Toronto.. implant surgeon options

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Captain1117

Toronto.. implant surgeon options

Postby Captain1117 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:04 pm

There are few Canadians members here.
Does anyone recommend better surgeons in Toronto/Ottawa (within Ontario) who specialize in implants.

I assume there will be wait times in OHIP..I have great west life insurance trough my employer but not sure they will cover surgical cost. I might consider paying for it myself..if no options work out.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

Toronto67

Re: Toronto.. implant surgeon options

Postby Toronto67 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:46 pm

Hi

I was implanted in Toronto by Dr Krakowsky, surgery went very well and I am very happy with the implant.

Here is the link of a post I did few months ago with several doctors in Ontario:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12870

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.
Born 1967, diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2016, prostatectomy performed in 2018, current PSA 0.10, implanted with LGX 700 on Jul 2019.

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:38 am

Thank you so much.

I am not familiar with how OHIP works for implants..so will send you PM.

Appreciated.
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

St1pan2019

Postby St1pan2019 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Captain1117 wrote:There are few Canadians members here.
Does anyone recommend better surgeons in Toronto/Ottawa (within Ontario) who specialize in implants.

I assume there will be wait times in OHIP..I have great west life insurance trough my employer but not sure they will cover surgical cost. I might consider paying for it myself..if no options work out.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

I went to see and ask questions with Dr Brock in London Ontario. He says he does about 1-2 a week but he couldn’t assure me that he actually does the procedures himself anymore as he has his team of other doctors learning the craft also at the teaching hospital he works at. If he was doing the surgery himself I would have considered him strongly but I didn’t get a straight answer from him so now I have to pay to get this done in the US. Don’t trust just anyone with the first implant surgery. Maybe I will revisit when I need a revision.
40 yrs old, ED from Scleroderma since 2010, married since 2004, was using VED/rings for sex as injections/pills didn't work, Also on Testosterone injection therapy
Implanted 1/9/2020
Dr. Eid, Titan Touch 20+1cm rte
Reside in Ontario, Canada

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:19 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sounds like Toronto doesn't have as many implants installed as New York or other major US cities.
Curious why it apparently is that way.

Return to “Implants”