Titan, 5 weeks post op - loose skin?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
spirit

Titan, 5 weeks post op - loose skin?

Postby spirit » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:41 pm

I am 5 weeks post op today and have been cycling daily for 2 weeks. Bulb is softening a bit and getting easier. It maxes out after about 10-12 pumps and then the bulb gets hard as a rock. There is no pain whatsoever being pumped fully in the shaft because it is not stretching me. I still have great discomfort inside as the tubes or whatever are putting pressure on everything.

My question is due to there being loose skin when fully pumped, lengthwise and width-wise. I am about 2.5" less in length and guessing an inch in girth. The thing works great aside from this. I would not complain if I had shrunk and was filled out and "hoping to expand further". I also can bend the glans 90 degrees. I also have random sharp pain inside near the glans. I am guessing but it would seem by doing some math a 24cm XL would perhaps fill me out at this point.

Vacuum had given me my original length before surgery which stung at first but after several months was pain free. I am circumcised but I can pull the skin forward and cover the head when fully pumped and hard.

First vaginal sex was "scheduled" for next Wednesday but Wife and I think we should just try sooner and see what happens with all this loose skin going back and forth. She used to love this thing but can tell she is a bit disconcerted though she would not say that, she is worried more about me.

I am starting to have a sick feeling about this especially since everything went so well initially. I am looking for experiences with a Titan filling you out over time. I suspect that is not going to happen. Thoughts?
Last edited by spirit on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
58 YO, Married, T1 Diabetes, 5'10". 160. Stage-fright ED for years, did fine with pills, Penis Fracture in 2016 ended ALL erections. Used VED for 4 months prior to surgery. Implanted with 20cm Titan on 12/11/2019.

andrew1959nj

Re: Titan, 5 weeks post op - loose skin?

Postby andrew1959nj » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:05 pm

I'm 7 months post-op. I lost about 1" in both length and girth. Sometimes my skin looks a little loose when fully inflated. I use some lotion and its not noticeable. I'm pushing 61, some my skin isn't a supple as it used to be.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

vajim1

Postby vajim1 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:55 pm

You should gain some more in length and girth, when you cycle are you adding more pumps after waiting a few minutes and repeating this?
I know after I first pump up and then wait I get several more big pumps and after that less each time.
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:40 pm

spirit wrote:I am 5 weeks post op today and have been cycling daily for 2 weeks. Bulb is softening a bit and getting easier. It maxes out after about 10-12 pumps and then the bulb gets hard as a rock. There is no pain whatsoever being pumped fully.

My question is due to there being loose skin when fully pumped, lengthwise and width-wise. I am about 2" less in length and guessing an inch in girth. The thing works great aside from this. I would not complain if I had shrunk and was filled out and "hoping to expand further". I also can bend the glans 90 degrees. I am guessing but it would seem by doing some math a 24cm XL would perhaps fill me out at this point.

Vacuum had given me my original length before surgery which stung at first but after several months was pain free. I am circumcised but I can pull the skin forward and cover the head when fully pumped and hard.

First vaginal sex was "scheduled" for next Wednesday but Wife and I think we should just try sooner and see what happens with all this loose skin going back and forth. She used to love this thing but can tell she is a bit disconcerted though she would not say that, she is worried more about me.

I am starting to have a sick feeling about this especially since everything has gone so well (back to work after two days, no pain meds, no issues aside from size) I am looking for experiences with a Titan filling you out over time. I suspect that is not going to happen. Thoughts?

At first reading, it would appear you COULD be undersized. Have you seen the operating room report wherein the measurements your surgeon took of the insides of your tunica albuginea should be written down? Added together (as I understand it), they should equal the length of your implant (total length, RTEs included).

It seems to me that, especially with a Coloplast device fully inflated, you should not be able to bend the glans over (unless what I envision in my mind's eye is different from what you are seeing). Are you sure you are fully inflating the device? Your surgeon should be able to see that at your next visit or perhaps remember it from the operation.

