Rest a lot more than you think you need to. A couple days of intermittent ice to the 'ol sac, etc. My surgery was shockingly pain-free afterward, nothing I would describe as "pain", just discomfort and the generalized initial weirdness of having a prosthesis now in my body. I took a couple Vicodin prophylactically in case pain set in, but they were unnecessary in my case, fortunately. Seems like this surgical recovery runs the complete bell curve from my experience way on up to pretty difficult for some guys depending on the skill set of their surgeon and their own particular body's recovery capabilities...
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

airwolff

Postby airwolff » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Had my pre surgery meeting this morning with Dr. Kramer everything go for tomorrow. By this time tomorrow I'll have my implant. :) Great Dr., great personality.
65 y/o, Married 32 years, ED 20+ years due to T2D and HTN. Tried pills and VED. Implant 1/23/20 by Dr Kramer. Titan 20 cm +1rt.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:50 pm

Good luck I hope your as happy with you new dick asI am with mine.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

airwolff

Postby airwolff » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:43 pm

Checked in at 0700, Prep, to OR by 0820, done by 1000 and on my back to motel by 1030. Fell great! Awesome Doctor and team. Will update later. Oh, no pain yet.

airwolff

Postby airwolff » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:12 am

Its Saturday morning relaxing at home watching TV, no pain, some discomfort due to swelling in scrotum, will ice later. As far as pain goes, I've been pain free (I rate it at less than 1 on a scale of 10) using ibuprofen to control it. I've been pain free since waking up from surgery. Dr. Kramer stopped by hotel room later in the evening after surgery to checkup on me; gave me the green light to drive home the next day. (4.5 Hour drive)

For anyone flying in, BWI airport is about 10 minutes away. I think it's a Southwest Airline Hub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBKqX_qr_fA

Return to “Implants”