Reservoir volume...how much is too much or too less?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Re: Reservoir volume...how much is too much or too less?

Postby newbie443 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:37 am

AMS differs in the size of reservoirs. They have a 65ml and a 100ml. There was a surgical guide publication for doctors to follow but I cannot find it now. I do not know if it has information in it about reservoir selection or volume of saline or not. If someone has this it might be worth a look.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

merrix

Postby merrix » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:52 am

A combination of data from studies and simple maths roughly give the following volumes for different Titan sizes:

18 cm: 64 ml
20 cm: 74 ml
22 cm: 84 ml
24 cm: 94 ml
26 cm: 104 ml

It appears that it is not until you reach 22 cm that you could possibly need the 125 ml reservoir, but probably not even then since I suppose nobody really pumps out 100% of the saline.
Also remember that the absolute theoretical maximum a Titan pump can deliver in one push (i.e. the volume of the pump bulb) is about 2.5 ml.
So a 20 cm implant with a full 75 ml reservoir would theoretically require about 30 complete 100% full wall-to-wall pumps to get to its maximum hardness and girth.
In reality though, nobody would achieve to squeeze 2.5 ml in each pump.
So it would probably rather require at least 40 pumps.

In my case, with my 24 cm implant, the theoretical maximum amount of saline I can get in my implant is about 95 ml, which would require 95/2.5=38 maximum pumps.
Which makes this one of these great happenings when theory matches with reality.
I normally do about 20-30 full wall-to-wall pumps, and then another ~40 gradually more and more shallow pumps to get to where it is impossible for me to get one more drop in it.
Whether that is because it is full, because there is no more saline left (in my 125 ml reservoir) or because I simply am not strong enough to go on - I don't know.

But I do know that a majority of men on this planet would not be able to pump as much in their implanted dick as me, since the last pumps require me to press with two hands, grunt like when I deadlift, and get purple in my face because of the maximum effort. I use two hands, eight fingers and press with all the power I have. And I am stronger than most guys. Not than all, but than most.
As for the one-handed approach, I cannot get even close to the hardness I achieve with two hands.

So that's why I always look with some scepticism to statements from guys with let's say a 22 cm Titan who claim they do 8-10 pumps and then they are "rock-hard". Yeah right. Do the maths.
On the other side, if they are happy with their hardness, all is good. Rock hard is a subjective thing.
But for sure, they don't know the true meaning of what "Rock hard" means for a truly fully pumped Titan. Neither do their partners...
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

PeaceofPain07

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:47 am

merrix wrote:A combination of data from studies and simple maths roughly give the following volumes for different Titan sizes:

Very useful, thank you. Do you have link to where you found this data?
Born 1986. Implanted 3/21, Eid. Titan 20cm + 1RTE. 5'11 178lbs.

A support group for ED in young males, but open to older males: facebook.com/groups/erectiledysfunction

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:36 pm

merrix wrote:Rock hard is a subjective thing.

Merrix, as always, a wealth of information. Thanks for posting those details.

I would love to see a study on measuring "bending moment". Objective measurement of rigidity/stiffness would be easy to compare, then.

I think we have seen this study before
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9518310051

But, instead, measuring in vivo (not to compare different devices' results in the same penis, as the study did in cadavers) to objectively measure stiffness of one implanted device in one man at differing levels of inflation effort. Such a study might offer some limited ability to compare outcomes between individual men as well, but the additional variables of length, girth, penile tissue condition/health and degree of spongiosum participation in the measure would complicate that comparison.

Still, it would be useful, I think.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

implant1959

Postby implant1959 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:18 am

merrix wrote:A combination of data from studies and simple maths roughly give the following volumes for different Titan sizes:

It appears that it is not until you reach 22 cm that you could possibly need the 125 ml reservoir, but probably not even then since I suppose nobody really pumps out 100% of the saline.
Also remember that the absolute theoretical maximum a Titan pump can deliver in one push (i.e. the volume of the pump bulb) is about 2.5 ml.
So a 20 cm implant with a full 75 ml reservoir would theoretically require about 30 complete 100% full wall-to-wall pumps to get to its maximum hardness and girth.

In my case, with my 24 cm implant, the theoretical maximum amount of saline I can get in my implant is about 95 ml, which would require 95/2.5=38 maximum pumps.
Which makes this one of these great happenings when theory matches with reality.
I normally do about 20-30 full wall-to-wall pumps, and then another ~40 gradually more and more shallow pumps to get to where it is impossible for me to get one more drop in it.
Whether that is because it is full, because there is no more saline left (in my 125 ml reservoir) or because I simply am not strong enough to go on - I don't know.

But I do know that a majority of men on this planet would not be able to pump as much in their implanted dick as me, since the last pumps require me to press with two hands, grunt like when I deadlift, and get purple in my face because of the maximum effort. I use two hands, eight fingers and press with all the power I have. And I am stronger than most guys. Not than all, but than most.
As for the one-handed approach, I cannot get even close to the hardness I achieve with two hands.