I have read many reports that the Coloplast will fill out your tunica as the device is cycled, so the alarm you may have felt at my first paragraph is probably misplaced and as the Titan "breaks in" you will have your full size (and rigidity) restored and your penile skin at its normal stretched condition. This will probably improve your sensation as well. Reports I have read have this occurring over several months, usually.

Dr. Eid wrote to me that the Coloplast Titan is "tunica dependent" which I regard as suggesting that the Titan will stretch to meet your tunica's dimensions. I also read in one journal article that the Titan has unlimited expansion in length and girth, but regard that as perhaps a mis-statement.

In any event, keep pumping that thing up as long as it does not produce large amounts of discomfort. My AMS LGX does pressure my tunica (indicating I am maxed out in size which is OK because my implanted size is equal to or maybe a little bit better than my pre-op size when as fully erect as I could get with pills and stimulation). Getting "stretching" discomfort suggests to me that you have reached the "proper" size of your tunica and any increase after that will depend on your tunica actually changing dimensions, which should take years.

Keep in mind that I am not a medical professional of any kind. Most of the foregoing is observation of myself, second-hand reports from FrankTalk members, reading medical journals and my own speculations. But it's the best I have.

Edit: I used the wrong pronoun when I wrote
Getting "stretching" discomfort suggests to me that you have reached the "proper" size of your tunica and any increase after that will depend on your tunica actually changing dimensions, which should take years

Is should have been
Getting "stretching" discomfort suggests to me that I have reached the "proper" size of my tunica and any increase after that will depend on my tunica actually changing dimensions, which should take years, as my current size is my previous maximum.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

spirit

Postby spirit » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:15 pm

vajim1 wrote:You should gain some more in length and girth, when you cycle are you adding more pumps after waiting a few minutes and repeating this?
I know after I first pump up and then wait I get several more big pumps and after that less each time.

I will try to let it sit and see if I can get any more pumps. I have tried but only after a couple minutes.
58 YO, Married, T1 Diabetes, 5'10". 160. Stage-fright ED for years, did fine with pills, Penis Fracture in 2016 ended ALL erections. Used VED for 4 months prior to surgery. Implanted with 20cm Titan on 12/11/2019.

spirit

Postby spirit » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:34 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:At first reading, it would appear you COULD be undersized. Have you seen the operating room report wherein the measurements your surgeon took of the insides of your tunica albuginea should be written down? Added together (as I understand it), they should equal the length of your implant (total length, RTEs included).

I don't have that but can see what I can do to obtain it. I would definitely like to find out. The surgeon said I was shallow inside and only needed the 20cm implant. He had commented earlier in doing the DR Office pull the penis stretch test that I would have a nice size.

It seems to me that, especially with a Coloplast device fully inflated, you should not be able to bend the glans over (unless what I envision in my mind's eye is different from what you are seeing). Are you sure you are fully inflating the device? Your surgeon should be able to see that at your next visit or perhaps remember it from the operation.

I can bend the glans without any discomfort 90 degrees when fully inflated. It would seem that I should not be able to do this. AS I replied to the last post, I will attempt to try and get additional pumps are being pumped full for a time.

I have read many reports that the Coloplast will fill out your tunica as the device is cycled, so the alarm you may have felt at my first paragraph is probably misplaced and as the Titan "breaks in" you will have your full size (and rigidity) restored and your penile skin at its normal stretched condition. This will probably improve your sensation as well. Reports I have read have this occurring over several months, usually.

I am hoping this is the case and that the Titan does stretch out. There is nothing holding it back and has quite a bit to go it seems. I have full sensitivity as far as I can tell so far.

Dr. Eid wrote to me that the Coloplast Titan is "tunica dependent" which I regard as suggesting that the Titan will stretch to meet your tunica's dimensions. I also read in one journal article that the Titan has unlimited expansion in length and girth, but regard that as perhaps a mis-statement.

