Deflate issues

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Magicmike

Deflate issues

Postby Magicmike » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:28 am

Ok guys today is day 5. My surgeon like to start cycling on day 4. My surgery went great but I always worried about the part of deflation. On day 4 I inflated to about 50% and left for about 15 minutes. When it came down to deflation I totally lost. I tried and tried until after 6 hours I gave up called the doctor and scheduled an appointment for the next morning. My penis scrowdom are was very swollen and hurt like hell. Long story shot he was able to deflate me and we spent about 30 minutes on technique. Well here we go to and another day of cycling. I do not have enough confidence that I will be able to deflate so I very scared about pumping up. My question if I decide not to cycle for 2-3 weeks after the swelling goes down will I be doing myself any harm. Another thing that concerns me is that I a totally deflated and wake up in the morning with my dick looking deformed because of fluid retention really freaks me out. I'm stuck in the mud it's like the what do I do. I have no confidence in deflation and last time I worked on this issue for 6 hours and left me penis very sore. Not happy

stephen54

Re: Deflate issues

Postby stephen54 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:41 am

Magicmike wrote:Ok guys today is day 5. My surgeon like to start cycling on day 4. My surgery went great but I always worried about the part of deflation. On day 4 I inflated to about 50% and left for about 15 minutes. When it came down to deflation I totally lost. I tried and tried until after 6 hours I gave up called the doctor and scheduled an appointment for the next morning. My penis scrowdom are was very swollen and hurt like hell. Long story shot he was able to deflate me and we spent about 30 minutes on technique. Well here we go to and another day of cycling. I do not have enough confidence that I will be able to deflate so I very scared about pumping up. My question if I decide not to cycle for 2-3 weeks after the swelling goes down will I be doing myself any harm. Another thing that concerns me is that I a totally deflated and wake up in the morning with my dick looking deformed because of fluid retention really freaks me out. I'm stuck in the mud it's like the what do I do. I have no confidence in deflation and last time I worked on this issue for 6 hours and left me penis very sore. Not happy

Hey - you're going to do fine in time. You're putting a lot of stress on yourself here and I say that as a guy who has a high tolerance for pain, is confident and assured in a lot of things in life, and was also in complete panic-stricken fucking tears just about when I inflated at home the first time and it resulted in an urgent roundtrip to the surgeon's office to have them help me deflate. Not due to physical discomfort. But due to the emotional exhaustion and frustration which accompanied my not being able to accomplish what, on paper, seemed like a pretty straightforward task. It wasn't.

I wrote a post about this deflation thing...short version to answer your specific question...my surgeon put the brakes on my cycling entirely for an additional 2 weeks until my swelling in my sac resolved enough to allow me to more comfortably and confidently navigate the new architecture inside my sac. I did not perceive myself as still swollen at week 4. I couldn't have been more wrong. Those additional 2 weeks were the trick for me. I could MUCH better feel for and find and identify landmarks on that valve, and I was able to start cycling. I'm still not particularly good at deflating...I've got a ways to go. But it is working now. Not optimally. But it's working. I'm super aware that I need to fine tune some finger placement, pinching technique, etc...all I can say is, that swelling makes the valve movement and operation a real chore. That extra 2 weeks of patience waiting for the edema to settle and disperse...it cost me 2 weeks of cycling progress...but my doc said listen, big picture, you'll catch up and do fine. You're in this for the long haul.
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:11 pm

All this is completely normal, my friend… here’s the deal, my surgeon who is one of the best in the world waits for 3 to 4 weeks and even longer in some cases to start cycling… wait until you are comfortable with it! Can I recommend trying a couple of little pumps and then going for the deflate after those… Not a ton of pumps in case it does stay stuck but enough to know you pumped it and then were able to deflate it by yourself… do A few practice rounds until you are comfortable… Best of luck and congratulations!
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:03 pm

The fluid retention issue is completely normal and is often assumed to be "auto-inflation" of the implant which it is not. It totally resolves over time, weeks not days.

On the deflation issue, here's what I found. It was day 4 and I was 3000 miles from Dr Eid. I sat in a hot bath and felt around the pump for the deflate button without success, my scrotum was just a ball of "stuff" floating in the water, nothing like a button anywhere. Not being a bath guy I decided to try a shower instead. Standing up with a stream of hot water on my groin I could suddenly feel my way around the pump. It was like gravity was pulling the scrotum down and straightening it out, plus it wasn't floating anymore. Now I could actually feel the button with the nipple on it for the first time. That gave me the confidence to add a few pumps and then deflate, still in the shower. After that I could cycle as much as pain would allow.

I also found that my pump is oriented for left-hand deflate and right-hand pumping. I don't know if Dr Eid intended that but the orientation and height are fixed and secure. So my deflate is LH, index finder on the button & thumb on the backside. Right-hand deflate is much more difficult. So you might determine how your pump is oriented and which is the best hand to use and stick with that hand for now.

Hope that helps. Try cycling in the shower, and explore which hand allows the index finger most easily on the deflate button.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Return to “Implants”