Inflation Pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
St1pan2019

Inflation Pain

Postby St1pan2019 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:52 am

Just want to hear from you guys and your experience with inflation and any pain or not. I am post op day 11 and when I try to inflate to max there is a lot of pain / discomfort in the tips so I can’t get to max inflation as I know I can still squeeze the bulb if I needed to. Is this normal to feel this much discomfort in the tips when inflating? I see some on here just say they feel pressure and stretching of the shaft. I’m sure the pain in the tips will go away with time just wondering how long and what some of your experiences were like regarding amount of time? I’d really like to be able to get to max inflation so as to maximize the post op length. How long before you guys were able to get to max inflation after surgery??
40 yrs old, ED from Scleroderma since 2010, married since 2004, was using VED/rings for sex as injections/pills didn't work, Also on Testosterone injection therapy
Implanted 1/9/2020
Dr. Eid, Titan Touch 20+1cm rte
Reside in Ontario, Canada

stephen54

Re: Inflation Pain

Postby stephen54 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:49 am

St1pan2019 wrote:Just want to hear from you guys and your experience with inflation and any pain or not. I am post op day 11 and when I try to inflate to max there is a lot of pain / discomfort in the tips so I can’t get to max inflation as I know I can still squeeze the bulb if I needed to. Is this normal to feel this much discomfort in the tips when inflating? I see some on here just say they feel pressure and stretching of the shaft. I’m sure the pain in the tips will go away with time just wondering how long and what some of your experiences were like regarding amount of time? I’d really like to be able to get to max inflation so as to maximize the post op length. How long before you guys were able to get to max inflation after surgery??

I'm 9 weeks post-implant, Titan XL, was sized aggressively and tips are up into the glans as they should be. I've only been cycling about 3 weeks or so. I can't imagine how unpleasant it might have been cycling very early like some physicians' protocol calls for...but then again, plenty of guys do that successfully and get through it just fine. I have some discomfort in the glans around the cylinder tips when I'm maximally inflated for a period of time...let's say after the 30-40 minute mark I am aware of some growing discomfort there. It's not to the level where I need to deflate or stop. At one hour and over, it gets uncomfortable for sure. I'm motivated to deflate. If we are having sex, as you might expect, I'm somehow magically NOT as motivated to deflate and somehow the identical discomfort I find my way to ignore much more readily than when I'm cycling alone. I'm sore afterward for a bit but it tends to pass within a couple hours more or less. Even over these 3 weeks of beginning to cycle, my discomfort there has lessened, and it has taken longer at 100% to get to the point of discomfort. I definitely see and feel progress...slow...but progress.
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:09 pm

More that two years post-op I still get pain in my glans when pumped to 100% and leaving it at that state for more than an hour or so. After 90 minutes it will wake me from sleep.

This is a vast reduction over the first few weeks post-op and continues to lessen as time goes on.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

St1pan2019

Postby St1pan2019 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:19 pm

stephen54 wrote:
St1pan2019 wrote:Just want to hear from you guys and your experience with inflation and any pain or not. I am post op day 11 and when I try to inflate to max there is a lot of pain / discomfort in the tips so I can’t get to max inflation as I know I can still squeeze the bulb if I needed to. Is this normal to feel this much discomfort in the tips when inflating? I see some on here just say they feel pressure and stretching of the shaft. I’m sure the pain in the tips will go away with time just wondering how long and what some of your experiences were like regarding amount of time? I’d really like to be able to get to max inflation so as to maximize the post op length. How long before you guys were able to get to max inflation after surgery??

I'm 9 weeks post-implant, Titan XL, was sized aggressively and tips are up into the glans as they should be. I've only been cycling about 3 weeks or so. I can't imagine how unpleasant it might have been cycling very early like some physicians' protocol calls for...but then again, plenty of guys do that successfully and get through it just fine. I have some discomfort in the glans around the cylinder tips when I'm maximally inflated for a period of time...let's say after the 30-40 minute mark I am aware of some growing discomfort there. It's not to the level where I need to deflate or stop. At one hour and over, it gets uncomfortable for sure. I'm motivated to deflate. If we are having sex, as you might expect, I'm somehow magically NOT as motivated to deflate and somehow the identical discomfort I find my way to ignore much more readily than when I'm cycling alone. I'm sore afterward for a bit but it tends to pass within a couple hours more or less. Even over these 3 weeks of beginning to cycle, my discomfort there has lessened, and it has taken longer at 100% to get to the point of discomfort. I definitely see and feel progress...slow...but progress.

Thanks for the response. I see your pain starts after the 30-40 min mark where as mine starts to hurt immediately. Could just be that my docs protocol of starting early and some other factors contributing to the immediate pain. He really had to create an opening and remove scar tissue on the right side to even get the tips up high enough in the glan.
40 yrs old, ED from Scleroderma since 2010, married since 2004, was using VED/rings for sex as injections/pills didn't work, Also on Testosterone injection therapy
Implanted 1/9/2020

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:49 pm

Right...so just be patient. You'll know your body. I honestly see progress every few days, it seems like. It's fairly incredible to me, some of the physicians who start with the very early, almost immediate cycling protocols. There's still so much edema and turmoil everywhere down there. I couldn't even find how to grasp my valve until week 5-6. Even though I did not appreciate any swelling in my sac, my doctor definitely schooled me otherwise. I give you credit for cycling so early! I still have the training wheels on my Titan.

But my god, this thing likes to be used... :lol:
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:56 pm

20 months since IPP. If I pump hard I am still in pain almost immediately. Can only stand it for 10 or 15 minutes. To much pain for enjoyable sex.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

St1pan2019

Postby St1pan2019 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:13 am

oldbeek wrote:20 months since IPP. If I pump hard I am still in pain almost immediately. Can only stand it for 10 or 15 minutes. To much pain for enjoyable sex.

That’s my issue. It starts to hurt right away. I know I’m only like 13 days post op but it worries me when there are still members here who still have immediate pain and have been implanted for quite some time. Only time will tell for me as I guess each cases is different.
Implanted 1/9/2020

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:56 pm

oldbeek wrote:20 months since IPP. If I pump hard I am still in pain almost immediately. Can only stand it for 10 or 15 minutes. To much pain for enjoyable sex.

What does your physician say about this? This cannot be a casual shrug of the shoulders aw shucks we're just not sure kind of response from your healthcare team, right?

What are your physician's thoughts? Is there a recommendation in terms of anything that can be done diagnostically in order to drill down and possibly better understand what is still causing you this difficulty so acutely and so long after implant?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:01 pm

At what degree of inflation and rigidity does the pain come? That is, is the pain there before you have enough rigidity for sex? Is it in the shaft, within your crus or in the glans?
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:12 am

St1pan2019 wrote:

That’s my issue. It starts to hurt right away. I know I’m only like 13 days post op but it worries me when there are still members here who still have immediate pain and have been implanted for quite some time. Only time will tell for me as I guess each cases is different.

Wasn't the inside of your penis filled with scar tissue? Have you tried taking a pain killer and cycling to see if it lessens the pain so you can soldier through it? (provided that doctor eid says this pain is normal?)

Return to “Implants”