Does the implant deflate automatically if pumped for a long time?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Greg1956

Re: Does the implant deflate automatically if pumped for a long time?

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:04 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Greg1956 wrote:
Waynetho wrote:
Greg, it's kinda difficult to roll over in such a state! You must be a back sleeper.

It was uncomfortable when I tried it early on, but no problem at all now. Back when I had natural nocturnal erections and morning wood, I always loved the feel of it between me and the mattress. With my implant it feels exactly the same way.

I don’t make a habit of leaving it pumped all night, but just as I am at the first stage of wake bug up I pump to the max and fall back asleep. That way I start each day with the feeling of morning wood. It is great to have that sensation.

I frequently go to sleep pumped up. Sometimes 80% and sometimes 100%. When 100%, after about 90 minutes, it becomes uncomfortable and I awaken. Then I will release the pressure.

Leaving tissues stretched for long periods of time does not seem to be a problem, but leaving tissues COMPRESSED (restricting blood flow) probably is problematic. Judge for yourself and discuss with your surgeon/urologist/primary care doctor, whichever is available and knowledgeable.

I wonder if any medical journal articles have been written on the advisability? Frequent/extended periods of inflation may prevent shrinkage/atrophy or might exacerbate problems. Has anyone found such a discussion among reputable, peer-reviewed journals?

I have never read anything in the topic, but my surgeon said to avoid prolonged periods of inflation as it puts pressure in the inside of the glans that can eventually lead to erosion of the internal tissues. That is the main problem with the malleable implants since it is similar to having a constant erection.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Lost Sheep

Re: Does the implant deflate automatically if pumped for a long time?

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Greg1956 wrote:I have never read anything in the topic, but my surgeon said to avoid prolonged periods of inflation as it puts pressure in the inside of the glans that can eventually lead to erosion of the internal tissues. That is the main problem with the malleable implants since it is similar to having a constant erection.

Excellent advice from your surgeon. But I wonder how long is prolonged too long?

I have taken discomfort in my glans as the indicator. I hope that is correct and does not put me at risk. I also do not habitually pump to 100% and let it stay for more than 90 minutes (beyond that wakes me if I fell asleep). And I only do that once or twice a week at most, sometimes skipping a week or two. Just random and depending on how I feel. I have not established a schedule.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”