Testicle cyst surgery near pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
WyoMan

Testicle cyst surgery near pump

Postby WyoMan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Hello guys.
I have been diagnosed with a testicular cyst on left testis. When bumped it is sharply painful and at other times clothing can make it uncomfortable. The urologist says it is easily removed.
The problem is he said that with an implant there is a higher risk of infection to the implant pump. He said he would stay away from the pump as much as possible-My pump being on the right side.
I am scheduled for surgery February 13th, along with a green light laser proceedure of my prostate.
On the lighter side, the doctor ordered a sonogram of the cyst. Very soon after starting the sonogram the technition asked if I had had surgery in the area. I mentioned having an implant and she said what is it for-an injury or what. I explained it was for ED. She said she had never seen anything like that before. And "did it work?" She didn't know there was such a thing
My question for you guys is has any one had something like this or even surgery next to the prothesis and had problems or not.
Thanks for any replies.
80; married 57 years; HBP well controlled, overweight. Prostate Arterial Embolization Jan 2017: No indication of cancer. Injections failed. Implanted Nov. 2, 2018. Dr. Karin Dolan, Billings, Mt. AMS LGX 15 cm+2 2.5 cm RTE. 65 ml reservoir.

Return to “Implants”