Excercise

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Magicmike

Excercise

Postby Magicmike » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:31 am

How long do I need to wait to start weight lifting after implant

Greg1956

Re: Excercise

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 am

Ask your doctor. I was told not to lift ten pounds for a month, but after that to resume what I was comfortable with. The main thing is not to strain your incision and stitches as you are healing.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:23 am

Glad you asked that question. Never thought about asking that.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:47 am

Worked out this past Friday. I was 3 weeks out at the time. Not sure it was a good idea FOR ME!
No lifting, but I did do leg lifts, and some pressing against chest for upright crunches. Don't know if the straining did it, but something did because balls became sore again.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:14 pm

Take it easy!
Put things in perspective.
I assume you are not a professional athlete or model. In other words, you are not making your living out of your fitness.
So if you take a good rest for a couple of months, and maybe lose a couple of pounds of muscle as a consequence, so what? You'll gain it back in a month or two. But you eliminate the risk of fucking up your implant and your dick.
I am a dedicated lifter, lifting 3-4 times per week all year around. But I took no risk. I waited for about a month till I started doing light stuff (dumbell lateral raises, biceps and triceps with cables and light weights - things I despise and normally never do). Then waited another month before I gradually got back to my normal heavy proper lifting - deadlifts, squats, barbell rows, standing presses, weighted chins and dips.
I remember the only thing that really took some time (several months) to feel 100% right was deadlifts. For some weird reason, squats took less time to feel right.
And looking back at it now, four years after surgery, it had no impact whatsoever of course on my strength and fitness level of today. I could have started two weeks earlier or two weeks later, and it still would not have had any impact on my status today. Good form comes and goes. Injuries, periods of less intense workouts, periods of poor diet. Holidays. Whatever. Things happen. In the bigger picture, those weeks mean nothing.
Don't be stupid. Just consider for yourself if a few weeks earlier comeback to the gym is worth doubling the risk of fucking up your implant.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:37 pm

merrix wrote:Take it easy!
Put things in perspective.
...the risk of fucking up your implant.

I agree with merrix.

I also note that few have mentioned specifically the implant's reservoir. You have a hole punched into your abdomen from your scrotum. I was quite sore and unable to rise out of bed without a lot of care, much less lift weights that strained my abs.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:51 pm

Bingo on the hole for the reservoir.
I still can feel it when I lift too much weight.
Feels like what I'd assume a hernia feels like.
I believe my doc had fat fingers.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

WindWizard

Postby WindWizard » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:41 pm

Magicmike wrote:How long do I need to wait to start weight lifting after implant

I played it really safe and waited two months after surgery to start lifting again. I think it was the right call, it’s possible I could have begun lifting after a month or so and felt fine, but I think it’s best to err on the side of caution. Play it safe, listen to your body, if anything feels weird or off while lifting, I’d suggest waiting a bit longer.
20 years old. Severe ED for the past 5 years due to scar tissue.
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:29 pm

I'm a real pussy and didn't want to risk breaking anything. I started exercising 4 weeks post up including very light weights for me. The only discomfort I experienced was where the drain was in my abdomen. The implant used the scrotal method. I could feel it with any exercise the used my abs. I'm 7 months post-implant now and have been lifting heavier weights for 4+ months. Listen to your body and your doctor. An implant is a wonderful thing, don't F it up!
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:24 pm

I asked and was told 6 weeks and then go slowly and work back up to prior regime.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”