AMS Implant non -support

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jhuteson

AMS Implant non -support

Postby jhuteson » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:52 pm

AMS non-support, when I had MY Implant put in I was givena AMS Spectra usage guide with instructions and a E-mail address and phone # for tech support, well they never answer my E-mails and called me back once after I left messages and acted like I am stupid because I cannot get my implant to work at all.i WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS ?I tried to contact my Dr. but of course he is on vacation, I plan on calling the AMS toll free # again tomorrow ,but after the first talk with them I can't imagine them being much help, my Doc is a good guy so I guess I will have to wait for him to straighten this mess out. JOHN h at jhuteson@hotmail.com

knotreel

Re: AMS Implant non -support

Postby knotreel » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:49 am

I'm just going to make a wild guess at what "won't work at all" means. I'm guessing you don't get a tight or full enought bulb to get good enought squeeze to get the valve to pop, the little pop that you hear when the lock valve locks. Ideally, here is how it should work, you give the bulb a sharp, quick, squeeze and there is a little pop so now you can inflate. If you give it squeeze and you don't get the pop, then the bulb is left empty or at least not completly filled and without a completly full bulb you can not get the "pop" that is needed. So, to get the bulb tight so that you can make another attemp at the sharp quick squeeze that you need to lock the valve, you need to push the lock button for a second or two so that the bulb will refill completely. I am quess you are now just squeezing on soft bulb and nothing is happening?
Hope this helps.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

dlampton

Postby dlampton » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Suggestion: briefly hit the deflate button and give Tiny a squeeze then give the hard/fast inflate squeeze to inflate. If the bulb isn't full or almost full it's hard to get started right. I don't hear a pop but can feel it. If I don't get it right I start over

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:31 pm

The first time I reached down and squeezed and the bulb stayed flat, I almost freaked out. Then the engineer in me took over and I calmed down and thought about it and hit the deflate button. Sure enough, the bulb filled and I inflated without a problem.

Once in a while, it seems like it is taking a lot of effort to squeeze the bulb. I deflate and start over, and everything is fine.

I hope this helps. It doesn't make me happy to hear their support sucks. We have paid a lot of money for this, the least they can do is answer the dang phone with someone who is intelligent on the other end.
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:54 pm

The lady at AMS usually replies but sometimes you have to send her a 2nd e-mail to get her attention.......

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:21 am

Hi guys.. just to clarify : Jhuteson has a MALLEABLE implant, not inflatable!!
Titan 24cm . December 2015

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:45 am

My recent attempts to contact AMS (through their website) have resulted in my emails being returned as "undeliverable." Maybe their mail box is full?? Anyone else been able to contact them?? I am in Asia and don't want to pay for a long distance phone call , by the way....

Thanks

Return to “Implants”