In any event, keep pumping that thing up as long as it does not produce large amounts of discomfort. My AMS LGX does pressure my tunica (indicating I am maxed out in size which is OK because my implanted size is equal to or maybe a little bit better than my pre-op size when as fully erect as I could get with pills and stimulation). Getting "stretching" discomfort suggests to me that you have reached the "proper" size of your tunica and any increase after that will depend on your tunica actually changing dimensions, which should take years.

I have zero discomfort pumping up or at a rock hard state... none. It looks kind of like a "semi" from before but the shaft is rock hard. It would be a relief at this point if I did feel discomfort as that would mean it IS expanding.

Keep in mind that I am not a medical professional of any kind. Most of the foregoing is observation of myself, second-hand reports from FrankTalk members, reading medical journals and my own speculations. But it's the best I have.

Thank you for replying. I am hesitant to do anything drastic until I can get an idea as to this Titans ability to fill me out. I will also see if my Wife can help me take a few images of the glans and loose skin. We are moving first test flight to tonight, week 5. We will take it easy and I will report on that outcome.

rdnkbiker

Postby rdnkbiker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:59 pm

I'm thinking at 5 weeks you have alot more size to go the material used is tough stuff like others before pump get the ball hard wait long enough to almost feel like your getting limp then pump some more you should be getting alot more pumps than what you have been doing it took me months to see more of my original size patiences it will get better
Jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:24 pm

spirit wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:At first reading, it would appear you COULD be undersized. Have you seen the operating room report wherein the measurements your surgeon took of the insides of your tunica albuginea should be written down? Added together (as I understand it), they should equal the length of your implant (total length, RTEs included).

I don't have that but can see what I can do to obtain it. I would definitely like to find out. The surgeon said I was shallow inside and only needed the 20cm implant. He had commented earlier in doing the DR Office pull the penis stretch test that I would have a nice size.

One possible explanation I was minded of by your surgeon's comment about being shallow inside is the possibility that he did not insert the measuring tool firmly enough, either into the crus proximally or into the glans area distally. It happens sometimes - the tip of the measuring tool not going where it should and hitting bottom too soon.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:31 pm

spirit wrote:In any event, keep pumping that thing up as long as it does not produce large amounts of discomfort. My AMS LGX does pressure my tunica (indicating I am maxed out in size which is OK because my implanted size is equal to or maybe a little bit better than my pre-op size when as fully erect as I could get with pills and stimulation). Getting "stretching" discomfort suggests to me that you have reached the "proper" size of your tunica and any increase after that will depend on your tunica actually changing dimensions, which should take years.

I have zero discomfort pumping up or at a rock hard state... none. It looks kind of like a "semi" from before but the shaft is rock hard. It would be a relief at this point if I did feel discomfort as that would mean it IS expanding.

Thank you for replying. I am hesitant to do anything drastic until I can get an idea as to this Titans ability to fill me out. I will also see if my Wife can help me take a few images of the glans and loose skin. We are moving first test flight to tonight, week 5. We will take it easy and I will report on that outcome.

I used the wrong pronoun when I wrote
Lost Sheep wrote:Getting "stretching" discomfort suggests to me that you have reached the "proper" size of your tunica and any increase after that will depend on your tunica actually changing dimensions, which should take years

Is should have been
Getting "stretching" discomfort suggests to me that I have reached the "proper" size of my tunica and any increase after that will depend on my tunica actually changing dimensions, which should take years, as my current size is my previous maximum.

Lack of discomfort when you inflate fully suggests that your Titan is not stretching your tunica. Yet. Keep pumping! Hopefully, the implant, as it is used and flexed and filled repeatedly will stretch to meet your tunica and stretch it to its "design" maximum parameters.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

rdnkbiker

Postby rdnkbiker » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:56 pm

In his first post he said im only getting 10 to 12 pumps he should be getting twice that many just keep cycling have some patients my 2 cents you have a lot to gain
Jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

Return to “Implants”