So that's why I always look with some scepticism to statements from guys with let's say a 22 cm Titan who claim they do 8-10 pumps and then they are "rock-hard". Yeah right. Do the maths.
On the other side, if they are happy with their hardness, all is good. Rock hard is a subjective thing.
But for sure, they don't know the true meaning of what "Rock hard" means for a truly fully pumped Titan. Neither do their partners...

I find this a little insulting
1. With your calculations you are assuming that everyone has the capability to reach maximum girth of the prosthesis.
2. In your statement " scepticism to statements from guys with let's say a 22 cm Titan who claim they do 8-10 pumps and then they are "rock-hard". Yeah right. Do the maths." you are assuming that the guys are pumping from ground zero, where in fact they may be wearing at 60% normally. and again may not have the girth to allow full expansion of prosthesis
3. Sure you are stronger then everyone else and get harder because of it, but then why does it take you two hands??
4. Stating "But for sure, they don't know the true meaning of what "Rock hard" means for a truly fully pumped Titan. Neither do their partners." is just plain mean.

The one thing I know for sure, is that you can't pump any more because it's full. It is NOT because you are out of fluid, if you were out of fluid the bulb would not reinflate.
Scott, member of Bionic Brotherhood since 12/2/2020 with activation on 12/17/2020.
Coloplast Titan Touch.
Feel free to PM me, we all need an ear now and then.

vajim1

Postby vajim1 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:38 am

With my Titan 22cm I have a 125ml reservoir and 105ml fluid the number of pumps will vary with any one because you will never pump the same amount of fluid each time. :D
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

PeaceofPain07

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:06 am

implant1959 wrote:I find this a little insulting
1. With your calculations you are assuming that everyone has the capability to reach maximum girth of the prosthesis.
2. In your statement " scepticism to statements from guys with let's say a 22 cm Titan who claim they do 8-10 pumps and then they are "rock-hard". Yeah right. Do the maths." you are assuming that the guys are pumping from ground zero, where in fact they may be wearing at 60% normally. and again may not have the girth to allow full expansion of prosthesis
3. Sure you are stronger then everyone else and get harder because of it, but then why does it take you two hands??
4. Stating "But for sure, they don't know the true meaning of what "Rock hard" means for a truly fully pumped Titan. Neither do their partners." is just plain mean.

The one thing I know for sure, is that you can't pump any more because it's full. It is NOT because you are out of fluid, if you were out of fluid the bulb would not reinflate.

I don't think merrix intended to be insulting, but I understand the reaction as he may be assuming of others more than necessary. You bring up good counter arguments. A person may get hard from few pumps if there is autoinflation as well.
Born 1986. Implanted 3/21, Eid. Titan 20cm + 1RTE. 5'11 178lbs.

A support group for ED in young males, but open to older males: facebook.com/groups/erectiledysfunction

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:47 am

implant1959 wrote:

I find this a little insulting

Yes there are a lot of easily insulted people around here.
I am not assuming anything. I am saying that "It appears that it is not until you reach 22 cm that you could possibly need the 125 ml reservoir".
The word "possibly" was there to take in to account that not everybody (maybe nobody) can pump it 100% full, and hence won't need the theoretical maximum volume of saline their implants could contain.

And yes, I am assuming that when people say that they do 10 pumps to get hard, they start from deflated. Otherwise the statement would be useless, wouldn't it?
"How far from the sea do you live?"
"500 meters"
"Wow, that's close, only a short walk"
"No, no, first I drive my car 5 km, and from there it is 500 meters"
Makes perfect sense, right?

Number 3. ???? I think I said specifically that I was not stronger than everyone. And my point with the two hands is that even for me, it takes me two hands to reach maximum hardness. Which is why I think that nobody on this planet could 100% fully inflate an implant with one hand. I would not even come close.
The point was just that it will require two hands for probably all men on this planet to fully inflate.
Then many may be satisfied with the hardness they can achieve with one hand, but that' another story.
I just mean that nobody, or very, very few, can reach the maximum hardness with one hand.

Yes, number 4 may be mean to you, but it doesn't change the fact.

Take care, hope you find a nice little pink painted and cushioned path to live your life without exposure to mean people like me.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Wed May 05, 2021 8:38 pm

It definitely takes two hands for me to reach my maximum inflation.
Yes I can get hard with just one hand but when I up the ante and combine hands I can add a further 20 pumps to get to “hammer-handle” hardness with the final 7 pumps only compressing the pump maybe 40%..... but still shifting fluid from the reservoir to the cylinders.
I don’t have massive strength in my fingers/forearms so 2 hands it is.
Perhaps some men have extremely strong hands?

Return to “Implants”