Cardiac Clearance - One step closer

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
peyroniesjr

Cardiac Clearance - One step closer

Postby peyroniesjr » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Good afternoon All,

I got cardiac clearance on Tuesday, I'm getting anxious waiting to hear back.

My heart doctor told me that they would fax my cardiac clearance that day. I called the high volume doctor office in NY. I was told once they receive it, they will send it off to the Anesthesiologist to get his approval/ schedule.

Do any you remember how long it took from that time to get your operation scheduled?

I don't want to sit back too long & lose another week or there.

For instance I had scheduled to see a heart dr. & the I was scheduled out 6 weeks & then I schedule at a different practice & I only had to wait a week.

I'm trying to be proactive & be an advocate for myself.

Thanks

Junior
Implant Titan 2/21/2020 / 67 yrs / Married 44 yrs /ED / Peyronies 70 degrees - Xiaflex/ Low T / & RALP 4/1/2019 (Nerve Sparing)

warrenw

Re: Cardiac Clearance - One step closer

Postby warrenw » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:16 pm

The only way to know Dr Eid's surgery schedule is to call his office and ask. The lead time depends on lots of factors like time of year, vacation schedules, etc. You don't need the cardiac clearance to schedule a surgery date, but it's not a confirmed date until the clearance is approved and all the lab tests are in. I scheduled my surgery date about one month out and before I had cardiac clearance.

Also, be quick about filling the prescriptions before you leave for NYC. I found I couldn't fill an out of state prescription in CA (for pain meds) so I had to wait until I arrived and almost ran out of time. If you are faced with that problem the doctor's staff can order the meds for you from a local pharmacy to pickup when you arrive.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Return to “Implants”